ADVERTISEMENT

More From Brands On Recruiting

Yes, spyker Mcdoungh,Gilman,Clark,Telford Brooks Meyer and Mark Perry hated wrestling and Brands so bad that is why they are in the HWC..
Maybe you should just take care of your pledges just saying.....

Why does being a bumbling idiot equate to honesty? Brands is intense and would do anything to win including break any rules he thought he could get away with (see sauna use by his wrestlers). I don't believe he didn't understand negative recruiting was happening all along since he spent much of his career engaging in it. Brands whispered MANY negative things about Jimmy Z. into the ears of recruits as he lured them out to VTech. I understand people who think because he appears so simple he isn't as devious as the next coach, but that simply isn't grounded in truth. Tom Brands is just a snaky as Tom Ryan without the gift of gab.(or the tan)

what is the internet term for trolling as a fake troll. Dont get me wrong its hilarious, but man some people make it waaaaay easier than it should be.

#cupyourhands
#smartkillermindset

Instead of second rate, I like Iowa is at the very bottom of the top tier. Struggling mightily to stay there too. If the ship isn't righted after this season, second rate power might become the new Hawk standard.

This is fun isn't it?
I think Iowa is like France, once a great power, still has a seat at the table on the world stage, but not really a threat to the USA, Russia and China.

Why does being a bumbling idiot equate to honesty? Brands is intense and would do anything to win including break any rules he thought he could get away with (see sauna use by his wrestlers). I don't believe he didn't understand negative recruiting was happening all along since he spent much of his career engaging in it. Brands whispered MANY negative things about Jimmy Z. into the ears of recruits as he lured them out to VTech. I understand people who think because he appears so simple he isn't as devious as the next coach, but that simply isn't grounded in truth. Tom Brands is just a snaky as Tom Ryan without the gift of gab.(or the tan)
James,

What are your thoughts on the book "Four Days to Glory" about high school wrestling in Iowa with a focus on Jay Borschel and Dan LeClere? It does get into their recruitment.

I'm somewhat impressed that Fake Spyker is virtually indistinguishable from Real Spyker, but it's also boring. If you're going to run a parody account, spyce it up some.

I'm wondering if fake spyker is the same guy that did fake guns last season. That guy got the real guns so worked up, it was hilarious. Even used the same avatar, just reversed the orientation.

I'm somewhat impressed that Fake Spyker is virtually indistinguishable from Real Spyker, but it's also boring. If you're going to run a parody account, spyce it up some.

exactly.

#CupYOhands

I'm wondering if fake spyker is the same guy that did fake guns last season. That guy got the real guns so worked up, it was hilarious. Even used the same avatar, just reversed the orientation.
I believe that Fake Spyker first showed up on the thread Fake Guns (who may or may not be the same as the Fake Guns you're referencing) started the other day, and I'm going to guess recent Fake Guns and Fake Spyker are the same author.

two different people.

what is the internet term for trolling as a fake troll. Dont get me wrong its hilarious, but man some people make it waaaaay easier than it should be.

#cupyourhands
#smartkillermindset

First things first -- what is the official term for using a banana peel to have . . . um, 'relations'?

And did Crop contact Emily or Sarah, yet?

Yes, spyker Mcdoungh,Gilman,Clark,Telford Brooks Meyer and Mark Perry hated wrestling and Brands so bad that is why they are in the HWC..
Maybe you should just take care of your pledges just saying.....
Did you know there are some great parody accounts on Twitter? The best ones hang around for a long time and get a sucker or two a day, hook, line and sinker.

Did you know there are some great parody accounts on Twitter? The best ones hang around for a long time and get a sucker or two a day, hook, line and sinker.

the fake sean spicer always cracks me up.

if you have any recommendations please pass along. Im a big fan of parody and stupid.

the fake sean spicer always cracks me up.

if you have any recommendations please pass along. Im a big fan of parody and stupid.
You throw down the king of parody accounts, then ask for recs? Anything I come up with will pale in comparison.

Knowing Spyker is an honest person ...

Wait, do we know if Fake Spyker is an honest person?

[Q Brands whispered MANY negative things about Jimmy Z. into the ears of recruits as he lured them out to VTech. I understand people who think because he appears so simple he isn't as devious as the next coach, but that simply isn't grounded in truth. Tom Brands is just a snaky as Tom Ryan without the gift of gab.(or the tan)[/QUOTE]

bullshit, and bullshit

Fake Spyker is highly distinguishable from Real Spyker. Real Spyker has a Trumpian economy and vividness with words. Fake Spyker writes like a white guy trying to use "Ebonics"—no authenticity at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUaggie
bullshit, and bullshit
Bullshiit to what parts? You only typed the word twice.
He did or did not whisper bad things about Zelesky into recruits ears?
He is or is not simple?
He is or is not snaky like Ryan?
He is or is not as glib as Ryan?

Just wondering? You seemed fairly adamant, only unclear.

Iowa is a tad better than that. They will be a threat in 2-3 years.
Before last season and on the heels of the Lee signing it was 2020 when they would win their next NC. Or the year after N/N/N graduate, which I always thought was reasonable message board banter.

However, the Goofs/Pokes/Yuks and others are all having great recruiting hauls this year that will have them in the thick of it in 2020.

Now you see threads with posts that have moved that date out to 2022 (Lee/Warner RS Sr years) and they are going to make a push with the next recruiting class. News flash the next class isnt as highly regarded across the board like this one.

So now the masters of development and the best lite weight room in Merica will just train their way to a NC. Again good message board banter, but if banter won championship the hawks wouldnt be facing their worst season since the 70s.

PS- putting the good fortunes of your program in the hands of a mercenary or a kid with 3 surgeries in 24 months is risky at best. But then again maybe there is a chapter in the 3" binder in how to handle this and Im just not in the know.

God forbid they have hope and a positive attitude!.

Positive attitude is one thing, but it loses its luster (to outsiders, at least) when it is accompanied by incessant accusations that the frontrunners are cheating, by other not-so-noble excuse-making, and by hypocritical stances on ethics.

As I'm sure you are well aware, it's all that negative stuff that overrides the positive and just invites derision from the folks who feel like they are continually being dumped on by people who are not really in a position to be dishing out much smack.

Won't e long until the Dwarf, midget, oompa loompa comments start rolling in. Par for the course.

Is it really cheating if the slushfund is just a loophole? Wish i could have an hour to read through Larry Lee's binder. What exactly did the other schools promise Spencer and say about Iowa?

The truth will come out sometime. Iowa isn't going anywhere. You guys know it. Thats why you talk about them everyday.

Iowa is a tad better than that. They will be a threat in 2-3 years.
With who? Kaleb Young as a contender? Max Murin? You spend too much time on the Iowa boards and have bought into the hype. Warner will be good and contend. Lee will contend if he stays injury free. Marinelli could be a top 4 or 5 guy. Who else do you think is going to contend, because you are going to need 5 or 6 guys like that to contend with PSU and tOSU over the next 4 or 5 years. At least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT