ADVERTISEMENT

Mens Bball vs Purdue

Of course...if the team plays stupid, that’s bad coaching and it’s on Chambers. If they run sets go on runs and they win, then that’s indicative of good coaching by chambers. They’re so hot and cold. Here comes another Purdue run...

What, you didn't know the head coach has an Xbox controller over there so he can work where the players go on every possession? I'm amazed sometimes that people get so bent out of shape about coaching when it's often on the players for 3/4 of the games. Coaching is about having the right people in the game at the right time. Right now, he's got the right players in the game and if someone would just get out on a 3-point shooter, PSU would probably have the lead.

Hey "dipshit", maybe I would have had I not been at the hospital with my father-in-law who was having a massive stroke. Stop being a moron. Just because we've won a few games doesn't mean Chambers is a good coach or that he should be back another year. I 'm not calling for his head but stating a fact......WE DON'T RUN AN OFFENSE.

WTF does your father-in-law having a stroke have to do with your making dumb posts??

Calls are missed--that's not a reason to bitch . That's part of the game. There's a human factor. Just like coaches and players. The calls on Watkins were valid. All 4 of them. Which is disappointing because he's the player on this team that I like the most
So guys are grabbing, elbowing, pulling on each other and nothing is called, but walking back toward a guy is bad enough to get a technical? Come on man, at least be reasonable.

Of course...if the team plays stupid, that’s bad coaching and it’s on Chambers. If they run sets go on runs and they win, then that’s indicative of good coaching by chambers. They’re so hot and cold. Here comes another Purdue run...

And another know nothing post from NLR. . .

What, you didn't know the head coach has an Xbox controller over there so he can work where the players go on every possession? I'm amazed sometimes that people get so bent out of shape about coaching when it's often on the players for 3/4 of the games. Coaching is about having the right people in the game at the right time. Right now, he's got the right players in the game and if someone would just get out on a 3-point shooter, PSU would probably have the lead.

The point about no offense is ge nerally valid though I do think part of the game plan tonight should be ball screens in to iso's to get mismatches and pull the big guys out

The point about no offense is ge nerally valid though I do think part of the game plan tonight should be ball screens in to iso's to get mismatches and pull the big guys out

They do need a lot more motion and get those big guys moving around to open up shooters and driving lanes. That backdoor play they made was great. Carr has to be careful he doesn't try to do too much iso crap and kill the ball movement.

Said it after the Ohio State game and I'll say it again -- Purdue is NOT tough. They have 2 7-footers and PSU is consistently getting them on the offensive boards. Stay after them, Purdue will wilt.

WTF does your father-in-law having a stroke have to do with your making dumb posts??

You were the idiot that asked why I didn't post during the Illinois game but I 'm sure remembering what happened 5 minutes ago is difficult for you. Its ok....Continue being an ass. You're good at it and its quite amusing.

Even if they lose this they played well for most of the game (although Purdue not having Edwards matters) but if they lose it's on them--not the refs or anyone else. Tired of excuses

Reactions: psu1969a
Officials better make sure Haas doesn't ward off his defender when he's posting up. He was damn near close to doing it there before the timeout.

Garner, Moore and Pierce played outstanding. Expected to get more from Stevens after a strong first 10 minutes. Edwards was the best player on the floor and Purdue overall has a better team but great game

They played well but that's a tough loss...going to need to play really well the next two weeks to have any shot

You guys beating up Watkins, I believe that he just finished the 46 hour dance marathon, what a trooper.

At least that is what it looked like.

Officiating was the difference tonight.

No a terrible 5-6 minute stretch in the 2nd half with 4 or 5 TO's and bad shots let Purdue go on a 12-2 run or so, that was the difference. Just keeping it to a smaller run would have done it.

The team played tough for 30 minutes but the last 2 minutes of the first half and the first 8 minutes of the second half were pretty awful.

Officiating was the difference tonight.
No. The difference in the game was that Purdue scored at an incredibly efficient rate in the last 10 minutes. They scored damn near every possession.

Every time Penn State tied or got within one or two, Purdue had an answer. Every. Damn. Time. Frustrating loss, but proud of the guys for this one.

Good fight by the team tonight. Bummer with the early foul trouble and the cold streak at the beginning of the 2nd.

Really dude? You're the one making yourself look like the fool

So lighthousegolfer says he didn't post last Sunday because of his father-in-law's stroke even though he posted several times and I'm the one that looks like a fool??

Hunter, you were dumb on FOS and you're dumb here.

Not how I wanted to see it turn out but I'm really happy to see the fight in this team and how they played to get back in it at the end when they were down 11 to a good team in their house. Still frustrated with the second half "breaks" they take - letting Purdue outscore them by 15 points to open the second half, for example.

B1G tournament will be fun as I think they can play with anyone in the league right now and even if they don't get into the NCAA, I would have to think they'd have a good run in the NIT.

I can't intelligently debate something you've created in your head that doesn't exist in reality. Come back with a real argument
So I thought the technical foul called on BOTH players was ticky tack and shouldn’t have been called and I created that in my head? Brilliant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT