ADVERTISEMENT

Mens Bball vs Purdue

Chambers just stands there watching these collapses. Dumb foul after dumb foul and he just stands silently...no coaching, no timeout to stop the run, no sets on offense. Just pickup basketball hoping he can win on talent alone.
thanks for posting.....we have not had a post like this since the first half of the Illinois Game.....

One and done possessions have really hurt so far this half.

It's not out of control yet but it's getting there quick.

That being said, they played pretty well if the first half without Watkins. Maybe a small run here to get them started will let them have a chance at the end.

Chambers just stands there watching these collapses. Dumb foul after dumb foul and he just stands silently...no coaching, no timeout to stop the run, no sets on offense. Just pickup basketball hoping he can win on talent alone.

Another know nothing comment from NLR.

Watkins can't be baited into that...blame him not the refs
All Purdue right now...going to have to win the next 2 then 2 games in the Big Ten if they don't pick things up quickly here. Losing to Purdue without Edwards doesn't help our argument at all.

Given that Watkins yakked two bunnies at the beginning of the half and didn't have his hands available for a shovel pass inside that led to a turnover, maybe PSU is better off without him on the court. The key to stopping Purdue is making sure the Edwards boys don't get going. One is on the bench but the other one has heated up.

The lack of movement and post up ability finally caught up to them. Plus C Edwards is easily the best layer on the floor tonight

Sure would be nice if they would quit turning the ball over and at least get some shots up. They look completely lost in the second half.

This has turned into a mess in a real hurry. And, Lion.....I know you must have a love affair going on with Chambers or something but the shot at NLR is uncalled for. Maybe if Chambers coached this team to run an offense instead of a quick shot every time down the floor we wouldn't be in this position. We run no half court offense whatsoever......but I guess I'm a know it all too now.

All Purdue right now...going to have to win the next 2 then 2 games in the Big Ten if they don't pick things up quickly here. Losing to Purdue without Edwards doesn't help our argument at all.
Come on....I’ve seen worse in youth league basketball without a foul even being called. This is big boy basketball....neither player should have gotten a technical. It was a bush league call, but if I had to guess one poster who would support it, it would be you.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Baited into what? The Purdue center simply pushed him after the foul was called. Get out of here you troll. We all already know that you show up only to troll.

The commentators pointed out the lack of coaching from PSU in this game too. We just have these strange total collapses and we don’t try to stop them. Happened more earlier in the season.

....another “hack attack” on defense as I speak. Why are we doing that??? Bonus with 12 minutes left??? That’s ridiculous.

This has turned into a mess in a real hurry. And, Lion.....I know you must have a love affair going on with Chambers or something but the shot at NLR is uncalled for. Maybe if Chambers coached this team to run an offense instead of a quick shot every time down the floor we wouldn't be in this position. We run no half court offense whatsoever......but I guess I'm a know it all too now.

Stick to golf, guy.

LOL--the refs are out to get us...they're the reason we're losing. Watkins did nothing wrong. Same story every time things don't go our way.

We're being out played and the refs have called a very fair/even game.

I'm so tired of everyone blaming the refs for everything...

So sloppy with the ball. Where is the defensive change? Bring Wheeler in to harass Edwards. Try to press some, etc....

Reactions: auxgym
LOL--the refs are out to get us...they're the reasoning we're losing. Watkins did nothing wrong. Same story every time things don't go our way.

You should have used "us" when we beat your a$$ last game troll

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Wow, if I was a coach and I had a 7-footer on my team, I'd smack him with a broom every time he brought the ball down below his shoulders.* Purdue's got 2 of them and they both bring it down.

*please note that I'd probably not be coaching anymore if I used that tactic

Wow, if I was a coach and I had a 7-footer on my team, I'd smack him with a broom every time he brought the ball down below his shoulders.* Purdue's got 2 of them and they both bring it down.

*please note that I'd probably not be coaching anymore if I used that tactic
The younger guy does it every time, Haas not as much, plus hes stronger so he gets away with it. He will be a pro for a long time though.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
LOL--the refs are out to get us...they're the reason we're losing. Watkins did nothing wrong. Same story every time things don't go our way.

So where did anyone say the refs were out to get us? I guess you’re saying if the refs are even then they don’t miss any throughout the whole game. This may be one of your dumbest series of posts ever, and that’s saying something. It was a BS call, plain and simple....not saying it was deliberate to get PSU...it was bad both ways.

So where did anyone say the refs were out to get us? I guess you’re saying if the refs are even then they don’t miss any throughout the whole game. This may be one of your dumbest series of posts ever, and that’s saying something. It was a BS call, plain and simple....not saying it was deliberate to get PSU...it was bad both ways.

Calls are missed--that's not a reason to bitch . That's part of the game. There's a human factor. Just like coaches and players. The calls on Watkins were valid. All 4 of them. Which is disappointing because he's the player on this team that I like the most

Reactions: Nitwit
Hey dipshit, how many brain cells did it take to compose this post during the Illinois game that ended 74-52??

Hey "dipshit", maybe I would have had I not been at the hospital with my father-in-law who was having a massive stroke. Stop being a moron. Just because we've won a few games doesn't mean Chambers is a good coach or that he should be back another year. I 'm not calling for his head but stating a fact......WE DON'T RUN AN OFFENSE.

Of course...if the team plays stupid, that’s bad coaching and it’s on Chambers. If they run sets go on runs and they win, then that’s indicative of good coaching by chambers. They’re so hot and cold. Here comes another Purdue run...

Gutty performance. Watkins absent, double digit turnovers and poor foul shooting. Yet in game with 3:30 to play.

Reactions: francofan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT