ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Live Thread: Penn State vs. Nebraska

I don’t see Robb wrestling to his current ranking at NCAAs. Doubt he’s an AA, though the weight class lacks depth.

Should have kept clearing the hand so he could turn in. Started to then went to the leg and then back to the hand at the end.
I thought he was going to get it but then he allowed Robb to tie him up again. He was close to getting danger swipes also. He might have been better off getting tied up but forcing Robb towards his back.

This^^. Bearclaw kept in close, but didn't come remotely close to a TD until the last 15 seconds. And then it was too little, too late.
And yet he was VERY close on that last attempt. Extremely close to pulling off a monster upset. Extremely.

I agree to some extent. It could be he knows he doesn't have the strength to power through at 149 so he limits his shots. I'm holding out hope he regains his confidence and aggressiveness against 141s.

Sorry, but confidence and aggressiveness had zero to do with today's loss..... Beau was thoroughly dominated in every phase - neutral, bottom and top. He looks like that huge group of wrestlers just outside AA level imho. There are so many solid wrestlers in that range chances are just as good that he doesn't make R12 as he does, especially with as many ultra low-scoring matches he wrestles (i.e., he has no neutral offense and it is very difficult to control matches when you can't score from Neutral).

Could this match come down to Beard against Schulz at 197 ... if Nebraska wins 165 and 174 and Penn State wins 184 and 285?

Unless Edsell pulls the upset, Mason will need to keep it to a decision.

Edit: Wilson not going for Nebby. Edsel has an opportunity.

RANKNAMESCHOOLYEARNATIONAL RANK
1Carter StarocciPenn StateSO1
2Michael KemererIowaSR2
3Mike LabriolaNebraskaJR5
4Logan MassaMichiganSR6
5Ethan SmithOhio StateSR7
6Gerrit NijenhuisPurdueSO17
7Bailee O'ReillyMinnesotaSR19
8Andrew McNallyWisconsinSR20
9Troy FisherNorthwesternFR21
10DJ ShannonIllinoisFR22
11Dominic SolisMarylandFRNR
12Nicholas SouthIndianaSONR
13Connor O'NeillRutgersFRNR
14Nate JiminezMichigan StateJRNR

Still early, but Manville looks a little better tonight, IMO. 2-1; 1:35 to go in 2nd when I type this.

Reactions: Chris Watts
If I see BB attempt a cradle ever again, it will be too soon.

Beau probably has the takedown if he keeps driving forward and keeps Lovett's legs off the mat. But he again turns to the side and goes for the big move rather than just stay methodical, drive forward and force Lovett to bail to avoid potentially expose himself. Same mistake he made against Sasso. But it really didn't matter that much today imho as Lovett thoroughly dominated that match outside that one scramble.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
The Edsell is quietly rumbling and humming along down the BIG Ten Highway. He is 4-0 in Big Ten competition. Top seed? :) :)

I think they’ll reward Marinelli in the seeding for ducking him by Iowa scheduling Iowa-PSU match while Berge was still at 165.

He wrestled several good, close matches up 1-2 weight classes a few years ago.
He seems mentally checked out in these last 2 matches... Yes I know they are tough kids but so we're the kids back then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT