ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Live Thread: Penn State vs. Nebraska

Yeah- several shots. A couple deep ones in first period.
Just didn't seem like he did much in 2 or 3.
Edit: As quickly as Lee got hit for stalling, I figured Red would've at least got hit late in the 2nd for doing nothing from neutral.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat
Bartlett has rushed/miscalculated SOOOOOO many finishes this year. That's part of what makes me optimistic. It's little things he needs to clean up and he could be scoring so much more.
I think some abeing out muscled
Well, that cements it for me. BB is in no way, shape, or form a 149 pound wrestler. He had Ridge in a lot of trouble and Ridge blew through him like nothing. Just doesn't have the size or strength.
That’s how I see it. I think he gets some of those finishes at 141 and certainly doesn’t end up on the short end of them.

Reactions: PAgeologist
That was Bartlett's worst effort this year IMO. Definitely needs to open up but you don't have the length to cradle 149s ... especially Sasso/Lovett!

BB continues to fight no matter what, and that's important. His opponents often have length on him. His best strategy in the post season might be to keep it close and go for the win in OT or with a ride out or last minute TD.

RANKNAMESCHOOLYEARNATIONAL RANK
1Ryan Deakin NorthwesternSR2
2Brayton LeeMinnesotaSO7
3Peyton RobbNebraskaSO8
4Kendall ColemanPurdueJR11
5Kaleb YoungIowaSR12
6Will LewanMichiganJR15
7Garrett ModelWisconsinJR22
8Chase SaldateMichigan StateSOHM
9Bryce HepnerOhio StateFRNR
10Robert KanniardRutgersSONR
11Derek GilcherIndianaFRNR
12Joe RobertsIllinoisFRNR
13Terrell BarracloughPenn StateSONR
14Lucas CordioMarylandSONR

That was Bartlett's worst effort this year IMO. Definitely needs to open up but you don't have the length to cradle 149s ... especially Sasso/Lovett!
Thought Murin for me, but definitely a tough showing. Against Murin I felt like he didn't give himself a chance to win, whereas today I just felt like he was pretty outgunned from the jump.

Reactions: Ski
He might get some of them, but I've yet to see anything more than R12 at any weight.
I agree to some extent. It could be he knows he doesn't have the strength to power through at 149 so he limits his shots. I'm holding out hope he regains his confidence and aggressiveness against 141s.

Reactions: lions#1
Not that it made any difference whatsoever, but how doesn't he call top-stalling on Lovett after how he called same on Lee????
I started to type same post, but I think he had RBY broken down flat and hitting cross faces more. I’m not saying you don’t have a point, but I saw enough of a difference that I didn’t post it after taking the time to type basically the same thing.

I agree to some extent. It could be he knows he doesn't have the strength to power through at 149 so he limits his shots. I'm holding out hope he regains his confidence and aggressiveness against 141s.
This is sort of where I'm at. And it's not the same for everyone, but if anyone has wrestled as an undersized guy they know it can be deflating when you get in on a shot and quickly realize you have no chance to finish/might give up points. You become a lot more judicious with your shot attempts.

RANKNAMESCHOOLYEARNATIONAL RANK
1Carson KharchlaOhio StateSO4
2Alex MarinelliIowaSR5
3Dean HamitiWisconsinFR13
4Brady BergePenn StateSR10
5Cameron AmineMichiganSO11
6Cael CarlsonMinnesotaFRHM
7Caleb FishMichigan StateSOHM
8Dan BraunagelIllinoisSONR
9Bubba WilsonNebraskaFRHM
10David FerranteNorthwesternSONR
11John Martin BestMarylandFRNR