ADVERTISEMENT

Lee vs. Yianni, round, uh...

I can admit when I'm wrong, after reading all of these much better opinions I'm convinced that Yianni is not just better than Nick he's on another level. If you're USA Wrestling I think you have to step in and stop all of this ridiculous "qualifying" when you have a guy that is this much better than another.

I can admit when I'm wrong, after reading all of these much better opinions I'm convinced that Yianni is not just better than Nick he's on another level. If you're USA Wrestling I think you have to step in and stop all of this ridiculous "qualifying" when you have a guy that is this much better than another.
Bingo. Yianni has never lost a legit match to Nick in his life. He doesn't try against Nick and today he added in an injury, on top of not trying.

Why are you so sensitive?

No, this is incorrect. Yianni simply doesn't try against Nick. Everyone else? You betcha.
This happens too much in wrestling. Just in recent history you've had:

Stieber not try against Zain at Rec Hall
Gabe Dean not try against Nickal
IMar not try against Cenzo 2x
Fix not try against RBY 2x
Zahid not try against Brooks at the trials last year
Mendez not trying against Bartlett last night
Steveson not trying against Cassar 2x

And now Yianni mailing it in for the 4th time against Nick.

What's embarrassing is constantly disrespecting Nick Lee when he's now beaten Yianni FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. Do you also think the Bills were the best NFL team of the 90s?
nobody is doing that. not a single person. this is a psu forum. are you out of your mind?

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
My goodness. I just watched it. How could they let him wrestle like that. Check him again; he’s not okay.

Reactions: js8793
What's embarrassing is constantly disrespecting Nick Lee when he's now beaten Yianni FOUR TIMES IN A ROW. Do you also think the Bills were the best NFL team of the 90s?
Dude - It is possible to say that Nick Lee is the better wrestler AND Yianni clearly is concussed. It's weird that you're holding onto this so tight...

Irrespective of who is better, Yanni was disoriented and had difficulty returning to the center of the mat. You could see him having difficulty arising and was wobbly with the first step after arising. His reaction to Nick's attack was dramatically different from the beginning of the match to those in the later part of the match.

Irrespective of who is better, Yanni was disoriented and had difficulty returning to the center of the mat. You could see him having difficulty arising and was wobbly with the first step after arising. His reaction to Nick's attack was dramatically different from the beginning of the match to those in the later part of the match.
What will you say if yianni comes out for a second match?

He wouldn't be the first to try and shake off a concussion.
Concussions are terrible and no one wants to win or lose like that.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Good lord, just go back and watch the match. They stopped it w/ 1:30 left in the first and within 15 seconds of the restart Yianni took a shot from space, sucked in the leg and lifted Nick completely off the mat. How in the hell could you do that with a concussion? I'm not saying Yianni is 100% but it's friggin' wrestling, nobody is ever 100%.

Reactions: NLB_Six
Yianni did not look right the entire second period. I actually hope he can recover and wrestle but they really need to make sure he is ok, but they did not do that during the match.

Depends on how he functions. After what we saw, I would think that they should postpone the rest of the match and allow both a good concussion protocol exam as well as time to recover.
These wrestle offs have been postponed for injury before.
He will probably come out because everyone, including Yanni, wants it to happen. Doesn't mean it should, but that is frequently what happens in high level and profesional sports due to outside pressures. It happens at lower levels of sport due to ignorance and lack of medical assets.

Reactions: js8793
Good lord, just go back and watch the match. They stopped it w/ 1:30 left in the first and within 15 seconds of the restart Yianni took a shot from space, sucked in the leg and lifted Nick completely off the mat. How in the hell could you do that with a concussion? I'm not saying Yianni is 100% but it's friggin' wrestling, nobody is ever 100%.
Now go watch the 2nd period where he could barely get up after breaks in the action and was wobbly trying to walk.
to restarts

Depends on how he functions. After what we saw, I would think that they should postpone the rest of the match and allow both a good concussion protocol exam as well as time to recover.
These wrestle offs have been postponed for injury before.
He will probably come out because everyone, including Yanni, wants it to happen. Doesn't mean it should, but that is frequently what happens in high level and profesional sports due to outside pressures. It happens at lower levels of sport due to ignorance and lack of medical assets.
😂 Matches do not get "postponed". If you get a concussion it's called injury default.

Jesus Christ dude go back to the Cornell board or whatever. It's over man

Again, do concussion symptoms all just magically appear at the exact time of the concussion? Or, maybe, just maybe, hear me out here, because I'm not a doctor and just want to know, is it possible that symptoms get worse over time? Any doctors here? Or, anyone that slept in a Holiday Express last night?

Sometimes I wonder why people ever go to the doctor when you could just show a video on a message board and get diagnosed but countless medical experts.

Seriously, how in the hell can anybody who was watching that diagnose a concussion? I could be wrong but I feel like the trainer who has actually been trained to identify a concussion who was standing less than six inches from him and looked directly into his eyes is more qualified than message board posters.

Again, do concussion symptoms all just magically appear at the exact time of the concussion? Or, maybe, just maybe, hear me out here, because I'm not a doctor and just want to know, is it possible that symptoms get worse over time? Any doctors here? Or, anyone that slept in a Holiday Express last night?
I'm not a doctor but I know that every single time Nick Lee beats Yianni, a few clowns jump on here and tell us 287 reasons it happened that are totally different than Nick Lee is just better.

“Signs of a concussion may not appear for days or weeks after the injury“

Reactions: 1AA
I'm not a doctor but I know that every single time Nick Lee beats Yianni, a few clowns jump on here and tell us 287 reasons it happened that are totally different than Nick Lee is just better.
Did you watch the match?

Again...it is possible to say that Nick Lee is the better wrestler AND Yianni is likely concussed. I want Nick Lee to win, I think he is better and has owned Yianni......AND Yianni is concussed. It's ok man...It's ok.

Reactions: David Keller
Now go watch the 2nd period where he could barely get up after breaks in the action and was wobbly trying to walk.
to restarts
So Zahid was concussed against Brooks last summer? The dude was barely able to stand up late in that match. Was everybody that Zain faced in his junior or senior seasons concussed?

I'm not saying he is or he isn't btw, I'm just saying that it's also possible he gassed. He could also be under the weather or maybe he ate a bad piece of fruit.

Again...it is possible to say that Nick Lee is the better wrestler AND Yianni is likely concussed. I want Nick Lee to win, I think he is better and has owned Yianni......AND Yianni is concussed. It's ok man...It's ok.
Every time Nick beats him there is an excuse. Isn't it possible that Nick is better and fans of the sport are tired of excuses?

Well, I'm not one of those people, and I'm sorry that you're so sensitive that you wouldn't admit there was a problem, even if Yianni was Arthur.

So Zahid was concussed against Brooks last summer? The dude was barely able to stand up late in that match. Was everybody that Zain faced in his junior or senior seasons concussed?

I'm not saying he is or he isn't btw, I'm just saying that it's also possible he gassed. He could also be under the weather or maybe he ate a bad piece of fruit.
I have no idea about Zahid or any other past match you want to compare it too.

But I’ve posted many times that Nick Lee is my all-time favorite wrestler and I’ve posted many times about the crap that was the legal challenge and re-do of Yianni vs Zain.

I saw Yianni hit his head, look fine for maybe another minute, and then look like a guy that was very confused, wobbly and not okay at all.

I am a PSU grad and physician. The difficulty in evaluating concussions is that there is variability in onset and type of symptoms. The timing can be immediate or delayed.
I can't, obviously, make a definitive diagnosis by watching a video. I can, however, see enough warning signs to feel confident that a more comprehensive evaluation should have been done.
This is not an excuse for the outcome of the match, but a concern for the actual health of the athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT