ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Snyder

No, you just say stupid sh$t like this amongst other things. But hey, you won't be banned unlike your buds that constantly say everyone here gets banned. Enjoy...

I like Nato I would root for him, but for some reason the picture of Nickal getting his face smashed up makes me chuckle. It will happen I will laugh good stuff.
Yes do I have to like every Lion.

I heard the real reason Snyder is coming to NLWC is that he is tired of all the deadlifting. He wants to now focus on Olympic Lifting for his strength training and he has access to a gold medalist Olympic lifter at PSU to refine his technique in Tara Cunningham.

Great get for NLWC and should benefit Snyder too along with the wrestlers at NLWC and PSU. Definitely a kick in the balls for Tom Ryan, too lose Snyder to your arch rival (appearances mean a lot).

Reality is, sometimes you need different coaching to improve. You see this in many Olympic sports where the athlete is changing coaches every few years.
Overall Ryan is a good guy, the Ohio State wrestlers are generally fun to watch and have great sportsmanship. Ryan needs to do better with the negative pot shots. As many have already posted, much better look to wish somebody good luck or congratulate the other team/guy.

Yes do I have to like every Lion.
Also you just dont get it. I knew you would be reading it while you are over on HR trolling. Stay humble man. Act like you have been there is one of the best things a coach can teach. Am I getting through to ya.

I may have. Read my comments I may throw in A Carl now and then and I have thrown in a few trigger comments on HR in fun just because its annoying hearing from PSU fans over there when its all about “its what we do” I am a die hard wrestling fan and I do have the utmost respect for the PSU program heck I almost went to PSU to play ball.
Nolf is on my top ten favorite wrestlers all time along with only a few other non Hawkeyes.
Its hard to get through all the BS on these boards and it does get frustrating.
This topic is crossing lines its the US team and I will back anyone on the team even if its BO and thats hard to say for me. And before one of you states the obvious, yes I would like him if he was a Hawk but not as much as others.

Unnecessary. Be you. Be proud. Be tHR.

As I've been told by your brethren....dont expect us to forget.

Wow, you're in "good-boy" mode over here in this neck of the woods. Many of us have seen your posts on tHR over the years, and know what you're about. Nice to see that you have the ability to be civil though.
It a US Team member topic and I am all about our team!!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Wow, you're in "good-boy" mode over here in this neck of the woods. Many of us have seen your posts on tHR over the years, and know what you're about. Nice to see that you have the ability to be civil though.

Wait a second, is Grip the one with Flounder handle picture over on HR?????

You know the saying Grip....'Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son'

Wait a second, is Grip the one with Flounder handle picture over on HR?????

You know the saying Grip....'Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son'
Ha, yup. At least Grip recognizes a classic movie. I believe Flounder was a "legacy" brother.

Reactions: Ja1339
Still bitter about all the 1st period pins?
giphy.gif

Too much pettiness in the comments going around.

Can anyone empathize with Kyle and try to understand where he's coming from? His future success will be a combination of all his wrestling experiences, which now will include the Ohio State RTC AND more time at the NLWC. He's wanting to improve, not because Ohio State was a bad experience, but because it was a great experience. Adding to that with hopefully another great experience can and should help him be better. At some level there's a competition between all the RTC's, but this isn't it...it's as simple to me as a young man looking for a new set of eyes and new partners. I just don't see it as anything at all against their program or their fans. He should always be considered a Buckeye.

I can't imagine the enormity of this decision for him. He's one high-character dude, much more so than the detractors.

All the lame criticisms are narrow-minded, short-sighted, and mis-directed. Welcome Kyle and best wishes.

Well said. It's pretty amazing what Kyle has done in freestyle and folk. A credit to him AND the Ohio State RTC. But, wow, this is a huge boost for Anthony, Brooks, Seth Nevills, etc.

I may have. Read my comments I may throw in A Carl now and then and I have thrown in a few trigger comments on HR in fun just because its annoying hearing from PSU fans over there when its all about “its what we do” I am a die hard wrestling fan and I do have the utmost respect for the PSU program heck I almost went to PSU to play ball.
Nolf is on my top ten favorite wrestlers all time along with only a few other non Hawkeyes.
Its hard to get through all the BS on these boards and it does get frustrating.
This topic is crossing lines its the US team and I will back anyone on the team even if its BO and thats hard to say for me. And before one of you states the obvious, yes I would like him if he was a Hawk but not as much as others.

I’m going to be honest with you, Grip ... you give off a co-ed intramural kickball vibe. I think you made a wise decision not traveling half-way across the country for that.

Reactions: rassling
Back to the topic at hand. I mentioned earlier that I knew some people who are real close to the Penn State program who would have known for sure if Snyder was coming. I didn't hear anything from them until after Snyder posted his tweet. Either everyone in the know was told to keep quiet about it until Snyder made the announcement, or it was a big surprise to everyone. The world championships were not too long ago, so I wonder when Snyder made his first overtures to Cael.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm in the Bahamas at the moment listening to DMB, whacked up (not driving roar), and reading hot takes while the wife readies for dinner on a floating thing.... that all said

I ate dinner last night with guys who were the boomer sooner mascot and the other a brutus mascot and the brutus guy was like wtf about kyle when I told him. Said he was one of the nicest guys he ever met in sports or in life.

This is BiGLY for the NLWC....for so many reasons.

While flo may not have a plan...Cael et al do

Ps - I moved near to good counsel school this summer and the "folks" there talk of him very very fondly

PSs - rum runners are poison.

Psss- kilc beer is less than p!ss

Pssss - #firsttripwithoutkidsin10years

PsV - @WildTurk you know the drill

Post of the Week

#eatitturk

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
HR folks think Kyle moving to NLWC moves Iowa to the clear number two in the wrestling hierarchy. I think not.
Just as assuredly as Hawkeye wrestlers wrestle for stall calls, HR faithful believe the Hawkeye program is entitled. Don't earn a championship, just annoint them a champion every preseason. Now with the season's beginning nearing and reality setting in that this year is already wait until next year, instead of enjoying a possible earned runner up finish they simply self annoint themselves their entitled second best position.

I’m going to be honest with you, Grip ... you give off a co-ed intramural kickball vibe. I think you made a wise decision not traveling half-way across the country for that.
First off Jack, you sound like a typical “fan of sports” you were not quite good enough to make a team so You joined a fraternity played intramural and painted your face for the football games. I was actually recruited by D1 colleges for 3 sports things did not turn out the way I wanted but Im doing ok thanks for asking. Oh and I did not live in Iowa I was a little over 4.5hrs away from State College.

First off Jack, you sound like a typical “fan of sports” you were not quite good enough to make a team so You joined a fraternity played intramural and painted your face for the football games. I was actually recruited by D1 colleges for 3 sports things did not turn out the way I wanted but Im doing ok thanks for asking. Oh and I did not live in Iowa I was a little over 4.5hrs away from State College.
grip is from VaBeach..???

Your posts, like everyone else's, are insight into your inner self, your values and attitudes. Over time, a person's character comes out loud and clear. Being recruited in D1 has nothing to do with it. Three sports has nothing to do with it. Being in the inner circle has nothing to do with it. You are what you write …

:eek:

This argument again. Should just make a sticky thread for the 3 sport Div 1 recruits we never heard of and the accused face painting fans that weren't good at any sports. They'll never get along.

Also: Homecoming King. Most Likely To Succeed. National Merit Scholar. Gave blood every two weeks. Westinghouse Science Fair winner. Helped old ladies cross the street. Battle of the Bands winner.
Also spoke at the United Nations as a teenager but was snubbed for the Nobel Peace Prize for some third world dude who did something trivial like ending a 20-year war.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT