ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Snyder

paying someone else who is arguably at the top-er of the same field only 70k IS shocking to me
one is an Olympic champion and one is not one is in the program one is not one is a poster child for USA wrestling one Has more work to do.

70 wouldn’t surprise me. 140 would a bit—I know NLWC has assets, but annual revenue isn’t much, right? I’m very uneducated on how RTCs sustain and operate really.

Sounds good, I will take Iowa winning the dual Meet for $50. I will take Iowa winning the Big Ten championship for $50. And I will take Iowa winning the national championship for $50 also. If we are both there we could throw in a steak dinner at the Bigs for whoever wins the dual.

Deal.
Slush fund money, has anyone seen this from the Ohio board? Can anyone verify? If this is actually the case, wow.
72616359_2095092577258349_1078050114284552192_n.png

Get that Monies Men.

I would love to know what Pico got on his introductory Bellator Deal, I would imagine at least 150k. I would assume money is a factor in Bo/Cassar looking to get into MMA.

Hopefully more and more money floods into wrestling so 140k doesn't seem like a lot.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
On FRL, Willie and Pyles both mentioned that they were surprised Snyder was so honest in saying that: he (Snyder) chose NLWC because he thought NLWC was the best way for him (Snyder) to get better. They expected that Snyder would hide behind his wife's medical school a little more, to spare Ohio State's feelings.

I am surprised that nobody on FRL mentioned what effect any hiding behind his wife would have had on the wife and especially on the NLWC. I mean, if you are coming to NLWC to get better, but you publicly play it off as if you were coming for the geographic location alone, then that would be very disrespectful to NLWC. And it would unfairly turn his wife into mini-Yoko Ono.

I am glad Snyder went with Truth, Justice, and the Captain America Way.

Last edited:
On FRL, Willie and Pyles both mentioned that they were surprised Snyder was so honest in saying that: he (Snyder) chose NLWC because he thought NLWC was the best way for him (Snyder) to get better. They expected that Snyder would hide behind his wife's medical school a little more, to spare Ohio State's feelings.

I am surprised that nobody on FRL mentioned what effect any hiding behind his wife would have had on the wife and especially on the NLWC. I mean, if you are coming to NLWC to get better, but you publicly play it off as if you were coming for the geographic location alone, then that would be very disrespectful to NLWC. And it would unfairly turn his wife into mini-Yoko Ono.

It’s not every day we see a Yoko Ono reference on here. Hats off to you

giphy.gif

I’d be completely shocked if the guy on the Ohio board actually talked to someone that said Snyder was being paid $140k. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the same guy just pulled a number out of his arse and claimed it to be true.

This^ if anything Kyle softened the blow as much as possible for the buckeyes. May have even mentioned his wife’s medical school too much. If you’re one of the best wrestlers in the world, and are looking to improve, you don’t pawn it off saying it’s simply geographics, or any rtc can push me where I need to be. It needs to be honest

Reactions: Dogwelder
If he wins it all after this move...boy oh boy. Would that finally stop all the absurd HR criticism that Cael can recruit but not coach?

If he wins it all after this move...boy oh boy. Would that finally stop all the absurd HR criticism that Cael can recruit but not coach?

I would guess probably not. If Cox beats him does that mean his regression is a sign that Cael can't coach? Or he made him hate wrestling? No and no.

Wondering about criticism coming from a place that relishes in the title of Cesspool may not be the healthiest of approaches

Reactions: Grip220
I’d be completely shocked if the guy on the Ohio board actually talked to someone that said Snyder was being paid $140k. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the same guy just pulled a number out of his arse and claimed it to be true.
that was the question I was trying to ask earlier. Just seems weird that someone would know and you guys wouldn't.

Serious question what perchentage of credit would you give Cael alone if he wins the gold in Tokyo.

That's a joke, right?

I mean 99% is on Snyder, right? Of the remaining 1%--tough to say. "feel" wise, I'd say Varner is tops, Taylor, Cael, Cassar also in the mix. Strategy-wise, we don't have a real data point here, but I think Casey won freestyle coach of the year for a reason last year. The margins at the top of this sport are razor thin. One tactical change could make 100% of the difference. Or maybe one position that feels familiar that used to be foreign.

That's a joke, right?

I mean 99% is on Snyder, right? Of the remaining 1%--tough to say. "feel" wise, I'd say Varner is tops, Taylor, Cael, Cassar also in the mix. Strategy-wise, we don't have a real data point here, but I think Casey won freestyle coach of the year for a reason last year. The margins at the top of this sport are razor thin. One tactical change could make 100% of the difference. Or maybe one position that feels familiar that used to be foreign.
This was exactly my point, that someone is actually trying to say if KS wins the gold it should then be acceptable to say (by Hawkeye fans) that Cael can actually coach. The whole narritive is utterly ridiculous

This was exactly my point, that someone is actually trying to say if KS wins the gold it should then be acceptable to say (by Hawkeye fans) that Cael can actually coach. The whole narritive is utterly ridiculous
And my point is, maybe Cael and co will provide exactly what is needed to bring him back to the top. The only percentage that matters, even if it is a mere 1%. End of the day, there’s really too many variables to have an informed discussion on the matter.

On the other hand, if he does win gold, the optics will be another discussion altogether.

Utterly ridiculous because the whole criticism was BEYOND ludicrous on HR's part. Simply stupidity at it's best.

There's another point that I think some of you are missing. Kyle Snyder is not only highly respected, he is also well liked. You can be sure that Cael, Casey and everyone else involved want to help him get better and achieve his goals. It's not all about what do we get out of this.

You don't really believe that do you? Snyder is the greatest wrestler of all time and what Cael did to Snyder to cause Snyder to stab the OSU program and Tom in the back like that was evil.

Reactions: danoftw
And finally part three what percentage to Cunningham.
0,0, and zero. Only the room knows. Only your board questions if Cael is a good coach which is laughable. No coach, who obviously knows more than fanboys on a free board, would ever question Cael's ability to coach.

Cenzo and Marinelli would be a good place for the Iowa folks to start analyzing coaching results. Similarly ranked coming out of HS, one has been in the finals three times, won two championships by hanging two losses on Imar (out of his three career losses). The other has finished 6th his freshman year and 7th his sophomore year.

They also might want to look at a guy named Wick ranked at 25 in the same class as Marineli by Flo. https://www.flowrestling.org/rankings/6031432-class-of-2016-big-board/15022-mark-hall-reigns-supreme

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT