ADVERTISEMENT

Zagreb Open

Masoumi is huge. He's bigger and appeared stronger, than Parris, plus he's quick for a guy that big. Masoumi was in control for the entire semi-final match & never really threatened by Parris.

Masoumi's stance reminded me of Brayden Davis. He keeps his arms/hands in a similar manner to Davis.
I haven't been able to watch today. Plan to go back and watch later this afternoon. What was the final score?

Here's a comment posted on the Iranian thread found on the Indiana wrestling forum.

Penn state vs Iran more like.
They know what they are doing there in Penn state!

As an aside, Persians know what they’re doing in the kitchen. Kubideh, Joojeh, etc. God, that’s good food. If I ever go to Iran - and I’m going to try to because of the amazing historical sites and their hospitality - I’m telling the border control dudes that my reason for visiting is to have real Persian food. I figure that will break the ice

Masoumi is a beast but I dont think he’ll have anything for Zare. Zare has finally hit his stride, he’ll be top dog for a while.
Agree 100%. Masoumi is a beast but Zare is the best heavyweight in the world. He seems to keep getting better as well. He teched Deng which he had never done before and Gwiz had absolutely nothing for him. Iran just might have 2 of the best 3 heavyweights in the world right now. Geno is still amazing but the mileage is piling up and he isn’t looking as good as he was a few years ago. Akgul is probably number 2 for me with Masoumi and Geno battling for 3

Reactions: mn78psu83
As an aside, Persians know what they’re doing in the kitchen. Kubideh, Joojeh, etc. God, that’s good food. If I ever go to Iran - and I’m going to try to because of the amazing historical sites and their hospitality - I’m telling the border control dudes that my reason for visiting is to have real Persian food. I figure that will break the ice
I’m not sure if Jordan is considered part of the Persian empire but the food I had there was absolutely incredible. Eating shawarma late at night from one of the many carts in Amman is something I will always remember fondly. So good

I’m not sure if Jordan is considered part of the Persian empire but the food I had there was absolutely incredible. Eating shawarma late at night from one of the many carts in Amman is something I will always remember fondly. So good
It’s not, but that whole area - Jordan is considered part of the Levant - is amazing re: food. I going to get Lebanese food right now. You could live on Lebanese appetizers alone

97kg Finals: Kyle Snyder USA vs. Amirali Azarpira IRI

Period 1:
Lots of pushing & holding, but not much action. Snyder with a couple of half shots.
Azarpira on the clock, no score
Point Snyder 1-0

Period 2:
Snyder in deep, gets the leg
Snyder TD 3-0
Azarpira TD 3-2
Azarpira pushout 3-3
Snyder Challenge
Challenge lost, Point Azarpira 4-3
Azarpira TD 6-3

Amirali Azarpira IRI DEC Kyle Snyder USA 6-3

Kyle Snyder takes Silver

Reactions: fronk71 and danoftw
no idea what john oliver was looking at on the challenge. the closer angle had his foot cut off (from what we saw) and the angle from across the mat looked clear that his foot was still in the circle.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Look, I’m not saying Snyder is washed, BUT.

(Mostly joking here but given the age of his peak, he’s likely on the downside of his career. Which is reasonable)

Reactions: fronk71
Masoumi is noticeably bigger than Zare but the power that Zare creates is off the charts. He is so strong and just a devastating handfighter. He has completely shut down Masoumi’s underhook

Masoumi is only 19 but Zare is just 22. These 2 should control the heavyweight division for awhile the way it’s looking

125kg Finals: Amir Zare IRI vs. Amirreza Masoumi IRI

1st period:
Not much action
Masoumi on the clock
Point Zare 1-0
Not much action at all

2nd period:
Zare pushout 2-0
Zare pushout 3-0
Masoumi injury or lunger, trainers rubbing his leg.
Zare TD 5-0

Zare wins Gold, just a little too much for Masoumi

Reactions: danoftw
Masoumi is noticeably bigger than Zare but the power that Zare creates is off the charts. He is so strong and just a devastating handfighter. He has completely shut down Masoumi’s underhook

Masoumi is only 19 but Zare is just 22. These 2 should control the heavyweight division for awhile the way it’s looking
Parris packed Zare a couple years ago at Jrs.

He couldnt carry his jock now.

Goes without saying, (and I'm not holding my breath) but it'd be great to:
  1. Get Mr. Steveson training freestyle every day, ideally in our room.
  2. See him match up with Zare.
I guess I'll just have to settle for Kerk's ascension.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Nate Jackson did look outstanding today even if it was at a weak 92kg. Has he said if he’s going up or down for the Olympic trials? With his height and frame I would expect 97kg. Plus with how Snyder is looking, 97kg is the easier weight to make the team. I love Snyder and still don’t see anyone beating him domestically but DT seems to be on a different level altogether

Nate Jackson did look outstanding today even if it was at a weak 92kg. Has he said if he’s going up or down for the Olympic trials? With his height and frame I would expect 97kg. Plus with how Snyder is looking, 97kg is the easier weight to make the team. I love Snyder and still don’t see anyone beating him domestically but DT seems to be on a different level altogether
Also, has he qualified for OTT?

I wish someone would pin a thread on guys who have qualified.

Lived on those during a 4 day port call on a Mediterranean deployment!

Reactions: zzs006
Reactions: creamery freak
Look, I’m not saying Snyder is washed, BUT.

(Mostly joking here but given the age of his peak, he’s likely on the downside of his career. Which is reasonable)
Dake is 32 and DT is 33. Snyder is only 28. I think it's more around how he wrestles and trains more than anything. Jake Herbert has talked about him having limited flexibility because of the bulk. I'll take my chances he figures it out. He seems like a great kid and wonderful to have around NLWC.

Dake is 32 and DT is 33. Snyder is only 28. I think it's more around how he wrestles and trains more than anything. Jake Herbert has talked about him having limited flexibility because of the bulk. I'll take my chances he figures it out. He seems like a great kid and wonderful to have around NLWC.

I thought Dake was reapproaching his teenage years.

Parris packed Zare a couple years ago at Jrs.

He couldnt carry his jock now.
He might not have been able to "carry his jock" 5 minutes after pinning him either. That was as flukey as it gets. Doubt Zare had ever felt a middle school fireman's dump at that size before.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Dance Speedo GIF
Is that George Conway??? I knew he was a freak!!!

He might not have been able to "carry his jock" 5 minutes after pinning him either. That was as flukey as it gets. Doubt Zare had ever felt a middle school fireman's dump at that size before.
Was thinking similar, except the "fluky" part. That was Parris' go-to move. Everyone domestically knew it was coming, and the top guys avoided it or at least stayed off their backs. Foreigners had no idea.

Zare won't be unaware again.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT