ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Snyder

If J'Den goes up in weight instead of down for the Olympics and happens to beat Snyder, I wonder if Snyder would continue to train at 97KG to win his spot back or if he'll decide to go up and try to grab the 125KG spot to make a long-term change? That would be interesting if he goes to NC State and then makes that decision as he'll be sharing a room with Gwiz

Maybe Snyder wants to come to the NLWC to get on the Cassar weight gain plan for moving up to 125KG?

If J'Den goes up in weight instead of down for the Olympics and happens to beat Snyder, I wonder if Snyder would continue to train at 97KG to win his spot back or if he'll decide to go up and try to grab the 125KG spot to make a long-term change? That would be interesting if he goes to NC State and then makes that decision as he'll be sharing a room with Gwiz
125 is one heck of a step up

First Logan Streibler retires early.
McKenna bolts to Penn RTC.
Now Kyle Snyder wants to leave ?

Maybe Tom Ryan is slow to learn that to keep elite grads in his room, he needs more than salt-water taffy from Aruba and free tanning bed 10x punch cards for the guys in his “program”.

#nothowwewouldhandleit
#eatitturk

I remember some people here getting all riled up at Morgan for not being more offensive against J Den in the finals.

I think it’s clear now, that it’s near impossible to be offensive against Cox. Dude’s amazing
As a fan, it's a shame we never got to see Morgan's senior freestyle career. IMO he was better at freestyle than folk, at least in HS.

Not saying he would've won a world team spot over Cox. Am wondering if he would've medaled at the major international tourneys that allow multiple entrants per country. Very few people have beaten Cox or Snyder, and he beat both.

First Logan Streibler retires early.
McKenna bolts to Penn RTC.
Now Kyle Snyder wants to leave ?

Maybe Tom Ryan is slow to learn that to keep elite grads in his room, he needs more than salt-water taffy from Aruba and free tanning bed 10x punch cards for the guys in his “program”.

#nothowwewouldhandleit
#eatitturk

Striebler didn’t retire ‘early’ - his body was done.

McKenna was looking for the best situation for him ($$$$)

Not sure if TanTom and crew did a good enough job luring elite partners for Kyle - they should have recruited a heavy when Tervel retired.

Snyder was making trips to State College to train while he was in-season at Ohio State throughout his college career. It only should be a slight surprise if he actually makes a move to SC full-time. But, it makes sense for the best training situation.

Striebler didn’t retire ‘early’ - his body was done.

McKenna was looking for the best situation for him ($$$$)

Not sure if TanTom and crew did a good enough job luring elite partners for Kyle - they should have recruited a heavy when Tervel retired.
McKenna was not looking for the best situation or money, he was accepted into the Wharton School of Business. That is the sole reason for his move.

Welp, there it is. I think it's the best move for him, especially if J'den moves up to challenge him. He clearly needs to get better at wrestling and not just lifting. He moves to the best room, with two additional gold medalists.

So does the NLWC have potentially 3 people in the 97kg bracket? Snyder, Bo, Cassar? Or does Bo go 86?

Crow ?

You scattershot more OPs on here than a OCD / ADD freak on a Mountain Dew kick.

You’ve even admitted to “posting while driving”. FFS.

My biggest beef is “Just heard” really means you read it elsewhere and never credit your source(s).

Crow ? Grow up.
——
EDIT: Getting “huge scoops” on a message board is obviously important to your self esteem. Enjoy it my friend !! lol.

I wish my life was that exciting. :eek:

<sarcasm>

Last edited:
Welcome Kyle Snyder!

Whilst packing for Happy Valley, kindly leave hell where you found it. Just kidding. Welcome, really. I imagine Kyle's presence will help Bo and DT [edit to add and Cassar!] in no small measure. Win win.

Last edited:
Cool for USA. Not sure it is good for college. Penn State is already beating the brakes off of number two.

Reactions: nitlion6
That's big news. I would think Cassar is going 125 kg for the run to Tokyo. That would leave Bo gunning for either Snyder or DT. Can this all co-exist without conflict? Burroughs said in his post World interview it'll be awkward with James Green and that "houses will be divided." We saw what happened with Ramos/Dennis. If anyone can make it work, I suppose Cael can.

Reactions: diggerpup
That's big news. I would think Cassar is going 125 kg for the run to Tokyo. That would leave Bo gunning for either Snyder or DT. Can this all co-exist without conflict? Burroughs said in his post World interview it'll be awkward with James Green and that "houses will be divided." We saw what happened with Ramos/Dennis. If anyone can make it work, I suppose Cael can.
I don't think it's much more different than the PSU room mentality. How many guys on the team could transfer and start just about anywhere. Instead they stick around and get better. And hope they get their shot at some point.

Hell, Shak as a 6th year senior might end up riding the bench for the post season if Cael decides to give Brooks a shot. Conel could find himself in the same boat. Doubt you'll hear any complaints from either one.

Kyle is not going to stop lifting weights, and he'll actually be closer to his strength training coach (Neil Serafinas).

But the combination of elite workout partners (Varner, Cael, Bo, Cassar, Gwiz when he comes up and DT when he comes back) and Cael's forward-thinking on how to become a better wrestler is going to make Snyder such a better wrestler.

I've been saying it for years, that Snyder at PSU would be phenomenal. Cael is going to extend his career, with his focus on rest (not suffering).

Makes sense for all parties (exept maybe aOSU)--Hard to imagine Bo making the leap to 97 in such a short time, but I know that was his stated intention. Someone will get "squeezed" I suppose--it's inevitable given the success the program has had. Green ain't touchin' JB

Reactions: tewlepz
It
I didn't realize Cassar was going to 125. That gives the NLWC quite a lineup in a non Olympic year

57 - ?
61 - ?
65 - Zain
70 - Berge
74 - Nolf
79 - Hall
86 - DT
92 - Bo
97 - Snyder
125 - Cassar
It all works. And it doesn’t include the international guys or Greco wrestlers. The reality is that UP is the epicenter of wrestling for training and high performance. The best come here to be the best. Snyder’s arrival is just further validation.

“That’s what we do!”

That's a great get for the NLWC. Of course some on HR are saying that Snyder made the move simply because his girlfriend is in Pa. That land of delusion is pure gold sometimes. Don't know why they would be butthurt, they DO have Sammy Brooks after all.

That's a great get for the NLWC. Of course some on HR are saying that Snyder made the move simply because his girlfriend is in Pa. That land of delusion is pure gold sometimes. Don't know why they would be butthurt, they DO have Sammy Brooks after all.

They do have 7 guys at the HWC. That's 7 guys total. Bound to give you a lot of inferiority complexes.

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/team/

McKenna was not looking for the best situation or money, he was accepted into the Wharton School of Business. That is the sole reason for his move.

In other words, he was looking at the money. Do an Internet search and check out what Wharton grads get offered right out of school!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT