ADVERTISEMENT

Zagreb Open

86 kilos? He's in for a train wreck at the trials.
He's swole!

Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

79kg- A.Kentchadze GEO TF E.Wick USA 10-0
92kg- N.Jackson USA TF B.Juhasz HUN 11-1
92kg- E.Schultz USA DEC M.Maisuradze GEO 7-1
97kg- A.Azarpira IRI TF M.Macchiavello USA 10-0
125kg- M.Parris USA TF V.Galayev AZE 15-4
125kg- N.Gwiazdowski USA DEC C.Lance USA 4-2

Last edited:
Round 3:
79kg- A.Sheikhazami IRI DEC J.Lavallee USA 9-6
92kg- N.Jackson USA WBF A.Margishvili GEO (~1:09)
92kg- E.Shultz USA DEC T.Lujan USA 12-4
97kg- A.Azarpira IRI DEC I.Trumble USA 8-7
125kg- M.Parris USA TF A.Dhesi CAN 11-0
125kg- A.Zare IRI TF N.Gwiazdowski USA 11-0

Last edited:
Semi-Final
92kg- A.Margishvili GEO DEC E.Shultz USA 2-2
92kg- N.Jackson USA TF M.Maisuradze GEO 10-0
125kg- A.Masoumi IRI DEC M.Parris USA 11-6

Repechage:
97kg- R.Baran POL DEC M.Macchiavello USA 5-0
97kg- I.Trumble USA DEC R.Baran POL 14-10
125kg- Z.Deng CHN DEC N.Gwiazdowski USA 7-4

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
I think that's it until the medal rounds at noon:

12:00 pm - 2:00 pm (EST):
Medal Rounds - Men's Freestyle: 79-92-97-125kg and Women's Freestyle 50-55kg

Reactions: Jayhouse
That most certainly was a cement job as Taylor stated. A cement mixer is when you roll, what mark hall does.

i think of mark's cement mixer as more of a roll from a parallel headlock position whereas nolf's move yesterday seemed more like he stepped out to the right and drove the underhook to take his man over. same head and arm positions but mark was more a drag and nolf more a push

edit: just watched mark again and i change my mind. mark's cement mixer was head in the right armpit with a lefty underhook, then spinning counterclockwise underneath his opponent and dragging him over to his back. nolf's is head in the left armpit with a righty underhook, stepping out to the right and forcing up on the underhook, counterclockwise to put his opponent to his back. i think nolf's was just a cow catcher.

but i'm not a world champion, so believe who you want.

Last edited:
Semi-Final
92kg- A.Margishvili GEO DEC E.Shultz USA 2-2
92kg- N.Jackson USA TF M.Maisuradze GEO 10-0
125kg- A.Masoumi IRI DEC M.Parris USA 11-6

Repechage:
97kg- R.Baran POL DEC M.Macchiavello USA 5-0
97kg- I.Trumble USA DEC R.Baran POL 14-10
125kg- Z.Deng CHN DEC N.Gwiazdowski USA 7-4
We get to see where Parris is on the world stage. Masoumi in the semis and very likely Zare in the Finals.

i think of mark's cement mixer as more of a roll from a parallel headlock position whereas nolf's move yesterday seemed more like he stepped out to the right and drove the underhook to take his man over. same head and arm positions but mark was more a drag and nolf more a push

edit: just watched mark again and i change my mind. mark's cement mixer was head in the right armpit with a lefty underhook, then spinning counterclockwise underneath his opponent and dragging him over to his back. nolf's is head in the left armpit with a righty underhook, stepping out to the right and forcing up on the underhook, counterclockwise to put his opponent to his back. i think nolf's was just a cow catcher.

but i'm not a world champion, so believe who you want.
Cow catcher, yep thats it. Couldnt think of it haha.

We get to see where Parris is on the world stage. Masoumi in the semis and very likely Zare in the Finals.
Masoumi is huge. He's bigger and appeared stronger, than Parris, plus he's quick for a guy that big. Masoumi was in control for the entire semi-final match & never really threatened by Parris.

Masoumi's stance reminded me of Brayden Davis. He keeps his arms/hands in a similar manner to Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT