ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Chlebove

psuwrestlingfan25

Jun 27, 2018
Anyone heard what’s happened to him? 2X PA state champ didn’t compete at all this year. Not in any of Flo’s rankings for awhile. Verbally committed to ASU real early but kinda disappeared.

Anyone heard what’s happened to him? 2X PA state champ didn’t compete at all this year. Not in any of Flo’s rankings for awhile. Verbally committed to ASU real early but kinda disappeared.

Got in some serious trouble, had to go to an alternative school as a result. Recently toured Bethlehem Catholic and it seems he has/had interest but it seems Becahi is not immediately accepting. Not to say it won't happen but there are preliminary reservations. From what I understand the offer from ASU was rescinded.

Got in some serious trouble, had to go to an alternative school as a result. Recently toured Bethlehem Catholic and it seems he has/had interest but it seems Becahi is not immediately accepting. Not to say it won't happen but there are preliminary reservations. From what I understand the offer from ASU was rescinded.
And Zeke Jones and his dad are close friends, right? Must have been a very serious offense.

He had numerous issues from the start of last fall.One of the incidents was, supposedly his parents took away driving privileges from him but he took the car anyway. They reported it stolen. When they found the car. he was driving and oddly enough, another top Lehigh Valley recruit was in the car with him. Parents reached out to few schools last year once it seemed Northampton had suspended him.Supposedly Nazareth Crowell said not now. Don't be surprised if he gets his legal trouble in order that he not at Nazareth.
Last year was a pretty crazy year for some Lehigh Valley wrestlers and coaches behind the scenes. Tommy Rohn's wife story could still become a larger story than it already is .Authorities are still investigating some of the details which could impact a couple of more people.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Intermat senior rankings have him at Northern Lehigh HS for his senior year.

Intermat senior rankings have him at Northern Lehigh HS for his senior year.
If this is true, wow, they had about 6 or 7 kids on their roster last year - AA school. 1 returner over .500 who didn't place at districts. They had a decent kid, but he graduated.

I'd guess either a lot of places shut the door, or they found a place that's letting Whitey call all the shots.

If this is true, wow, they had about 6 or 7 kids on their roster last year - AA school. 1 returner over .500 who didn't place at districts. They had a decent kid, but he graduated.

I'd guess either a lot of places shut the door, or they found a place that's letting Whitey call all the shots.

Not shocking, the districts (Northampton n Northern Lehigh)meet around Walnutport, just across the bridge from Slatington (Northern Lehigh SD). Although previously I was hearing Jim Thorpe , that school is about the same in numbers. This is just about Julian being on A mat, wherever he can

Last edited:
Reactions: dicemen99
Wrestestat has Julian as an Arizona State commit as of 6/29 (today).
FWIW. Wrestle Stat is Awesome, but even I can make changes.
Some a-hole changed Spencer Lee to Spencer Li.....WTF? I fixed it.

Wrestestat has Julian as an Arizona State commit as of 6/29 (today).
FWIW. Wrestle Stat is Awesome, but even I can make changes.
Some a-hole changed Spencer Lee to Spencer Li.....WTF? I fixed it.
Technically that's still accurate about Chlebove. He did commit to Arizona State and has yet to publicly decommit or commit elsewhere. Rumored that Zeke at least threatened to pull the plug, but coaches can't comment on recruits.

Tommy Rohn's wife story could still become a larger story than it already is .Authorities are still investigating some of the details which could impact a couple of more people.

Hmmm. That case was scheduled for trial right after Labor Day. But no news on it since the trial date was announced back in July. It looked pretty simple at that point - one long-running affair with one high school boy.

Hmmm. That case was scheduled for trial right after Labor Day. But no news on it since the trial date was announced back in July. It looked pretty simple at that point - one long-running affair with one high school boy.
A "good Christian woman" giving her all.

Reactions: 07mantle
Maybe the investigators are still trying to interview a wrestler currently attending a school in Nebraska.

Chlebove wrestled tonight for Northampton at 132.
Northampton smoked Nazareth tonight in the dual.

I was going to email Upson that he had them way too low in the rankings a week ago, but thought better of it because he does a good job.;) I'm sure the lineups will end up shaking out a little differently, but right now BECA would have their hands full in a dual with them.

Northampton - Beca should be a good match.
Chlebove got hurt in a open tournament about a month ago. Hyperextended his elbow. I heard he was going to be out until Christmas tournament.
Talking about teams being overlooked, Notre Dame Green Pond is going to have a real goodgtournament team. Barring injury, they will 3 or 4 studs that should score a lot points in tournaments. Not enough depth for tough Dual matches.

The kid probably should have been a 4 timer.
Screwed up last year with off the mat issue.
My one disappointment in recent years is Cael not recruiting and or landing in Lehigh Valley kids. I'm certain on a few theyrth could have been an character issue.
Sasso is going to be good and he wrestles with that go gear that Cael looks for. The same could be said about Chlebove and Labriola.
Just me being selfish

The kid probably should have been a 4 timer.
Screwed up last year with off the mat issue.
My one disappointment in recent years is Cael not recruiting and or landing in Lehigh Valley kids. I'm certain on a few theyrth could have been an character issue.
Sasso is going to be good and he wrestles with that go gear that Cael looks for. The same could be said about Chlebove and Labriola.
Just me being selfish

You’ll see today that the Cobra Labriola is a fine prospect, but he’s not Mark Hall or what Aaron Brooks will be. As for Chlebove and Sasso, Yes and Yes character was likely a Huge factor to not more actively pursue. I’d rather have Ryan Anderson, but he’ll be a Cyclone, High character kid

You’ll see today that the Cobra Labriola is a fine prospect, but he’s not Mark Hall or what Aaron Brooks will be. As for Chlebove and Sasso, Yes and Yes character was likely a Huge factor to not more actively pursue. I’d rather have Ryan Anderson, but he’ll be a Cyclone, High character kid
Yeah, I’m kind of meh about the “good” Chlebove news - he sounds like a shitbag

I'm fine staying away from kids with character issues no matter how good they are. A strong team culture and focus have much more to do with winning that most would believe and kids with character issues are bad influences and distractions.

Riciatto was fun to watch in high school. Before Nolf, he did the leg whip scissor in high school. Almost pinned a kid with it in State finals. I know the family, was told a funny recruiting story about his weekend recruiting trip to Penn State. Nothing bad about Cael and coaches but probably explains one of the reasons he didn't go to Penn State. Also I know for a fact Pitt offered more scholarship money.

Riciatto was fun to watch in high school. Before Nolf, he did the leg whip scissor in high school. Almost pinned a kid with it in State finals. I know the family, was told a funny recruiting story about his weekend recruiting trip to Penn State. Nothing bad about Cael and coaches but probably explains one of the reasons he didn't go to Penn State. Also I know for a fact Pitt offered more scholarship money.

I'm betting Cael and company probably recruited a lot of kids but offered them less money than other schools did. Every kid's family financial situation is different. Some can afford PSU on a minimal ship, others need all the financial aid they can get.

Same with Racciato's college teammate Wiercioch -- PSU did not offer him what Pitt did. His college results didn't match his HS results, and in 2 years he quit the team (and I think dropped out).

I'd love to hear the funny Racciato visit story.

There was another issue with Racciato coming to PSU (whether he considered it one or not) -- Zack Beitz owned him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT