ADVERTISEMENT

Why I like Mitchell vs. O'Toole

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
I see a lot of people who talk wrestling on youtube have them in the finals. All I've heard have picked Keegan. I haven't really heard one person mention the Penn State effect. Keegan and Mitchell know each other and have no doubt faced off before whether it counted or not. But only one of them has been working under the best staff in wrestling, with some of the best wrestles in the country to train with leading up to this tournament. Maybe Mtichell is a year early and will have to wait until next year, but I kind of get Bo Nickal vibes where I can see him knocking off a 2-time champ like Bo beat Gabe Dean. Whatever happens, it will likely be entertaining.

I see a lot of people who talk wrestling on youtube have them in the finals. All I've heard have picked Keegan. I haven't really heard one person mention the Penn State effect. Keegan and Mitchell know each other and have no doubt faced off before whether it counted or not. But only one of them has been working under the best staff in wrestling, with some of the best wrestles in the country to train with leading up to this tournament. Maybe Mtichell is a year early and will have to wait until next year, but I kind of get Bo Nickal vibes where I can see him knocking off a 2-time champ like Bo beat Gabe Dean. Whatever happens, it will likely be entertaining.
I think all the pressure is on Keegan MM can just go out and wrestle loose like he always does. I think MM wins

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Keegan losing.
I just hope MM makes it to finals to face him.
Maybe MM keeps it close and hits something later in match. I think we've seen that.🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Graff22
This is where the legend that is Mitchell (Taz) Mesenbrink really begins.

Our trophy case is full of 2 and 3 timers. Neither Aaron nor Carter have had a freshman season like Mitch has. We are witnessing a different animal.

The fact that O'Toole is such a legendary 'inbeatable' stud himself, is only one more element of destiny.

I can't argue with a line favoring O'Toole, that is the smart and justified play. Noone knows how deadly a killer is his first year, until it's over.

I could be way off, but I think MM beat Levi and picked his weight. I think this is MM’s VisionQuest.
blu-ray hope GIF by Warner Archive

Until MM loses his first, I’m favoring him against all opponents . . . KOT, bot, or not!
Someone has to pin this rabid wolverine or ride him long enough to negate the mosquito swarm of shots. The crazy long, giant spider Hamiti came closest to beating him. These next three days of the freshman’s first NCAA tourney may be the best chance in four years that anyone comes closer.

LOL. you're way off. Levi picked to stay 157. MM just doesn't care, and he doesn't like cutting weight at all, so he was good with going 165.

This is interesting because we have been led to believe since MM transferred in that he beats Levi and therefor will choose his weight and Levi would take the other. The rumors that Levi has a hard time making 157lbs sort of reinforced the idea that if Levi had his choice he would be 165lbs. I understand that you're sort of an insider for Iowa (the rumor is that you wrestled under Tom & Terry there) so I don't doubt that you have connections. It actually would make me feel better with Levi at 157lbs if he chose to be at 157lbs and I already feel great about him at that weight.

I think KOT is rightfully the favorite. However, if Peyton Hall can almost beat KOT, then Mitchell certainly can pull off the upset. Anything is possible.

Reactions: Psubiomed
BTW it's now become a forgone conclusion that MM meets OToole in the finals based upon Keegan's last two matches with Carr. It certainly looks like Keegan has passed him, but great wrestlers adjust. I still give it a 20% chance it's MM vs Carr in the finals which is interesting as well. MMs path is definitely the easier one.

I hope Keegan makes it because will will always then have the what if's to deal with. Two highschool/AWA team mates in the finals for all the marbles is just to juicy. Keegan is going up next year to face Barr. Rumor has it he is ducking MM in advance, once is exhausting, so once is enough.

LOL. you're way off. Levi picked to stay 157. MM just doesn't care, and he doesn't like cutting weight at all, so he was good with going 165.
Perhaps Mitchell's way of apologizing for throwing Levi into a table.

BTW it's now become a forgone conclusion that MM meets OToole in the finals based upon Keegan's last two matches with Carr. It certainly looks like Keegan has passed him, but great wrestlers adjust. I still give it a 20% chance it's MM vs Carr in the finals which is interesting as well. MMs path is definitely the easier one.

I hope Keegan makes it because will will always then have the what if's to deal with. Two highschool/AWA team mates in the finals for all the marbles is just to juicy. Keegan is going up next year to face Barr. Rumor has it he is ducking MM in advance, once is exhausting, so once is enough.
Both could lose before the finals. But if they get there it should be worth the price of admission.

Ramirez has a win over Carr. I'm not too worried about Ramirez, but, he's not pushover! I'm hoping Calliendo takes him out.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
I know this much, if KOT doesn't beat him, who will?
Carr is a senior,right?
KOT dodging him next year hahaha
Hamiti doubtful
Yet to see how Ramirez stacks up.
Surely Cael will prevent him from running the table SOMEHOW

I know this much, if KOT doesn't beat him, who will?
Carr is a senior,right?
KOT dodging him next year hahaha
Hamiti doubtful
Yet to see how Ramirez stacks up.
Surely Cael will prevent him from running the table SOMEHOW
I know its way too early, but, this though did run through my head. IF Mitchell runs the table, I like his chances to match Cael. However, I REALLY thought David Taylor was going to do it, before Bubba hit that cradle.

Until MM loses his first, I’m favoring him against all opponents . . . KOT, bot, or not!
Someone has to pin this rabid wolverine or ride him long enough to negate the mosquito swarm of shots. The crazy long, giant spider Hamiti came closest to beating him. These next three days of the freshman’s first NCAA tourney may be the best chance in four years that anyone comes closer.
This reminds me. I have to get outside and spray the perimeter of my house soon.

The whole match will be decided after the end of the second period: If Mitchell is down by 2 or less, he wins.
Agreed. How much gas does KOT have in his tank? Everyone thought Hamiti could go 3 periods with Mitch and we saw what happened.

Reactions: Psubiomed
Would somebody who is good with computers please order up an AI-generated video of a wolverine with rabies and a mosquito swarm attacking a giant spider? Thank you.
I may've overcooked that post with all the insects and wildlife. I'm getting punchy now that first whistle is less than 24 hours away.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
This is interesting because we have been led to believe since MM transferred in that he beats Levi and therefor will choose his weight and Levi would take the other. The rumors that Levi has a hard time making 157lbs sort of reinforced the idea that if Levi had his choice he would be 165lbs. I understand that you're sort of an insider for Iowa (the rumor is that you wrestled under Tom & Terry there) so I don't doubt that you have connections. It actually would make me feel better with Levi at 157lbs if he chose to be at 157lbs and I already feel great about him at that weight.
He's gonna go 165 next year. The cut is pretty hard for him. He wanted to win 157 and make a decision after. But its pretty much decided.

I think he's going to be a bonus point machine at 165.

He's gonna go 165 next year. The cut is pretty hard for him. He wanted to win 157 and make a decision after. But its pretty much decided.

I think he's going to be a bonus point machine at 165.
MM to 157 or does he redshirt?

MM to 157.

vhsalum, I can’t keep track of which posters here have actual credible inside info, versus the 99% who engage in pure speculation 83% of the time and just make stuff up the other 17% of the time. Can you remind me of your credentials to state these things about Levi and MM so authoritatively?

Sincere question. Not trying to be snarky, dubious, or pick a fight.

Reactions: vhsalum
MM to 157.
MM will be a prohibitive favorite at 157. Shapiro may be his only challenge. With Haines moving to 165 (assuming it's true) & five of the top ten 157s being seniors, the weight class really opens up. (I used InterMat's rankings.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT