ADVERTISEMENT

How will Penn St fare vs Michigan & Ohio St this year?

Thinking Bucks will be down a little. Michigan is the favorite to 3 peat for the Big Ten Championship

Franklin can’t go 0-2 vs The Big 2 of the conference. His seat will get hot
Does michigan have a team?

Go look at the strength of schedule in 2006 compared the murderers row of mediocre opponents we have played as of late. 06 was the hardest schedule we have played since 94 when we played the hardest schedule any undefeated team has ever played.
We played 6 ranked teams in 06, compared to 4 last year. The rest of our schedule was pure garbage. We also got blown out of three of our games in 06, or as you would say, uncompetitive. So...how was the 9-4 06 team so much better than last year? Do you want to break down every year from 2002-2011 and 2014-2013?

We played 6 ranked teams in 06, compared to 4 last year. The rest of our schedule was pure garbage. We also got blown out of three of our games in 06, or as you would say, uncompetitive. So...how was the 9-4 06 team so much better than last year? Do you want to break down every year from 2002-2011 and 2014-2013?
Reading comprehension is not a strength of the Blue White Illustrated crowd.

Reading comprehension is not a strength of the Blue White Illustrated crowd.
Avoiding direct questions which impugn your credibility and cal into question your football IQ is a strength of yours. Congratulations big guy.

How are we creating 4 ranked teams last year?

UM OL wins the Moorhead trophy but Ole Ted wins the giving head trophy every year
What’s funny is that I believe the actual name of the trophy is the Joe Moore trophy, named after the great o-line coach for Pitt, so he got that wrong.

How sad must one’s life be to come to another school’s board and continually make predictions and statements, most of which never will happen or are untrue?

Reactions: bison13
Avoiding direct questions which impugn your credibility and cal into question your football IQ is a strength of yours. Congratulations big guy.
Ignoring what was actually said in order to attack by way of a question is pretty sad. Calling me out for ignoring a typical troll tactic is even sadder.

agreed, but, it still takes 10 and 11 win seasons to get there. people act like Paterno was doing this on a regular basis and it isn't true. he was cranking out 8-9 win regular seasons and collecting a paycheck. this is most of the final 15 years under joe
And your reason for mentioning Joe picking up a paycheck? I don't remember him lobbying for or demanding raises like coaches today. Few like him. You may criticize JoePa for a lot of things, but never his pay!

And your reason for mentioning Joe picking up a paycheck? I don't remember him lobbying for or demanding raises like coaches today. Few like him. You may criticize JoePa for a lot of things, but never his pay!
i mean the fact that he was still there. collecting a paycheck meaning he was just kind of mailing it in for the better part of 15 years. just walking around on the sidelines yelling at mcqueary... pretty sure Bradley, Vanderlinden and Johnson were the ones actually running the team

i mean the fact that he was still there. collecting a paycheck meaning he was just kind of mailing it in for the better part of 15 years. just walking around on the sidelines yelling at mcqueary... pretty sure Bradley, Vanderlinden and Johnson were the ones actually running the team
I think that was more about ego and refusing to accept he could no longer do the job than money. Plus keeping Jay employed.

I think that was more about ego and refusing to accept he could no longer do the job than money. Plus keeping Jay employed.
i agree it wasn't about money, but he was basically retired in place and getting paid. collecting a paycheck is just a description of what he was doing. he wasn't really doing anything

You don't have a clue as to how the team was run during Joe's later years. The dark years were very much a power struggle between Joe and the BoT/Fran Ganter, who thought he was entitled to the head coaching position. There was a reason he was chosen to deliver the message. But, make no mistake, Joe ran the team at the end of his tenure.

Jay was a much, much better QB coach than Rahne, and a much better OC as well. That is not to say he was great. He wasn't. But, Jay was better than Franklin's boys.

It was about keeping Joe from retiring and being bored. He said it himself that he was afraid of what happened to Bear Bryant where he retired and then died shortly thereafter. So Joe held the program hostage to keep himself busy. He certainly earned the right to do that, I just wish he wouldn’t have been that selfish.

It was about keeping Joe from retiring and being bored. He said it himself that he was afraid of what happened to Bear Bryant where he retired and then died shortly thereafter. So Joe held the program hostage to keep himself busy. He certainly earned the right to do that, I just wish he wouldn’t have been that selfish.
Not true. Not even close.

No--no one earns that right but that's merely my opinion. I don't disagree it had something to do with Bear and how he passed soon after retiring but there were a lot of factors that were all selfish.

Exactly true. When asked if he was going to retire, Joe would say “What else am I going to do?”…..so in his own words, he proved what I said is true, but nice try.
You don't think that response may have been "tongue in cheek"?

You don't think that response may have been "tongue in cheek"?
No because he often said he didn’t have hobbies or other interests out side of coaching. He wanted to stay busy, he didn’t want to end up like Bear Bryant, so all he had to do was keep coaching. It’s really no different Han athletes that hang on too long for selfish reasons.

Ignoring what was actually said in order to attack by way of a question is pretty sad. Calling me out for ignoring a typical troll tactic is even sadder.
Why are you avoiding responding to post#79? It‘s called Checkmate!

Can't blame them
Yet,, so many people get on my case for any comments regarding the many times PSU has been robbed! If I'm supposed to accept the argument "it all evens out," then they should accept the very same arguments they mete out!

My thoughts on this....
Then admin should do whatever is necessary to move Joe out.....but handle things in a class manner. No allowing him to be railroaded, mistreated, etc. Treat him the same way he treated the University! And that includes ........
NO WALKING PAPERS in a PIZZA delivery.

Why are you avoiding responding to post#79? It‘s called Checkmate!
Hardly. I am not responding because it is a non-question. The author willfully misinterpreted what I said and challenged based on said misinterpretation. The comment is nonsensical garbage. There is actually nothing to so respond to. Kind of like yours.

Real talk. I couldn’t care less about a loss to TCU.

Dominating Ohio St & Penn St for 2 years while taking down the Big Ten title is what I’m proud of.

Make no mistake. The road in the Big Ten goes through Ann Arbor.
LMAO. The road through the Big goes through Columbus. Always has always will.

My thoughts on this....

Then admin should do whatever is necessary to move Joe out.....but handle things in a class manner. No allowing him to be railroaded, mistreated, etc. Treat him the same way he treated the University! And that includes ........
NO WALKING PAPERS in a PIZZA delivery.
agree of course. they should've handled it much better. hindsight is 20/20 but, at the time, they really had no reason to extend his contract past 2004. At a minimum they should have been working on an exit a few years after that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT