ADVERTISEMENT

Give me your prediction: PSU-Iowa

What led you to this conclusion?
Statistically they suck.
I think this will be very similar to what we saw in Madison. Neither team gets to 20, and very close game. I assume turnovers will be low on both teams. Total O/U at 38 with 1-2 spread. Bet the combined yardage for both teams around 600 yds. Lots of punts and FG's key. A score like 14-10 seems quite possible. Iowa gets some edge for home field, but this game is very close.

I know the IU game ended less than 12 hours ago but it’s time to move on to one of the biggest games of the year.

Listened to some of the PSU media talking about Iowa and PSU and they seem to think low scorIng game with PSU having a bit of an edge.

PSU-17
Iowa-13

i say the defense either score or sets up a short scoring drive vs The Hawks
MR_T_PAIN.0.png

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
Petras throws 2 pick sixes because he's got zero arm strength. Iowa implodes because they can't score if they aren't handed 5 turnovers. 34-13 good guys.

Our secondary has yet to see a really good QB/WR combo that can go vertical whenever it wants. I don’t think Iowa has that, so we can keep the score close. We absorbed Wisconsin and Auburn’s run game, we can do the same to Iowa.

Forget balance and the PSU run game, Iowa can’t cover Dotson and the TEs all game. It’s Clifford’s decision making and whether the online can give him time. Rushed Sean looks like 2020 Sean, which is bad.

I think we already beat this team, they were just wearing Auburn uniforms. I’ll spot 7 points for Iowa playing at home: PSU 28 Iowa 27.

Auburn has so many more athletes. If we dont have turnovers its not even close. Watching Iowa they look real
slow and their quarterback has a very weak arm I see a few picks and the game gets ugly. 31-13.

Iowa has turned the ball over more than we have this season…
Iowa leads the nation in turnover margin this year (2.4 per game), twice that of PSU (1.2).

In fact, for a five year sample (since 2017), Iowa has the most defensive interceptions of any FBS school: 76....and counting. That averages to almost 17 INTs per season. It's not a fluke - it's coaching and scheme.

Peace.

Iowa - 28
Penn State - 20

Seems high to take Over in this one. Also, Iowa usually is known for FGs against Penn State.

Both teams have beat Indiana at home. Really enjoyed the opener at Kinnick.

QB Spencer Petras is playing better. He is gaining confidence vertically.

Same throw, now two different receivers.

Iowa leads the nation in turnover margin this year (2.4 per game), twice that of PSU (1.2).

In fact, for a five year sample (since 2017), Iowa has the most defensive interceptions of any FBS school: 76....and counting. That averages to almost 17 INTs per season. It's not a fluke - it's coaching and scheme.

Peace.

Reading comprehension lacking in the cornfields?

I wasn’t talking about turnover margin. I was talking about turnovers and replying to a post saying Iowa doesn’t make mistakes. Iowa has turned the ball over more than PSU this season (1 int and 3 fumbles lost vs 3 ints and no fumbles lost). 4 turnovers > 3 turnovers last I checked.

Both teams also have the same number of penalties (26) on the season. So if Iowa doesn’t make mistakes, neither does Penn State.

What led you to this conclusion?
Statistically they suck.
Statistics:

In 2021, Iowa averages 33 point per game. Penn State averages 30 points per game.

Iowa just won a Friday night B1G road game 51-14 and scored on 9 straight possessions. That win was Iowa's 11th straight victory.

Peace.

Just curious, but has a single Iowa fan predicted a loss yet?

I'm pretty sure I've read none, unless I didn't recognize the name.

Statistics:

In 2021, Iowa averages 33 point per game. Penn State averages 30 points per game.

Iowa just won a Friday night B1G road game 51-14 and scored on 9 straight possessions. That win was Iowa's 11th straight victory.

Peace.

You realize beating Maryland in college park by a large margin isn’t impressive? We’ve beaten them by 59, 63 and 63 our last three visits to college park. It’s what Maryland does. You also scored 24 against a team that got blown out by an fcs school.

Reading comprehension lacking in the cornfields?

I wasn’t talking about turnover margin. I was talking about turnovers and replying to a post saying Iowa doesn’t make mistakes. Iowa has turned the ball over more than PSU this season (1 int and 3 fumbles lost vs 3 ints and no fumbles lost). 4 turnovers > 3 turnovers last I checked.

Both teams also have the same number of penalties (26) on the season. So if Iowa doesn’t make mistakes, neither does Penn State.
No. Not at all.

Your math is correct. Iowa has 33% more turnovers than Penn State this season.

My math is correct as well. Iowa has a turnover margin that is 100% greater than Penn State's in 2021. And those turnovers for Iowa have led to 84 points.

Iowa just forces twice as many NET mistakes as Penn State does, and capitalizes on them.

That's the math.

No. Not at all.

Your math is correct. Iowa has 33% more turnovers than Penn State this season.

My math is correct as well. Iowa has a turnover margin that is 100% greater than Penn State's in 2021. And those turnovers for Iowa have led to 84 points.

Iowa just forces twice as many NET mistakes as Penn State does, and capitalizes on them.

That's the math.

Again you missed the point. But while we’re discussing numbers unrelated to what I was originally responding to; What’s James Franklin’s record in Kinnick?

You realize beating Maryland in college park by a large margin isn’t impressive? We’ve beaten them by 59, 63 and 63 our last three visits to college park. It’s what Maryland does. You also scored 24 against a team that got blown out by an fcs school.
I realize that.

Very impressive.

I also realize that Maryland beat you 35-19 last year in Happy Valley.

It's what Maryland does.

Peace.

My prediction is that nothing that is posted here, nor any statistical analysis of each squads first 5 games....will have anything to do with the actual results of the game.

I realize that.

Very impressive.

I also realize that Maryland beat you 35-19 last year in Happy Valley.

It's what Maryland does.

Peace.

Seeing as it’s only happened twice in the last hundred years it’s not really what they do. Just like Iowa has only beaten James Franklin once. Outliers happen.

a five year sample (since 2017), Iowa has the most defensive interceptions of any FBS school: 76....and counting. That averages to almost 17 INTs per season. It's not a fluke - it's coaching and scheme.

The past.

That win was Iowa's 11th straight victory

Wins from last...the past.

Maryland beat you 35-19 last year in Happy Valley.

A game from last year? The past.

He's 0-1 vs. Iowa this decade. Quit living in the past. ;)

Last year is the past. 😘

Statistics:

Peace.

Statistics... We Have Moar Canadiens on The team= we win, next question

Low scoring defensive battle. PSU 20-17. Iowa may be even worse at running the ball than PSU. Clifford has to protect the ball.

So many Iowa fans coming on this board looking for affirmation that their team is really good. Pretty pathetic. Okay Iowa fans, look in the mirror and repeat after me, “We’re good enough, we’re smart enough, and doggone it, people like us.” There, do you feel better about your team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT