ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark

AWS1022

Nov 12, 2011
I haven’t watched much of Caitlin Clark, so I watched the game last night. She is pretty unbelievable. Ended up with 38 points, 12 assists, and 6 rebounds. Definitely a generational talent. A couple of things I noticed in general…women players shoot threes better than they shoot layups…and they travel a lot. PSU women play Iowa next….I guess the goal is to keep Clark under 40.

Reactions: aworsnup
I haven’t watched much of Caitlin Clark, so I watched the game last night. She is pretty unbelievable. Ended up with 38 points, 12 assists, and 6 rebounds. Definitely a generational talent. A couple of things I noticed in general…women players shoot threes better than they shoot layups…and they travel a lot. PSU women play Iowa next….I guess the goal is to keep Clark under 40.
I watched the game last night. I didn't realize how good of a passer she is. Like other say, she is a short female version of Larry Bird.

I watched the game last night. I didn't realize how good of a passer she is. Like other say, she is a short female version of Larry Bird.
That’s the name that came to mind as I was watching her too. She has incredible vision and sees the floor better than everyone else. And she can flat out shoot the deep ball. Missed a bunch of layups, so she easily could have had 50+.

Agreed. She is incredibly talented. The womens game is much more pure than the men’s game. The men’s game is so much more about pure athleticism.

I had the Sparty/Terps game on at the gym last night for background noise. They were hyping the game up big. First time Caitlin Cam and all that jazz. Glad she delivered.

She still has another year of eligibility with the COVID year, and while people will throw out that star football players would pass up NFL $ for NIL, she’s one where I really wonder if the NIL money could be better than WNBA money.

She still has another year of eligibility with the COVID year, and while people will throw out that star football players would pass up NFL $ for NIL, she’s one where I really wonder if the NIL money could be better than WNBA money.
Yeah. It’s interesting. The highest paid WNBA players make around $250k per year. She will probably get a lot of money associated with the Olympics.

One thing to keep in mind when watching NCAAW. The ball is smaller and the rims are the same diameter versus men't BB. No wonder the women shoot better from behind the arc and at the line. My view is that it makes women's games higher scoring that they would be with either a regulation ball or rims with the same clearance that the men's setup has. I'm not degrading the gals as they are very talented in their own right.

Clark is amazing to watch. The pride of the state of Iowa. Hope coach K can find another PA gem to replace Marisa and add to the past great PSU women's BB players.

One thing to keep in mind when watching NCAAW. The ball is smaller and the rims are the same diameter versus men't BB. No wonder the women shoot better from behind the arc and at the line. My view is that it makes women's games higher scoring that they would be with either a regulation ball or rims with the same clearance that the men's setup has. I'm not degrading the gals as they are very talented in their own right.

Clark is amazing to watch. The pride of the state of Iowa. Hope coach K can find another PA gem to replace Marisa and add to the past great PSU women's BB players.
Right. You have to take it for what it is worth and enjoy it. Only recently has a woman dunked a ball (and with smaller balls). However, Caitlin is 6’ and 155 lbs. a good male high school player would easily beat her

Last edited:
Reactions: LeatherHelmets
And she wouldn’t get the kind of crowd or TV audience she had last night in a WNBA game.

Reactions: johnmpsu and Ski

She shoot's a lot, her averages are not outstanding, she passes well.

She shoots over 40% from 3 and close to 50% from the floor. Average 26 points and 18 FGAs a game. That's amazing for a high volume shooter. She is an elite passer as well. What's your criticism here?

She shot 41% from three yesterday from very long distance with someone in her face almost every shot….as a coach I would take that all day. And she probably doesn’t shoot enough…she should have had at least 5 or 6 more assists, but her inside players can’t shoot well at all. I’d rather have her shooting threes than some of her teammates shooting layups.

She shoots over 40% from 3 and close to 50% from the floor. Average 26 points and 18 FGAs a game. That's amazing for a high volume shooter. She is an elite passer as well. What's your criticism here?

She shoots more than anyone in the league. She shoots more 3s....by far. She's shoots more 3s than any women's player ever. She's the quintessential ball hog. Her 3pt % is solid, but she isn't in the top 15. Her fg% is average. Her shooting % certainly doesn't justify the number of shots she takes. She's 22...she needs to move on.

She shoots more than anyone in the league. She shoots more 3s....by far. She's shoots more 3s than any women's player ever. She's the quintessential ball hog. Her 3pt % is solid, but she isn't in the top 15. Her fg% is average. Her shooting % certainly doesn't justify the number of shots she takes. She's 22...she needs to move on.

Oooo...kkkkaayyyy.

Why wouldn't the best shooter shoot more? Look at the range she launches 3 point attempts. High volume shooters are going to take more contested shots. None of what you're saying make sense. Who says she doesn't plan on moving on?

She’d be the number 1 pick in the draft…scouts must be missing what you’re seeing.

Wasn't Pickett almost 25 when the Steelers drafted him?

Lots of college football players play until their 23 or 24. Some don't get started until they are 20 when they go to a prep school for a year out of high school.

I hope Clark comes back to Iowa and sets all kinds of records. She seems good for B10 and women's basketball, and brought some life to the state of Iowa as well.

Oooo...kkkkaayyyy.
Yep typical dumb take from Paoli. Anybody who watches the game and knows it can tell you that she takes many shots late in the shot clock and takes quite a few of her threes from beyond 25 feet. Even so she still is shooting 48% from the field and 40% from three-point range which puts her in the top 50 in the country with some of those people not actually having enough makes or attempts to qualify for the leaders.

Last night against Maryland in the third quarter some of her teammates passed up open shots earlier in the shot clock before getting her the ball with under 10 seconds, left and forcing her to create. She’s an exceptional passer, and would probably average double figures in assists if her team could make enough layups.

Why wouldn't the best shooter shoot more? Look at the range she launches 3 point attempts. High volume shooters are going to take more contested shots. None of what you're saying make sense. Who says she doesn't plan on moving on?

It's like I kicked your dog or something. You don't need to get so offended.

I wonder what happens to Iowa women's hoops once she moves on. Is it all her?

Caitlin Clark: The Cooper DeJean of Iowa WBB. Both great players. Both are some of the biggest crybabies when things don't go their way.

Who taunts The University of Northern Iowa?

Once she’s gone all they’ll have left is booing injured football players and cheering for their punter.
On the bright side they'll(fans) have time to read the rulebooks.

((Sees image of Cooper DeJean Returning a punt like Lamar (Revenge of the Nerds) throwing the javelin.

Wasn't Pickett almost 25 when the Steelers drafted him?

Lots of college football players play until their 23 or 24. Some don't get started until they are 20 when they go to a prep school for a year out of high school.

I hope Clark comes back to Iowa and sets all kinds of records. She seems good for B10 and women's basketball, and brought some life to the state of Iowa as well.
Yes but Monster truck shows would as well. Makes living in Minneapolis seem okay.

They've always got women's wrestling to fall back on. We don't have a team yet.

Cheers to women's wrestling.

ILEA000595583

The hits are coming for her. I read an article yesterday that she's being accused of being racist for being white and overshadowing black players, and also being homophobic and anti-trans for not being a lesbian.

Don't confuse him with facts - seems to be a weird choice for someone to hate on especially with no real facts to back it up.

Once she’s gone all they’ll have left is booing injured football players and cheering for their punter.
Don't forget hollering "stalling" while their sumo wrestling team pushes their opponents off the mat without shooting.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT