ADVERTISEMENT

For those that attended the game - Auburn fan feedback?

Was at the 48-14 game. Rode the game charter bus from South Hills with a bunch of Pitt fans. It's pretty bad when an 80 year old fan is cussing us out for riding a public bus that he felt should have only included Pitt fans. They were and still are pretty obnoxious.
back in 87 (i think) went to Pitt game at Pitt. Me and a few of my buddies were catching shit from an old old timer, super harsh. Finally my buddy turns around and yells in his face "shut the f*ck up old man, your life is almost over". Guy had no response.

They should have gone old school on them......

macedfan.jpg

Reactions: BobPSU92
We talked with several Auburn people. At gameday we talked with several Auburn students. They could not have been nicer. At the creamery, we were with Auburn fans. They were great and joked around and were non adversarial. Then, at the games I sat right next to four Auburn alumni. We talked all game and had a great time. Afterwards, we shook hands and they invited us to come to Auburn next year. If you take the time to be pleasant and respectful, people respond positively to that. But, if someone acts like a jerk, how do you think they will respond?

That is something James Carville came up with. It never made any sense and somehow manages to insult two unrelated states at the same time. And he made a living in politics... somehow

if the point is that the rural parts are different than the urban parts, that is true in every state in America. But there are other urban parts.
Carville ran Democratic campaigns during the 80's in Pennsylvania. I heard him make that statement sometime in the 90's and it was in response to someone asking him how Pennsylvania could vote Republican in Presidential and Senate elections. His answer was a commentary on politics within the state; Democratic strongholds like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh were out numbered by "Alabama."

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Carville ran Democratic campaigns during the 80's in Pennsylvania. I heard him make that statement sometime in the 90's and it was in response to someone asking him how Pennsylvania could vote Republican in Presidential and Senate elections. His answer was a commentary on politics within the state; Democratic strongholds like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh were out numbered by "Alabama."
Actually the quote was, Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh on one and Philadelphia on the other and Alabama in the middle.

I actually knew Carville in the 80's. We lived in Richmond, Va and he was dating a woman we were friends with. I knew he was working on the Dem governor candidate's campaign in PA at the time. He wasn't well known. He and Joan stopped seeing each other at some point. My wife and I were watch CNN a year or so later and there he was. LOL. Had no idea at the time.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Actually the quote was, Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh on one and Philadelphia on the other and Alabama in the middle.

I actually knew Carville in the 80's. We lived in Richmond, Va and he was dating a woman we were friends with. I knew he was working on the Dem governor candidate's campaign in PA at the time. He wasn't well known. He and Joan stopped seeing each other at some point. My wife and I were watch CNN a year or so later and there he was. LOL. Had no idea at the time.

Yes, that is the way I remember it.

Our interactions with the Auburn fans were great. Invited several passing by our tailgate to join in the fun at our tailgate, which they did. Auburn fans included the family of the Tigers starting center, Nick Brahms. Super nice parents and family.

Yes, that is the way I remember it.
From what I can tell, he actually said, "Between Paoli and Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is Alabama without the blacks. They didn’t film The Deer Hunter there for nothing—the state has the second-highest concentration of NRA members, behind Texas."

From what I can tell, he actually said, "Between Paoli and Penn Hills, Pennsylvania is Alabama without the blacks. They didn’t film The Deer Hunter there for nothing—the state has the second-highest concentration of NRA members, behind Texas."
Except Deer Hunter not filmed in PA, at least not the hunting scenes. But he's absolutely right about the vast majority of the area in the middle of the state. The only places not predominantly Blue are the pockets where there are colleges like State College, York, Allentown, etc.

Except Deer Hunter not filmed in PA, at least not the hunting scenes. But he's absolutely right about the vast majority of the area in the middle of the state. The only places not predominantly Blue are the pockets where there are colleges like State College, York, Allentown, etc.
Color blind?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT