ADVERTISEMENT

For those that attended the game - Auburn fan feedback?

thumb_auburn-fans-belike-waaaaaaaa-eagle-its-iron-bowl-week-51525840.png

I interacted with an older gentleman with his family walking into the stadium. There were 3 generations with him on the trip. His first visit to the Northeast. He said he would never come back because they were treated very poorly by a group of students.

He spoke kindly of Paterno and the history of our program, but he was obviously upset and talking about fighting with PSU visitors next year. I just walked away.

I interacted with an older gentleman with his family walking into the stadium. There were 3 generations with him on the trip. His first visit to the Northeast. He said he would never come back because they were treated very poorly by a group of students.

He spoke kindly of Paterno and the history of our program, but he was obviously upset and talking about fighting with PSU visitors next year. I just walked away.
That sucks. I saw some young adults yelling stupid shit at Auburn fans. It’s most likely the Philly infkuenxe in State College as this is behavior they were born into and raised on.

Students doing foolish student things. On our way out one kid was yelling “Roll Tide” at a trio of Auburn fans walking in front of us. The one guy just shook his head and said what does the Tide have to do with us. I spoke with them and asked if they had a good time and they said yes and look forward to us coming to their town next year.

Last edited:
Students doing foolish student things. On our way out one kid was yelling “Roll Tide” at a trio of Auburn fans walking in front of us. The one guy just shook his head and said what does the Tide have to do with us. I spoke with the. And asked if they had a good time and they said yes and look forward to us coming to their town next year.
I heard a few “we want Bama” chants. Thought that was weak.

I would think the Auburn students would do the same. They are young and drunk and feel that is the way to root for you team guess if your going to travel to the opponent’s field you have to expect that behavior

Reactions: step.eng69
You need thick skin to come into rival territory for a night game after a daylong tailgate… it comes with the territory.

That sucks. I saw some young adults yelling stupid shit at Auburn fans. It’s most likely the Philly infkuenxe in State College as this is behavior they were born into and raised on.
It would have to be because none of the Pittsburgh area kids could actually get into college. Or afford it.

You Inbred dipshit.

It would have to be because none of the Pittsburgh area kids could actually get into college. Or afford it.

You Inbred dipshit.
That might be the case, but surely doesn’t speak to the fact that Philly sports fans can be a bit more over the top than most. And if you think otherwise, then you are clueless. Philly fans take pride in their behavior.

I worked the game ,in a Law Enforcent capacity, and to be honest I saw college aged fans from both sides go beyond friendly banter. There was a group of 3 of us standing by gate B and a group of 5 or 6 Auburn fans, college age , walk by yelling pedo state and even took the time to yell it in our faces. I saw auburn fans walk through an older group of PSU fans with their middle fingers up saying f**k you. So the Auburn fan may have had bad experiences with our college kids but I saw enough at one area of their kids treating PSU fans poorly. Just my observation.

I sat right next to a nice older couple from Huntsville. They were great company during the game. We had some Auburn students cussing up a storm behind us. My 11 and 13 yr olds were with me and the Auburn gentleman scolded the students about cussing infront of kids. They calmed down for the most part.

That's just dumb. The last time we played at Pitt some of the fans were obnoxious. I guess that Pittsburgh influence is working its way into State College.

As for the Auburn fan offended by drunk students, he must not have spent much time on college campuses.

It not influx from anywhere. Drunk idiots live in all parts of PA and the country. Yes there were a few bad apples but most Auburn fans came away impressed and enjoyed the night.

That's just dumb. The last time we played at Pitt some of the fans were obnoxious. I guess that Pittsburgh influence is working its way into State College.

As for the Auburn fan offended by drunk students, he must not have spent much time on college campuses.
Yah, probably a lot of stupid Pittsburgh kids too. But Philly is a major metropolis and Pittsburgh is basically a large town now.

Auburn fans were kinda asking for it. They were all piled in and grouped around B and C where the Auburn bus unloaded. They congregated there for an hour while the tailgates poured into the gates. Lots of smack talk going both ways. Saw some butt hurt older Auburn fans but honestly what did they expect

just as likely they were from Scranton or Lock Haven

• Wow
Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
If you had interaction with Auburn fans during pre/post game, what were their impressions of tailgating, atmosphere inside the Beav, and treatment by PSU fans overall?
I interacted with a bunch and even tailgated with a few. All were wonderful and very affable - we gave some light-hearted ribbing, but all was in good fun.

All the Auburn fans that I talked with enjoyed their time here

That might be the case, but surely doesn’t speak to the fact that Philly sports fans can be a bit more over the top than most. And if you think otherwise, then you are clueless. Philly fans take pride in their behavior.
If they weren't throwing hands, they most likely weren't Philly kids. Either that or they weren't taught properly.

Oh no, being yelled at by drunk college students….I’m sure that never happens in the wonderful SEC.

Auburn fans were kinda asking for it. They were all piled in and grouped around B and C where the Auburn bus unloaded. They congregated there for an hour while the tailgates poured into the gates. Lots of smack talk going both ways. Saw some butt hurt older Auburn fans but honestly what did they expect
Yea when the Auburn team arrived and after the Auburn fans left Gate C it got pretty chippy!

I had an Auburn couple next to me. They were fine. Had a good time until the last five minutes of the game but that is to be expected. They invited me to their tailgate next year. I highly doubt I'll get down there. There was a Penn Stater heckling Auburn fans leaving the stadium after the game. Plenty of Penn Staters told him to shut up which they appreciated. Other than that, pretty standard for a night game.

I interacted with a bunch and even tailgated with a few. All were wonderful and very affable - we gave some light-hearted ribbing, but all was in good fun.

All the Auburn fans that I talked with enjoyed their time here
I talked to a few groups who said the same. Gave an Auburn player's parents a ride to their hotel at 1:30 a.m. when they couldn't get an Uber. Said they had a great time

Any Pedo State comments should immediately be met with a throat punch. You lose your right to civility when you make comments like that. In matters such as these, this is where our Philly contingency does come in handy.
Entering gate D around 6:45 there was nothing but continuous Pedo State and child rape commentary and chanting from the Auburn fans

I’ve been lucky enough to travel to quite a few road destinations over the years. The only places I’ve had issues were Ohio state and Pitt. Pitt was quite a bit worse though.
Was at the 48-14 game. Rode the game charter bus from South Hills with a bunch of Pitt fans. It's pretty bad when an 80 year old fan is cussing us out for riding a public bus that he felt should have only included Pitt fans. They were and still are pretty obnoxious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT