ADVERTISEMENT

Flo- Should Flo Pro subscribers receive a refund?

Chainsawcity

Oct 4, 2019
Yearly subscriber here. Should Flo give their paying customers a modified refund? I paid to watch live wrestling, which is what most subscribers pay for, and we are not getting this. They are not sending employees anywhere for events. Their profits must be on the rise because of this. What do you think?

I was surprised to receive a $12 refund from my auto insurance company yesterday. It's not much (and I'm sure it's not motivated by their "generosity"), but I think I've driven once or twice in the past 2 months because there is nowhere to go and the likelihood of having an accident while my car is now parked all the time is low.

The point: if services provided by companies are non-existent or far below "normal", then you have a case for requesting a reduction in fees if it continues for a reasonable period of time or, worse, indefinitely.

My own sense is that FLO is actually making good faith efforts to keep wrestling "alive" during "Quaran-time" — interviews with athletes, news articles, reruns of events and old videos, etc. There isn't a ton of wrestling in most summer anyway (except sporadic tournaments).

My guess is that many fans are experiencing a kind of "sports withdrawal" and the inability to find adequate substitutes for vicarious living. Zain apparently ran 13 miles (a half marathon equivalent) recently just to test his psychological and physical limits. I guess the fun of crushing watermelons has worn off or perhaps is yet to come in later summer

From what I heard about these insurance companies giving money back, it’s a legal thing. They must. Don’t know why.

Car insurance companies are able to refund money to customers because, with the vast majority of the nation's population compelled to stay at home, they have fewer claims to pay.
They probably are giving back only a fraction of the money saved from reduced insurance claims during the crisis.

Los Angeles Times recently reported that in California since stay-at-home restrictions began March 20, traffic has been reduced by 60 percent and cut accidents by half.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Bader Show is fantastic. Flo 24/7 has launched. There's still content. Multiple film-y type things have come out. You may not love that they can't cover events that aren't happening, and you may not love what they've supplemented with, but nobody can say that they aren't trying to do right by their consumer and continually put out content.

Bader Show is fantastic. Flo 24/7 has launched. There's still content. Multiple film-y type things have come out. You may not love that they can't cover events that aren't happening, and you may not love what they've supplemented with, but nobody can say that they aren't trying to do right by their consumer and continually put out content.
OK dude. To think they are not making a ton of money off this "crisis" is very very incorrect. They are pulling stuff out of archives that were not deemed publishable before. Bader is show is blah. Their articles need to be proofread. It's half ass since Willie left. They should refund paying subscribers. Remember it's just not Flo Wrestling....

EDIT: Just remember- It's a business. We are paying for a product and we are not receiving it!

OK dude. To think they are not making a ton of money off this "crisis" is very very incorrect. They are pulling stuff out of archives that were not deemed publishable before. Bader is show is blah. Their articles need to be proofread. It's half ass since Willie left. They should refund paying subscribers. Remember it's just not Flo Wrestling....

EDIT: Just remember- It's a business. We are paying for a product and we are not receiving it!
Our opinions differ, and that's fine. I didn't even notice who posted this until you replied.

Have you reached out to Flo and received a "no"? Couldn't hurt to explain that you subscribed for event coverage and now that there's no events, there's no coverage.

Hmm. I haven't received a refund on my home insurance policy (as opposed to auto insurance policy). Since everyone is "home alone" (or with family), I wonder if there are more or less accidents, plumbing and fire disasters, and the like in the house.

(Aside: I wonder if some parts of the country might be trepidatious about when hurricane season arrives—there will be nowhere to go given that others might still be concerned about the virus.)

From what I heard about these insurance companies giving money back, it’s a legal thing. They must. Don’t know why.

i'm assuming it's similar to the health insurance requirement of Minimum Loss Ratios. basically, the company has to pay out a certain percentage of the premium it receives in claim payments (or hold in reserves). i believe it's something like 80%, so if the company's MLR comes in at like 60%, they have to give premium back to policyholders to make up the difference.

I called mine and said for the three cars I am covering (me, wife and son in college), are now all being driven about 50 miles per month due to shelter in place. I have driven to groceries, home Depot, a driving range and little else in the past two months. 2 working from home, one now virtual school from home. They made the adjustment which lowered my premium $50/month. Not bad. I just need to move it back up once this stuff is lifted (maybe in increments).

How does one find a non profit insurance company. Asking for a friend

www.njm.com

They've relaxed their rules to allow more people to become customers. If you live in PA, you're good.

"2018 - NJM becomes a true regional insurance company by expanding its workers' compensation insurance offerings to Connecticut, Delaware, and Maryland. Previously, this coverage was only available in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The Company also removes membership restrictions and begins offering its Auto, Homeowners, Renters, and Umbrella insurance products to all New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents."

Reactions: Dogwelder
www.njm.com

They've relaxed their rules to allow more people to become customers. If you live in PA, you're good.

"2018 - NJM becomes a true regional insurance company by expanding its workers' compensation insurance offerings to Connecticut, Delaware, and Maryland. Previously, this coverage was only available in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The Company also removes membership restrictions and begins offering its Auto, Homeowners, Renters, and Umbrella insurance products to all New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents."
Thanks. I never knew there was such a thing. Thanks again

Reactions: matter7172
My insurance company is non-profit and I get refunds every year. The next refund should be a doozy.

I'm getting a $5.23 credit to my auto insurance!

Qualifier: I only have one insured vehicle and it's classified as "in storage" since I haven't had it on the road for several years.:rolleyes:

With driving reduced in the 50% range during this pandemic, car insurance companies stand to make a bundle. Here's a list from Consumer Reports on some that offer rebates/reduced rates/etc.

Allstate promises that most customers will see a 15 percent rebate on premiums for April and May.
Amica, a CR recommended insurer, says its customers will see a 20 percent credit on their auto premiums for April and May
USAA, a CR recommended insurer, says its policyholders will receive a 20 percent credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks.
American Family Insurance is providing a onetime, $50 payment for each vehicle insured under a personal auto insurance policy.
Liberty Mutual and Safeco are providing a 15 percent refund for two months of policyholders’ personal auto premiums.
GEICO is offering a 15 percent credit to auto and motorcycle policyholders as their policies comes up for renewal.
Nationwide says it is offering a one-time premium refund of $50 per policy
Auto-Owners Insurance told CR that it plans to announce a premium refund program in the near future.
Farmer's and 21st Century policyholders will receive a 25% reduction in their April premiums

NJM, a CR recommended insurer, has announced it will refund 15 percent of the equivalent of three months of premium payments to policyholders.
Chubb, a CR recommended insurer, says that when its policyholders renew their policies, they will receive a credit reflecting a 35 percent premium reduction for the months of April and May, with additional discounts for subsequent months, as the situation warrants.
Mercury says it plans to return 15 percent of monthly auto insurance premiums to customers in April and May

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
For NJM, that's in addition to the normal yearly rebates. Great insurance company, although Chubb is probably better for things like wine, art and collectibles.

GEICO's deal is pretty sweet, though.

With driving reduced in the 50% range during this pandemic, car insurance companies stand to make a bundle. Here's a list from Consumer Reports on some that offer rebates/reduced rates/etc.

Allstate promises that most customers will see a 15 percent rebate on premiums for April and May.
Amica, a CR recommended insurer, says its customers will see a 20 percent credit on their auto premiums for April and May
USAA, a CR recommended insurer, says its policyholders will receive a 20 percent credit on two months of premiums in the coming weeks.
American Family Insurance is providing a onetime, $50 payment for each vehicle insured under a personal auto insurance policy.
Liberty Mutual and Safeco are providing a 15 percent refund for two months of policyholders’ personal auto premiums.
GEICO is offering a 15 percent credit to auto and motorcycle policyholders as their policies comes up for renewal.
Auto-Owners Insurance told CR that it plans to announce a premium refund program in the near future.
Farmer's and 21st Century policyholders will receive a 25% reduction in their April premiums

NJM, a CR recommended insurer, has announced it will refund 15 percent of the equivalent of three months of premium payments to policyholders.
Chubb, a CR recommended insurer, says that when its policyholders renew their policies, they will receive a credit reflecting a 35 percent premium reduction for the months of April and May, with additional discounts for subsequent months, as the situation warrants.
Mercury says it plans to return 15 percent of monthly auto insurance premiums to customers in April and May

I can confirm the Nationwide $50 refund as I just got mine last week. Was hoping it was monthly not one time. Oh well. Not a big deal as I am not driving much less than I was before the shutdown.

Car insurance companies are able to refund money to customers because, with the vast majority of the nation's population compelled to stay at home, they have fewer claims to pay.
They probably are giving back only a fraction of the money saved from reduced insurance claims during the crisis.

Los Angeles Times recently reported that in California since stay-at-home restrictions began March 20, traffic has been reduced by 60 percent and cut accidents by half.

It's also interesting that citations for speeding over 100mph have went up 87% in Cali since the lockdown. (I did not contribute to that statistic).
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7brwnpsu

Just received my semi-annual bill from State Farm. It went up slightly from last year.

I received an email from USAA saying what credit was applied to my policy. They say it is 20% for two months and I trust them without doing the math myself.

NY's AG is publicly calling out cable providers to cut their "sports fees," since they're not presently providing live sports. I think the cable providers are going to fight it pretty hard because for so many people sports is the only reason they haven't already cut the cord. The cable companies justify the itemized sports fees by their licensing deals with the leagues--they should ask the league for a break and pass that break downstream (surely players will be asked to take cuts). But in all likelihood consumers will continue to pay for what they're not getting.

I'd put the likelihood of Flo issuing rebates at somewhere between "no" and "hell no."

I'm getting a $5.23 credit to my auto insurance!

Qualifier: I only have one insured vehicle and it's classified as "in storage" since I haven't had it on the road for several years.:rolleyes:
Me too with my car insurance. And that exactly what flo is- "in storage." Give some refunds back. Did somebody say their isn't much wrestling in the summer? Well, you are wrong. IMO best wrestling comes in the summer.

So, all these insurance companies are giving refunds....but FLO is a no? Typical- most everybody has issures with live streaming, and now we don't even have that. :golfclaptoflo

Many subscribers have been with them thru the terrible times when their live stream service was just plain awful. Now would be a nice time for some good-will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilco43
I'm fortunate enough to have an employer that is paying me to work from home through this. I can't do every aspect of my job from home, and they know that. I'm willing to do the same for Flo for the time being.

Reactions: Wilco43
I'm not looking or asking for a rebate from Flo. Members are still able to find some good stuff on there site. However, this did make me think that we/I should maybe put a little something in the mailbox for are postal providers or whom ever is still out there daily doing there jobs and not wait till xmas. So thanks for making me think :) I'm going to tip my mail man tomorrow.

I'm not looking or asking for a rebate from Flo. Members are still able to find some good stuff on there site. However, this did make me think that we/I should maybe put a little something in the mailbox for are postal providers or whom ever is still out there daily doing there jobs and not wait till xmas. So thanks for making me think :) I'm going to tip my mail man tomorrow.
I bought a bunch of $25 gift cards from https://www.laverybrewing.com (shameless plug for a favorite place) and hand them out to workers I'm coming across that aren't getting the extra $600 stimulus payment and serving me. It supports local business and shows appreciation to those are still working to maintain our lives. Of course, I had to get a few other gift cards for those under 21 cashiers at Wegman's.
BTW, Lavery makes some of the best IPAs west of Neshaminy Creek.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Flo's great coverage now, "Cauliflower Ear: The Basics". C'mon FLO give back to the people that have carried you for many years. Don't take advantage of this. GIVE BACK!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT