ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Posts their seeding predictions for Big 10s

yeah, I think the only big unknown about the Big Ten seeding is what they do with Rivera at 133. Somebody with a higher seed is going to get screwed and have to wrestle him in an early round.( Hope its not RBY!)

Reactions: Sett1997
yeah, I think the only big unknown about the Big Ten seeding is what they do with Rivera at 133. Somebody with a higher seed is going to get screwed and have to wrestle him in an early round.( Hope its not RBY!)
The way rby has been wrestling I don't think he cares. He's got a chip on his shoulder for some reason. I think it's because he wasn't allowed to wind desanto up like a top

Are these any more informed than Roar’s seeds? Flo’s expertise has taken a big hit since Smalls left. Gross, rby, ad is right. Rivera could be switched with Alvarez at 7 or with Lovett at 5. Having three hammers on one side of the bracket seems wrong, bet AD wishes he would have finished the RBY match if this holds. Silva at 9 is a land mine but would get gross in the quarters. Decatur with the 14th seed is surprising because he can take down the best just has an Ohio gas tank.

Think flo has it right at 133.
Desanto should get Rivera in quarters way it looks to me.
Brutal for Desanto, if he gets by Rivera then it's RBY, if he happens to win then it's Gross? Has anyone ever wrestled that many top wrestlers in college in a row? :eek::eek:

Reactions: dunkej01
Brutal for Desanto, if he gets by Rivera then it's RBY, if he happens to win then it's Gross? Has anyone ever wrestled that many top wrestlers in college in a row? :eek::eek:

Sett,

Not sure about Bigs, but Kemerer ran quite the gauntlet at NCAA's in 18.

Here's who he faced in consecutive matches:

Nolf(3 seed, but really 1), Lavallee(2 seed), Shields(4 seed), Pantaleo(5 seed) and finally Berger(8 seed).

Sett,

Nolf(3 seed, but really 1), Lavallee(2 seed), Shields(4 seed), Pantaleo(5 seed) and finally Berger(8 seed).
Crazy, that's even worse! Nolf three seed, lol
I do remember that.

Based on how the B1G Tourny has been seeded in the past, I'd be surprised if Rivera isn't the 5 seed. They've typically given elite guys who've missed a lot of mat time with injuries the benefit of the doubt. For instance in 2015 when Delgado missed most of the regular season and came into B1Gs with 5 or 6 matches, he still got the 1 seed.

Being a Hawk fan I used to hate Nolf ( because he's so freaking good) then heard him speak in a prolonged interview, class act.
Big fan after that.

Also being a Hawk fan, I have no shame in saying that Jason Nolf is at the top of my list for favorite non-Iowa wrestlers over the last decade. Just to prove it, here's a quote from me on HR from last year about this:

jrod65
jrod65
Team MVP
This is a good topic. Lets get back on track.

Current:
Nolf - obviously an amazing wrestler but what I really like is his mean streak that he just barely keeps in check. It came out at the end of the Buffalo match, facemush and a cradle slam?? Damn.. I really, really want to see him do more of that.

Reactions: slushhead
Also being a Hawk fan, I have no shame in saying that Jason Nolf is at the top of my list for favorite non-Iowa wrestlers over the last decade. Just to prove it, here's a quote from me on HR from last year about this:

jrod65
jrod65
Team MVP
This is a good topic. Lets get back on track.

Current:
Nolf - obviously an amazing wrestler but what I really like is his mean streak that he just barely keeps in check. It came out at the end of the Buffalo match, facemush and a cradle slam?? Damn.. I really, really want to see him do more of that.
Ehhhh, tons of wrestlers do the face mush. Even Spencer sometimes.

Really to be fair to the guys that wrestled all or most of the year Rivera really should be the five seed..That way he could meet Gross in semis and then have two in each brackets that are top four..Desanto and RBY in the other semis..

Really to be fair to the guys that wrestled all or most of the year Rivera really should be the five seed..That way he could meet Gross in semis and then have two in each brackets that are top four..Desanto and RBY in the other semis..
100% agree.

Sett,

He was extremely banged up also. Kid is a warrior. I know he had a knee injury that year then he had to default against Berger because of his shoulder. Thank god Berger beat Micah in the Consol Semis, otherwise Micah would have gotten 6.5 more points (.5 advancement, 4 more placement then 2 for the Kemerer injury default)

Reactions: jrod65
My guess is that the seeds at 133 end up with two of the top guys on either side of the bracket, Gross and Rivera up top, Desanto and RBY down below.

Reactions: slushhead
Are these any more informed than Roar’s seeds? Flo’s expertise has taken a big hit since Smalls left. Gross, rby, ad is right. Rivera could be switched with Alvarez at 7 or with Lovett at 5. Having three hammers on one side of the bracket seems wrong, bet AD wishes he would have finished the RBY match if this holds. Silva at 9 is a land mine but would get gross in the quarters. Decatur with the 14th seed is surprising because he can take down the best just has an Ohio gas tank.

Wait what are their projections? I thought they posted a photo with Rivera at 11. I agree with most of you I think he’s probably 5, maybe 6. I also think Alvarez will be ahead of Lovett.

It depends on what criteria is used for seeding. Is the seeding based on resume, who they think the actual best guys are, or a combination? I don't think it's a secret or a stretch to say Gross, ADS, RBY, and Rivera (in no particular order) are the top four in the B1G. Those four guys should make up the semi finals in an ideal seeding world.

It's poetic justice, in a way. I feel like both pairs -- Gross-Rivera and RBY-DeSanto -- have unsettled business that needs to be sorted out to identify the worthy finalist. Luckily, the numbers play out to justify such a seeding scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT