ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommitting?

Hope this isn't true. Was texting with my son in law who is a huge Georgia fan and season ticket holder. He said an insider on the premium board posted a GA QB was on the verge of decommitting. Didn't mention Fields by name but he copied the post and texted it to me. Very obvious the QB is Fields. Says Auburn, FSU and FLA are the main players. I know I'll be called out on this as a troll and I debated on posting this because of that. I'm just relaying what I heard and hope it's not true.
maxresdefault.jpg

Heard from a low end Seminole booster two weeks ago that he came to Tallahassee on his own dime. And not just his 7v7 event. Kid has drastically rose up the rankings. We are far away, present cold weather for half the season, and I'm sure those pressing the kid are saying "Moorhead's gone after this year... wouldn't you rather play for us and these results?"

My guess for possible top 3 now:

1) FSU - Jimbo has gotten 3-4 QBs drafted high.
2) Auburn - offensive scheme damn near the same as ours in principle, plus Malzahn directs it. No OC leaving fears.

3) UF - childhood favorite, nostalgia is hard to beat.

I appreciate his effort to let us know early vs late in the game. Do we have a 1b option or do we lock up another position player?

Heard from a low end Seminole booster two weeks ago that he came to Tallahassee on his own dime. And not just his 7v7 event. Kid has drastically rose up the rankings. We are far away, present cold weather for half the season, and I'm sure those pressing the kid are saying "Moorhead's gone after this year... wouldn't you rather play for us and these results?"

My guess for possible top 3 now:

1) FSU - Jimbo has gotten 3-4 QBs drafted high.
2) Auburn - offensive scheme damn near the same as ours in principle, plus Malzahn directs it. No OC leaving fears.

3) UF - childhood favorite, nostalgia is hard to beat.

I appreciate his effort to let us know early vs late in the game. Do we have a 1b option or do we lock up another position player?
Malzahn probably gone before Moorhead. His seat is pretty hot.

Reactions: BBrown
Gotta say... I feel like I came out on the right side of this one. But as I say it, I want to puke. Bad evening for the good guys.
Nobody feels good about this situation. Knock me again if you wish, but his 5 star trend loss continues, but we are not the only team who has this issue. The most highly touted kids are relentlessly pursued by the best teams in the country to flip to them after committing early. Fields was really a long shot to stay with us coming from Atlanta, but hopefully we can now flip another QB to us before the signing period ends.Anyway you look at this though, it hurts, as Fields looks like the real deal, at least as a college QB. Have faith though that CJF will come up with the right moves in due process!

Hahahahhaha this thread is GOLD. All you losers called out the OP yesterday and mocked him. slobs.

Exactly. And looking to see how many will admit they were wrong and offer an apology.

I tried responding to this awhile ago but when I hit send it said could not connect to server. TV lost its signal also so it was something in my area. Assuming the post won't make it into the thread somehow I'll try again. First of all it don't expect any apologies from most of them. All they want to do is slam someone and call them names. Doubting someone is fine and I expected that. But a lot of you need to grow the hell up and stop taking everything so personal. I was called a troll, bad PSU fan, Pitt fan, idiot and more. And ILLINOISLION crossed a line I won't soon forget. It was uncalled for and I'll leave it at that. Anyone who even dared to defend the post or myself was attacked also. The source is known as being very reliable and the info pertained to PSU so I posted it. Turned out it was true and I hate it as much as anyone. I left out parts of it so as not to sound like a know it all. The source said it was a done deal but I backed off on that. He also said Cam Newton is Fields favorite player and had a big influence on him at the recent camp. As of now Auburn may be his choice.

OK just as I said here come the troll remarks. I use to post all the time on PSU boards as GeorgiaNittany. Probably before most on here even found the forums. Cheese lion, Carol, Jan, MarshCreekEagle, Bernie and others were also regular posters at the time. Got away from posting and signed back up somewhat recently and post here and there. I live in Cobb County, the same County as Fields in Georgia. My daughter and I traveled up for the spring game this year. Have plenty of pics from our trip up there. If you still think I'm a troll that's fine. I'm just passing on info that was passed to me. Not saying it's legit just what I heard. Hopefully it's not.

Thanks for passing along your info! Some of these guys are obnoxious and rude. So who's right on this one? Some of these guys......

Reactions: Herkmeister
I tried responding to this awhile ago but when I hit send it said could not connect to server. TV lost its signal also so it was something in my area. Assuming the post won't make it into the thread somehow I'll try again. First of all it don't expect any apologies from most of them. All they want to do is slam someone and call them names. Doubting someone is fine and I expected that. But a lot of you need to grow the hell up and stop taking everything so personal. I was called a troll, bad PSU fan, Pitt fan, idiot and more. And ILLINOISLION crossed a line I won't soon forget. It was uncalled for and I'll leave it at that. Anyone who even dared to defend the post or myself was attacked also. The source is known as being very reliable and the info pertained to PSU so I posted it. Turned out it was true and I hate it as much as anyone. I left out parts of it so as not to sound like a know it all. The source said it was a done deal but I backed off on that. He also said Cam Newton is Fields favorite player and had a big influence on him at the recent camp. As of now Auburn may be his choice.

Look - what you said in your OP isn't new or any different than what's been posted dozens of times about Fields in other threads; you just had better timing and luck (and felt the need to start your own thread). Congrats?

Jones - never committed.
Pryor - never committed.

Kendra and Parsons fit the bill if we're talking absolute five stars. I can't recall any other legit five star prospect we lost after receiving a verbal though. If anything, I'd say PSU's attrition rate with verbals overall is better than most other big time programs (and getting better). And don't forget for every Dylan Rivers, there is an Ellis Brooks.

Dan Kendra? did they even have "stars" way back then? LOL.

Threads like these serve no purpose other than to rile up a fan base. There are plenty of threads and posts about Fields and others - posting unsubstantiated 'premium board' rumors about recruits is trolling - period.

Seems pretty substantiated to me.

Look - what you said in your OP isn't new or any different than what's been posted dozens of times about Fields in other threads; you just had better timing and luck (and felt the need to start your own thread). Congrats?

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. You are not a big man.

It's not "your" a pathetic person, it's "you're" a pathetic person.

An honest question for you......why even post what you posted here, what purpose did it serve? Did you actually think this was "breaking news", that we had never heard a rumor (or a hundred or a thousand rumors) like this? And we were all gonna jump up and thank you and congratulate you on this earth-shattering post?

There was nothing.....NOTHING.....to gain by posting this daily dribble here yesterday.

It's not "breaking news", it's "breaking news," ... the comma goes inside the qoatation marks.

Better now than on signing day. Is Penn State being used somehow by these recruits?

Don't let it bother you. It's the nature of the beast here. God forbid, you said something less than complimentary about Joe's nature, coaching ability, etc. You really would have been taken to the woodshed on that.

Too funny, "your opinion" directly conflicts with what Justin Fields has stated publicly and is currently publishing "on the internet", but according to you, your baseless, wholly-unsupported "opinion" matters more than Justin Fields' own public statements and published words "on the internet". What kind of @sshole believes his own baseless "opinions" (i.e., completely created soap-opera gossip) are more important than the principal subject's own statements on the matter? LMFAO, only a complete fraud douche troll would write a multi-paragraph composition on how much more important his own opinion is than the actual words and actions of the recruit.

Good morning BODE, Bushy, FRTT. ....I hope you have a great day.

Reactions: Al_Tuna
He told you information that Fields was on the verge of decommitting immediately ... and then Fields decommitted within 24 hours. Face it he had correct information and you were wrong. Man up.

People have been saying this since he committed, including The Collegian. OP said a 'GA QB' was on the verge of decommitting and that Fields was likely. OP lucked out with his timing - good for him; but his news was almost certainly inevitable. The fact that you guys think he's the next Carnac is hilarious.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT