ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommitting?

Dan Kendra? did they even have "stars" way back then? LOL.

He did. Remember reading the news on the Prodigy message boards. At the time, his verbal meant less than a tiny blurb in Sports section of USA Today. He decommitted for FSU because of Bowden's relationship with his family via WVU.

People have been saying this since he committed, including The Collegian. OP said a 'GA QB' was on the verge of decommitting and that Fields was likely. OP lucked out with his timing - good for him; but his news was almost certainly inevitable. The fact that you guys think he's the next Carnac is hilarious.

Guess when you have your head stuck so far in the sand it's hard to get it out.

People have been saying this since he committed, including The Collegian. OP said a 'GA QB' was on the verge of decommitting and that Fields was likely. OP lucked out with his timing - good for him; but his news was almost certainly inevitable. The fact that you guys think he's the next Carnac is hilarious.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that the OP may have had inside information that was spot on? Inside information does exist and apparently, the OP had inside information that Fields' decommitment was imminent. That was new information. However, because you did not initially believe the OP, you assume that he "lucked out with his timing." Man up and acknowledge he was right and apologize if you attacked him.

We should appreciate when others post information that they have, whether it be good or bad information, and encourage such posts.

I wish we had the unfortunate problems of 5* players decommitting. That being said, I was redirected here to see the comedy of some of these responses. GeorgiaNitt hit the nail on the head a day before the news broke and was mocked and ridiculed for it. People need to grow up a bit. You guys have a good team and a seemingly bright future ahead, but show a little decency and respect for one another.

I just read through this thread since it seemed to grow so fast. Very entertaining. I haven't followed recruiting in years and never heard of this Fields kid but it sounds like he is pretty good. Shame he decommitted.

Reading through the thread I couldn't help but think back to the days I did follow this stuff. Jason Evans was a GA kid who decommitted from PSU but the leaks were first which generated a famous "PURE GARBAGE!!" post from the recruiting guru on the board. Evans didn't come to PSU but I don't believe he went on to produce very much on the field during his NCAA career.

Look - what you said in your OP isn't new or any different than what's been posted dozens of times about Fields in other threads; you just had better timing and luck (and felt the need to start your own thread). Congrats?

^ This times 10,000,000. If I said two months ago "I have sources telling me Parsons and Fields are going to decommit," it doesn't mean I have the slightest connections. It just means I regurgitated what everyone was saying and expected.

Might as well say you have sources it's going to rain this month then act prescient when it happens.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Why is it so hard for you to admit that the OP may have had inside information that was spot on? Inside information does exist and apparently, the OP had inside information that Fields' decommitment was imminent. That was new information. However, because you did not initially believe the OP, you assume that he "lucked out with his timing." Man up and acknowledge he was right and apologize if you attacked him.

We should appreciate when others post information that they have, whether it be good or bad information, and encourage such posts.

Any one of us could have said the same thing without having to create a new thread or a new handle and would have had a 50/50 shot of being right. This wasn't 'new' information for anyone paying attention. I never said the OP was categorically wrong, just that his method was troll-like. Still stand by that. Cheers.

Reactions: wbcincy

Hey, don't spread this around, but I've got some inside information that Trump is going to tweet something stupid this week. My son-in-law has some connections in the White House and told me it will be happening soon. Please prepare to label me Nostradamus.

Hey, don't spread this around, but I've got some inside information that Trump is going to tweet something stupid this week. My son-in-law has some connections in the White House and told me it will be happening soon. Please prepare to label me Nostradamus.

Nice try, but not an appropriate analogy.

An appropriate analogy would be posting today, amid rumors that Jeff Sessions was willing to resign at Trump's request, that Jeff Sessions' resignation was imminent, and he resigns tomorrow.

Last edited:
Any one of us could have said the same thing without having to create a new thread or a new handle and would have had a 50/50 shot of being right. This wasn't 'new' information for anyone paying attention. I never said the OP was categorically wrong, just that his method was troll-like. Still stand by that. Cheers.

The assumption that you are making is that he had no inside information. If he had actual, solid inside information that the decommit was imminent and passed it along, it is not troll-like nor is it like any one of us saying the same thing and having a "50/50 shot of being right." At the time he posted this information, nobody knew if Fields was going to decommit today or three months in the future or not decommit at all. Why is it so hard for you to admit that he may have had actual additional information about the timing of the decommit.

The assumption that you are making is that he had no inside information. If he had actual, solid inside information that the decommit was imminent and passed it along, it is not troll-like nor is it like any one of us saying the same thing and having a "50/50 shot of being right." At the time he posted this information, nobody knew if Fields was going to decommit today or three months in the future or not decommit at all. Why is it so hard for you to admit that he may have had actual additional information about the timing of the decommit.

Answered previously.

This board tends to treat posters like crap if they have (1) a low post count (2) even the slightest indication of being a fan of another team and (3) are posting something the board disagrees with or doesn't want to hear. The OP checked all 3 boxes and got unjustly torn apart. But even a known poster claiming to have insider info that Fields would be decommit likely would have been treated the same way in this circumstance, because much of the board would rather put their fingers in their ears and yell "I can't hear you!" than believe that information.

Decommits happen. While this one hurts, it's not the end of the world. PSU will be just fine with or without the likes of Parsons and Fields. Of course we'd prefer they stick with us, but if not the coaches and team will figure things out.

Exactly. And looking to see how many will admit they were wrong and offer an apology.

I went back and counted 30 different posters that took a shot at the op simply because he passed along what turned out to be a very credible rumor. As of this moment, only ONE of them (midnighter) has had the balls to return to this thread.

Illionoislion being the leader of the personal insults - you in particular owe GN44
an apology.

I wish we had the unfortunate problems of 5* players decommitting. That being said, I was redirected here to see the comedy of some of these responses. GeorgiaNitt hit the nail on the head a day before the news broke and was mocked and ridiculed for it. People need to grow up a bit. You guys have a good team and a seemingly bright future ahead, but show a little decency and respect for one another.

HAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!! this from a rutgers fan....now I have seen it all!!!!!!!

That was not new information if you follow recruiting on different services. It's been chatter on the boards for weeks. The OP's son got it off of a GA premium message board, ala Lions Den. That info is not all that "inside" when it's being discussed on a message board and it only requires a paid membership to view it. I wouldn't have condemned the OP for bringing the info here though--he brought info he thought was important for fans to know. Unfortunately, it wasn't good news, but was worth reporting it.

Nice try, but not an appropriate analogy.

An appropriate analogy would be posting today, amid rumors that Jeff Sessions was willing to resign at Trump's request, that Jeff Sessions' resignation was imminent, and he resigns tomorrow.

Not correct either. Better analogy would be posting today I heard from someone with inside information that 'one of three of Trump's appointees' may be resigning soon, with Sessions being the likely candidate.

That was not new information if you follow recruiting on different services. It's been chatter on the boards for weeks. The OP's son got it off of a GA premium message board, ala Lions Den. That info is not all that "inside" when it's being discussed on a message board and it only requires a paid membership to view it. I wouldn't have condemned the OP for bringing the info here though--he brought info he thought was important for fans to know. Unfortunately, it wasn't good news, but was worth reporting it.

No doubt, "rumors" about Fields have been circulating for a couple months now because he had made a vague statement about using his official visits (however he strongly maintained his "verbal commitment" to PSU both in his statements and his own published web-media pages). The only new information here is what JF published via twitter yesterday - again, the "rumors" have been circulating for quite a while at this point. The reality is that "verbal commitments" are meaningless - only a 16 or 17 year old kids can create them or change them. At the end of the day, Justin Fields', nor any other teenagers, "verbal commitment" really means much of anything, let alone be as important as these lunatic trolls who write multiple paragraph essays on how meaningful, relevant and telling to the CFB world a teenager changing his mind is....

Remember the ultra-highly rated QB that committed to PSU a couple years ago, but ultimately switched to ND? How much did that hurt PSU and help ND? A teenager changing his mind about where he is going to sign is not going to "make or break" PSU, or any other program for that matter..... Lunatics who hang on every rumor regarding teenagers that have never played a down of DIA Football and write multi-page essays on how important and relevant the rumor-mill regarding teenagers is to PSU football or CFB in general, are pathetic, teenage jock-sniffing twits.

No doubt, "rumors" about Fields have been circulating for a couple months now because he had made a vague statement about using his official visits (however he strongly maintained his "verbal commitment" to PSU both in his statements and his own published web-media pages). The only new information here is what JF published via twitter yesterday - again, the "rumors" have been circulating for quite a while at this point. The reality is that "verbal commitments" are meaningless - only a 16 or 17 year old kids can create them or change them. At the end of the day, Justin Fields', nor any other teenagers, "verbal commitment" really means much of anything, let alone be as important as these lunatic trolls who write multiple paragraph essays on how meaningful, relevant and telling to the CFB world a teenager changing his mind is....

Remember the ultra-highly rated QB that committed to PSU a couple years ago, but ultimately switched to ND? How much did that hurt PSU and help ND? A teenager changing his mind about where he is going to sign is not going to "make or break" PSU, or any other program for that matter..... Lunatics who hang on every rumor regarding teenagers that have never played a down of DIA Football and write multi-page essays on how important and relevant the rumor-mill regarding teenagers is to PSU football or CFB in general, are pathetic, teenage jock-sniffing twits.

I mean I don't think they're lunatics but rather fans interested in who their team is recruiting. No different from fans following the NFL and NBA drafts closely. What changes the dynamics is that these are impressionable teens we're talking about and their minds change all the time, not to mention the multitude of influential people in their lives. What I despise more than anything are fans who tweet nasty things at these teenagers because they're undecided on where they want to attend school.

Bottom line is probably 40% of the time, a highly rated recruit who verbals before his 'star' takes off and has a chance to take his official visits, earn additional offers, and show off on twitter is going to decommit. If said recruit is out of state and especially in a place where there is tremendous pressure to stay local (such as the SEC, or 'South' in general), bump that up to 75%. So far, 100% of the five star prospects who verballed to Penn State this year, and who made their initial verbals while still Juniors in HS, have bailed. Fields committed in December 2016. CJF was ahead of all the big players - Bama, Oregon, and Texas didn't offer until after the new year, and he received his offer from Florida in February. I don't blame these kids for looking around which is what they should do in the first place, but don't commit if you're not certain.

Reactions: grinagrin
I mean I don't think they're lunatics but rather fans interested in who their team is recruiting. No different from fans following the NFL and NBA drafts closely. What changes the dynamics is that these are impressionable teens we're talking about and their minds change all the time, not to mention the multitude of influential people in their lives. What I despise more than anything are fans who tweet nasty things at these teenagers because they're undecided on where they want to attend school.

Please do show me where I, or any other recognized PSU fan on this board, has posted anything demeaning of Justin Fields relative to his latest web-media pronouncement? (it was not his first statement about his College and CFB desires and "commitments", and I'm quite sure it will not be the last in this self-created and enacted teenage soap-opera). I can show you plenty of long compositions, including the OP's, by pathetic teenage jock-sniffing twits attempting to lecture us all about how important and relevant these self-created teenage soap-operas are to PSU and the CFB world in general.....

Bottom line is probably 40% of the time, a highly rated recruit who verbals before his 'star' takes off and has a chance to take his official visits, earn additional offers, and show off on twitter is going to decommit. If said recruit is out of state and especially in a place where there is tremendous pressure to stay local (such as the SEC, or 'South' in general), bump that up to 75%. So far, 100% of the five star prospects who verballed to Penn State this year, and who made their initial verbals while still Juniors in HS, have bailed. Fields committed in December 2016. CJF was ahead of all the big players - Bama, Oregon, and Texas didn't offer until after the new year, and he received his offer from Florida in February. I don't blame these kids for looking around which is what they should do in the first place, but don't commit if you're not certain.

Dude, it is a "soap-opera" drama that is ultimately created, and propagated, by the teenagers themselves. The twit jock-sniffing adults (primarily trolls) who attempt to ascribe great import to such things (and write long compositions on the topic) are far more pathetic than the kids themselves! At least the kids have an excuse....their immature kids - teenagers who are known for creating such self-induced, meaningless at-the-end-of-the-day "drama" in their daily lives (not all that different from their mello-dramatic puppy-love dramas).

Dude, it is a "soap-opera" drama that is ultimately created, and propagated, by the teenagers themselves. The twit jock-sniffing adults (primarily trolls) who attempt to ascribe great import to such things (and write long compositions on the topic) are far more pathetic than the kids themselves! At least the kids have an excuse....their immature kids - teenagers who are known for creating such self-induced, meaningless at-the-end-of-the-day "drama" in their daily lives (not all that different from their mello-dramatic puppy-love dramas).

I quit caring about 'the process' a long time ago. I stopped paying for a service that provides information about recruits and recruiting years ago. I enjoy the ride, but don't care until February. And even then everything that happens on the field in the fall is way more important/entertaining.

Please do show me where I, or any other recognized PSU fan on this board, has posted anything demeaning of Justin Fields relative to his latest web-media pronouncement? (it was not his first statement about his College and CFB desires and "commitments", and I'm quite sure it will not be the last in this self-created and enacted teenage soap-opera). I can show you plenty of long compositions, including the OP's, by pathetic teenage jock-sniffing twits attempting to lecture us all about how important and relevant these self-created teenage soap-operas are to PSU and the CFB world in general.....

I didn't insinuate that YOU do it, but I have seen others do it here and elsewhere, and definitely twitter. Well-developed recruits are important to PSU's ability to play at an even higher level but one or two of these players leaving won't break the team.

No, it is propagated by adults who rank, tweet, beg, and idolize these teens.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I apologize to GeorgiaNittany. Got worked up.
Really sucks losing this kid. I guess it was a pipedream when a Southern kid has southern schools all over him.

Yawn....yea, I guess this explains why Elite 11 QB Brandon Wimbush switched his commitment from PSU to ND back in 2015? You clowns were claiming how earth-shakingly relevant that one was to PSU's (and ND's) future fortunes as well.... PSU went 11-2 and won the B1G Championship Game in last year's regular season, while ND went 4-8 - go figure!

Last edited:
No, it is propagated by adults who rank, tweet, beg, and idolize these teens.

Wrong idiot, the only party who can CREATE a publicly issued "verbal commitment" is the teenage athlete themselves as coaches are not allowed to comment on such topics (i.e., whether a player has given a "verbal commitment" to the program prior to LOI Day). The only party who can CREATE a publicly-issued "verbal de-Commitment" is the teenage athlete themselves (again, Programs and Staffs are not permitted to publicly discuss such items). The only party who can CREATE "verbal re-commitments" is the teenage athlete themselves..... The only party who can CREATE "verbal de-commitments to the re-commitment" is the teenage athlete themselves.... Etc., so-forth and so-on until an actual LOI is signed and properly submitted to a school. The entire mello-drama soap-opera is the CREATED and PROPAGATED by the actions and words of teenagers that jock-sniffing twits such as yourself attach great import and relevance to for the purpose of trolling and flaming.....

Last edited:
I went back and counted 30 different posters that took a shot at the op simply because he passed along what turned out to be a very credible rumor. As of this moment, only ONE of them (midnighter) has had the balls to return to this thread.

Illionoislion being the leader of the personal insults - you in particular owe GN44
an apology.
I might have been one that you counted as having insulted the OP. That may depend on whether you used his definition or not. In fact, my post referred to his attitude that he really didn't say that Fields was decommitting, only that he heard it. I don't like that attitude so I called him out for it (I didn't insult him but informed him that I heard about such insults). To be honest, I readily admit to knowing nothing about recruiting and didn't post anything about whether Fields would or wouldn't decommit. On that the OP was right unless he never really said that Fields would decommit ...

Look - what you said in your OP isn't new or any different than what's been posted dozens of times about Fields in other threads; you just had better timing and luck (and felt the need to start your own thread). Congrats?

LOL

Reactions: Herkmeister
I might have been one that you counted as having insulted the OP. That may depend on whether you used his definition or not. In fact, my post referred to his attitude that he really didn't say that Fields was decommitting, only that he heard it. I don't like that attitude so I called him out for it (I didn't insult him but informed him that I heard about such insults). To be honest, I readily admit to knowing nothing about recruiting and didn't post anything about whether Fields would or wouldn't decommit. On that the OP was right unless he never really said that Fields would decommit ...

No doubt, in addition his reported "rumor" (i.e., he'd "heard" second-hand that Fields was going to decommit from PSU) was not a "new" piece of information within the recruiting internet "rumor mill". The OP posted absolutely nothing that hadn't been posted many times before in the last several months (there was a published report in February of this year that Justin had received an offer from Florida and was "rumored" to be speaking with them, liked them and possibly had even made an unofficial visit there.... The OP deserves to be insulted for the teenage, jock-sniffing twit he is who attaches great import to teenage created, and propagated, mello-dramas for the purpose of flaming and trolling the board....

giphy.gif

This is an absurd comparison. Trump always tweets stupid shit, but everyone on this board was holding it sacred that fields would NEVER decommit. Your metaphor doesn't stand up, because NO-ONE with credibility had forecasted this yesterday whereas ANYONE with credibility would agree that trump is going to bash someone within the next 10 minutes on his twitter account.

Yawn....yea, I guess this explains why Elite 11 QB Brandon Wimbush switched his commitment from PSU to ND back in 2015? You clowns were claiming how earth-shakingly relevant that one was to PSU's (and ND's) future fortunes as well.... PSU went 11-2 and won the B1G Championship Game in last year's regular season, while ND went 4-8 - go figure!

I am a clown? Ok. I don't overreact when it comes to recruiting though I do love following it closely. This is going to be a spectacular class regardless and yes, we are fine at QB. Your response showed signs of clown or just ass.

Fields is on another planet than Wimbush and Wimbush is a talented QB for sure.

Fields may end up the #1 overall recruit on all services.

This is an absurd comparison. Trump always tweets stupid shit, but everyone on this board was holding it sacred that fields would NEVER decommit. Your metaphor doesn't stand up, because NO-ONE with credibility had forecasted this yesterday whereas ANYONE with credibility would agree that trump is going to bash someone within the next 10 minutes on his twitter account.

Max-douche with another absurd troll post...."everyone on this board was holding it sacred that fields would NEVER decommit". I'm not even sure precisely how to interpret such nonsense or how you even make such an expression of sanctity, but who knew that Max-douche speaks for the entire board in this regard - go figure!?!?..... but he isn't a troll and flamer of this board don't you know??? Published "Internet Rumors" regarding Fields have been floating around since at least February of this year when Florida announced they had offered him, but the OP published never heard before info don't you know? LMFAO at how pathetic these teenage, jock-sniffing mello-drama "bro-mancers", who attach great import to these matters, are for the purpose of flaming and trolling this board.....pathetic.

The recruiting thread is full of potential Fields de-committing talk. Same for Parsons prior to his #blessed announcement. It's almost as if the psychosphere feeds on the insecurity of Penn State fans when it comes to some of these commits and turns our anxiety into reality....

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT