ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommitting?

Cheesy and classless all wrapped up into one person. Amazing.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nit16
I am a clown? Ok. I don't overreact when it comes to recruiting though I do love following it closely. This is going to be a spectacular class regardless and yes, we are fine at QB. Your response showed signs of clown or just ass.

Fields is on another planet than Wimbush and Wimbush is a talented QB for sure.

Fields may end up the #1 overall recruit on all services.

LMFAO, Dan Kendra was the "#1 Ranked" all-world, all-everything QB in the 1995 Class (he was the 1994 CONSENSUS Player of the Year by USAToday, ESPN, Parade, Super-Prep, etc...) - he verbally committed to PSU and then "verbally de-committed" from PSU in December 1994..... Guess what genius, he never played a meaningful down at QB for Free-Shoes U and played sparingly late in his career as a FB and H-Back TE.....he never amounted to anything at the D1A level and he was the biggest "can't miss" QB prospect ever - don't believe me?, HIT THE LINK - THE ONE WHO GOT AWAY as it is quite well documented genius. Your notion that Fields is a guaranteed "can't miss", "make-or-break" all-important recruit, all-american, heisman winner, guaranteed MNC, future NFL Pro-bowler waiting to happen is laughable. Your notion that Justin is unique in the hype he is receiving is laughable. The "probabilities" that he will live up to the hype are quite low as history quite clearly demonstrates - the QBs that ultimately prove to be the best are generally among the top 50 rated QBs in the nation, but rarely does the "Consensus #1" of the high school jock-sniffers pan out to dominate the College, or Pro game for that matter, as their "can't miss" predictions state.

You are an idiot.

You are pulling up someone from 20+ years ago as part of your reasoning. Yeah, Kendra and Fields are similar.

You are a pompous ass and dumb as hell to boot. You probably also are someone who likes to cite how many two stars become NFL stars. There is always anomalies.

Dan Kendra...LMAO. Way to dig way deep.

And stop putting words in my mouth/fingers. I never said anything about can't miss. He is a stud recruit and it sucks losing him. It's not the end of the world. You are clearly dense though.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
I might have been one that you counted as having insulted the OP. That may depend on whether you used his definition or not. In fact, my post referred to his attitude that he really didn't say that Fields was decommitting, only that he heard it. I don't like that attitude so I called him out for it (I didn't insult him but informed him that I heard about such insults). To be honest, I readily admit to knowing nothing about recruiting and didn't post anything about whether Fields would or wouldn't decommit. On that the OP was right unless he never really said that Fields would decommit ...

Since you responded (politely I might add) to me ... yes, I did include your following words in my definition of "taking a shot" at the OP. Only he can respond for himself as to whether or not he considered it as an insult.

"Just so I'm clear, if I say that I heard that you were a sausage-gargling monkey humper or that someone said that you'll never be the man your mother is, you won't mind because "I never stated it was true"? I thought I'd report what I heard. Cool."

You are an idiot.

You are pulling up someone from 20+ years ago as part of your reasoning. Yeah, Kendra and Fields are similar.

You are a pompous ass and dumb as hell to boot. You probably also are someone who likes to cite how many two stars become NFL stars. There is always anomalies.

Dan Kendra...LMAO. Way to dig way deep.

And stop putting words in my mouth/fingers. I never said anything about can't miss. He is a stud recruit and it sucks losing him. It's not the end of the world. You are clearly dense though.

LMFAO, more drivel from the drivel-spewer -- he never signed an LOI with PSU, so we never had him to "lose". Again, you're the same type of high school jock-sniffing clown that went on and on about how devastating the loss of Wimbush was.....and how uplifiting it would be for whoever got him.....again, PSU went 11-2 in the and won the B1G last year and ND went 4-8 LMFAO!

Laughable that you attach major league import to a teenager that has never played a down of DIA football announcing that he "has changed his mind", but such is the foibles of high school jock-sniffer such as yourself.... In the whole grand scheme of things, this is not that big a deal as PSU, CJF and JoMo demonstrated last year....

LMFAO, more drivel from the drivel-spewer -- he never signed an LOI with PSU, so we never had him to "lose". Again, you're the same type of high school jock-sniffing clown that went on and on about how devastating the loss of Wimbush was.....and how uplifiting it would be for whoever got him.....again, PSU went 11-2 in the and won the B1G last year and ND went 4-8 LMFAO!

Laughable that you attach major league import to a teenager that has never played a down of DIA football announcing that he "has changed his mind", but such is the foibles of high school jock-sniffer such as yourself.... In the whole grand scheme of things, this is not that big a deal as PSU, CJF and JoMo demonstrated last year....

You are seriously mistaking me for someone or you are just outright delusional. High school jock sniffer? I was an athlete and I don't live in die with the decisions of high school kids. I of course root for the kids to come to PSU that will represent the future success of PSU. What the hell? I am not even that far removed from college age and I follow recruiting like everyone on a freaking college football recruiting website, dumbass. You go on and keep making stuff up.

I am avoiding anything PSU related on Twitter because I have seen the things that our "fans" have said to these kids and it is sickening.

The crap on here is tame by comparison. People forget that these are kids.

More bull$hit from drivel-spewer teenage athlete jock-sniffer.....go figure!

I might have been one that you counted as having insulted the OP. That may depend on whether you used his definition or not. In fact, my post referred to his attitude that he really didn't say that Fields was decommitting, only that he heard it. I don't like that attitude so I called him out for it (I didn't insult him but informed him that I heard about such insults). To be honest, I readily admit to knowing nothing about recruiting and didn't post anything about whether Fields would or wouldn't decommit. On that the OP was right unless he never really said that Fields would decommit ...

No doubt, in addition his reported "rumor" (i.e., he'd "heard" second-hand that Fields was going to decommit from PSU) was not a "new" piece of information within the recruiting internet "rumor mill". The OP posted absolutely nothing that hadn't been posted many times before in the last several months (there was a published report in February of this year that Justin had received an offer from Florida and was "rumored" to be speaking with them, liked them and possibly had even made an unofficial visit there.... The OP deserves to be insulted for the teenage, jock-sniffing twit he is who attaches great import to teenage created, and propagated, mello-dramas for the purpose of flaming and trolling the board....

That's funny because all the replies I got said I was a troll and Fields was solid to PSU. And I was a troll spreading fake rumors. His Twitter account listed him as a commitment blah blah blah. And if information is solid what difference does I make if you hear it second hand or fifth hand? Nobody even bothered to ask any follow up questions to see if I was trolling. But NOW it's " we heard this and it was in other threads". If it was gone over so much then why all the attacks? Seems people would just roll their eyes and pass it by. And now I deserve to still be insulted? LOL I get it, the info wasn't what any fan wanted to hear. So now it's shoot the messenger. Get a freaking grip.

I don't even think I have ever been any kind of argument with anyone on a message board, especially here. Excepting you now. Someone who is completely full of crap and outright making things up. And apparently has jocks on his mind while typing every sentence.

I am avoiding anything PSU related on Twitter because I have seen the things that our "fans" have said to these kids and it is sickening.

The crap on here is tame by comparison. People forget that these are kids.
I agree I've seen worse, but it's all unnecessary.
You're right. They're kids, and if the flip was in our direction, many here would be praising Fields' wisdom in changing his mind. It's a decision that will affect him for the rest of his life. Better for all parties that he make the right one.

I agree I've seen worse, but it's all unnecessary.
You're right. They're kids, and if the flip was in our direction, many here would be praising Fields' wisdom in changing his mind. It's a life altering decision. Better for all parties that he make the right one.

Disappointing yes but remember as on here not all these fans are PSU fans ... numerous are other school fans creating fake handles and trolling looking like PSU fans talking ish to recruits ... would not surprise in the least if many of them were UF fans posing as PSU fans

Disappointing yes but remember as on here not all these fans are PSU fans ... numerous are other school fans creating fake handles and trolling looking like PSU fans talking ish to recruits ... would not surprise in the least if many of them were UF fans posing as PSU fans

This is a good point. We have fans, unfortunately that do this also.

True, but I see names I know are ours and some of their comments are disconcerting.

Reactions: bwifan
Oh good lord. It aint happening.

And why would Georgia have any insight at all, they are most likely not even taking a QB this year.

Maybe because he's a GA QB and people with connections in Georgia still follow his recruitment? And Georgia is still recruiting him. He's a player you make room for and can't pass up if there is mutual interest.

True, but I see names I know are ours and some of their comments are disconcerting.

I remember some of the stuff that was directed at Ficken whenever he was struggling and the fact that the kid fought through that stuff and came out on the winning end of it was an amazing story.

Outright death threats. To a college kid.

No. You do not deserve to be insulted. You were sincere and - as it turns out - correct.

I came here to apologize only to him basically because I was one of the jerks though I only said he was making it up.

Then some nut started calling me a jocksniffer for some reason. Bothers me because while I enjoy following recruiting I can't take someone that is either mistaking me for someone else that is maniacal with recruiting or just embellishing things for the sake of argument.

Legit questions.

Kid hasn't played a CFB down and is a junior.

What is the competition like he's playing against?

What if he gets injured?

A lot of people here shitting their pants over nothing.

Reactions: rudeboycane
I came here to apologize only to him basically because I was one of the jerks though I only said he was making it up.

Then some nut started calling me a jocksniffer for some reason. Bothers me because while I enjoy following recruiting I can't take someone that is either mistaking me for someone else that is maniacal with recruiting or just embellishing things for the sake of argument.
Experience has taught us all to be skeptical of such claims.

The name calling and insults are - as we older folk used to say - JV.

I agree. What difference does it make if he had inside information or just made a lucky guess? The point is, the information turned out to be accurate. Even if it was a guess, what's the harm in letting him take credit for it?
Indeed. Logically, we don't know which it was and that doesn't even matter.

Reactions: fairgambit
That's funny because all the replies I got said I was a troll and Fields was solid to PSU. And I was a troll spreading fake rumors. His Twitter account listed him as a commitment blah blah blah. And if information is solid what difference does I make if you hear it second hand or fifth hand? Nobody even bothered to ask any follow up questions to see if I was trolling. But NOW it's " we heard this and it was in other threads". If it was gone over so much then why all the attacks? Seems people would just roll their eyes and pass it by. And now I deserve to still be insulted? LOL I get it, the info wasn't what any fan wanted to hear. So now it's shoot the messenger. Get a freaking grip.
Not condoning any of the crap in this thread, but if you don;t understand where it is coming from, you should read the 2018 recruiting thread. Fields de-committing has been brought up weekly in that thread.
Actually, the only suggestion I would make is you should have put it in that thread. Less people would have seen it, and you only would have been scolded/insulted by 3-4, not 30.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
He told you information that Fields was on the verge of decommitting immediately ... and then Fields decommitted within 24 hours. Face it he had correct information and you were wrong. Man up.

People have been saying this since he committed, including The Collegian. OP said a 'GA QB' was on the verge of decommitting and that Fields was likely. OP lucked out with his timing - good for him; but his news was almost certainly inevitable. The fact that you guys think he's the next Carnac is hilarious.

I never posted all the information. The QB was never mentioned by name. That was probably due to his respect to whomever gave him the info. But if you read it there was no doubt it was Fields. And I left out details such as its a "done deal". There are people who actually know things and are reliable. He has a hell of a proven track record. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Being in Georgia most of it has nothing to do with PSU. This one did so I posted it. If you think it was luck so be it.

Not condoning any of the crap in this thread, but if you don;t understand where it is coming from, you should read the 2018 recruiting thread. Fields de-committing has been brought up weekly in that thread.
Actually, the only suggestion I would make is you should have put it in that thread. Less people would have seen it, and you only would have been scolded/insulted by 3-4, not 30.

No doubt.....the rambling posts and screeds of the jock-sniffers of this teenage melodrama, and its supposed dire consequences for PSU Football, is beyond pathetic....beyond sad really, especially when they start ironically claiming that anyone who refuses to deify their pontifications is behaving childishly....

I never posted all the information. The QB was never mentioned by name. That was probably due to his respect to whomever gave him the info. But if you read it there was no doubt it was Fields. And I left out details such as its a "done deal". There are people who actually know things and are reliable. He has a hell of a proven track record. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Being in Georgia most of it has nothing to do with PSU. This one did so I posted it. If you think it was luck so be it.

Okay - you were right. Your information panned out. Great. Most here, myself included, were aware that Fields' commitment was tenuous at best given how far he's risen lately and how much pressure there is to stay close to home; had to figure he would re-open his recruitment at some point 'officially' (noting he said he was 'keeping his options open' months ago). Maybe you haven't been around (thus the new moniker) much lately, but when folks here (who are plenty salty about plenty of things...) see a) new moniker, b) few posts, c) a 'stirring of the pot' kind of vague post that ends with 'hope I'm wrong,' well, we're suspicious. Moreover, it is troll-like behavior to start a new thread about a topic discussed thoroughly in an exhaustive and comprehensive manner in another thread, especially when it's bad news.

I have to ask - why was this one topic (Fields and his impending decommitment) the impetus for your return to BWI?

Good Lord you are a nauseating moron - this rumor has been being published daily somewhere on the internet, including the recruiting string on this very board, since at least February of this year - i.e., 5 months ago! Give it a rest Francis!

Last edited:
Good Lord you are a nauseating moron - this moron has been being published daily somewhere on the internet, including the recruiting string on this very board, since at least February of this year - i.e., 5 months ago! Give it a rest Francis!

Welcome back, Bushie. I'm humbled that you chose a play on my name for your latest incarnation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT