ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommitting?

Micah Parsons, Kevin Jones, Tyrelle Pryor, Dan Kendra (some were unofficial verbals), as well as recent high 4 star players such as Bleich, Lavert Hill, Dylan Rivers,

LOL! Kevin Jones, from 17 years ago, is part of the trend??? Dan Kendra, 23 years ago??? Bleich is a "high 4 star"???

after-show-gif.gif

That may be funny, but factual. You asked.

Jones - never committed.
Pryor - never committed.

Kendra and Parsons fit the bill if we're talking absolute five stars. I can't recall any other legit five star prospect we lost after receiving a verbal though. If anything, I'd say PSU's attrition rate with verbals overall is better than most other big time programs (and getting better). And don't forget for every Dylan Rivers, there is an Ellis Brooks.

Micah Parsons, Kevin Jones, Tyrelle Pryor, Dan Kendra (some were unofficial verbals), as well as recent high 4 star players such as Bleich, Lavert Hill, Dylan Rivers,

So, in order to prove your assertion that PSU has a track record of 5 stars decommitting you had to:
- make up the term "unofficial verbals"
- lie about Pryor committing to PSU
- go back 15+ years for Jones (who also never committed) and 20+ years for Kendra
- magically turn 3 4-star recruits into 5-stars

You sure proved your point. Bravo!

So, in order to prove your assertion that PSU has a track record of 5 stars decommitting you had to:
- go back 15+ years for Jones (who also never committed) and 20+ years for Kendra

What I want to know is what is an "official verbal."

We can easily come up with a much longer list of 5* recruits that committed to PSU and stayed committed. Citing 2 or 3 players and calling that a trend is stupid.

Well, I tried, admittedly not that well. I still think though that many people on here are overly shell shocked by the Parsons decommitment, when in fact we still have a shot at keeping him. This is my last post on this thread though :)

Reactions: TheGLOV
PSU has benefited a lot more from decommits a lot more than it has lost in recent years. Starting, of course, with Mr. Barkley. Flipping Hansard from Florida was big -- he's potentially one of the key members of the 2017 class.

If Parsons does in fact go elsewhere, there will be gnashing of teeth but PSU fans should console themselves by remembering (if they can remember) Tommy Schutt. Schutt was a 5 star DL who, after flipping from PSU to tOSU, never made a ripple on the college football world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Smails

Bleich?!?! You have got to be kidding me. The kid was full of himself, and it just so happens within a week of him "decommitting" we got a commitment from a way more highly rated player at his position. Two higher rated kids in fact.

Parsons isn't over yet, in fact he will be on campus tomorrow with his father.

Pryor? dodged a bullet there. Kevin Jones never amounted to much. Kendra turned out to be more of a center than a QB. Rivers transferred because he missed his mommy.

Lavert Hill, that is all you got. And he chose to stay closer to home. Every single school has decommits and that includes Bama.

PSU has benefited a lot more from decommits a lot more than it has lost in recent years. Starting, of course, with Mr. Barkley. Flipping Hansard from Florida was big -- he's potentially one of the key members of the 2017 class.

If Parsons does in fact go elsewhere, there will be gnashing of teeth but PSU fans should console themselves by remembering (if they can remember) Tommy Schutt. Schutt was a 5 star DL who, after flipping from PSU to tOSU, never made a ripple on the college football world.

Schutt was among a group of 5 or 6 that went with Urban Meyer, correct? I don't trust my memory on players who have not been or are not currently Nittany Lions. I think there was a LB, Williams; DB, Reeves; DE, Spence (though he never "officially" ;) committed), Schutt, and 1 or 2 others. Did any of those guys turn out to be outstanding players?

Bleich?!?! You have got to be kidding me. The kid was full of himself, and it just so happens within a week of him "decommitting" we got a commitment from a way more highly rated player at his position. Two higher rated kids in fact.

Parsons isn't over yet, in fact he will be on campus tomorrow with his father.

Pryor? dodged a bullet there. Kevin Jones never amounted to much. Kendra turned out to be more of a center than a QB. Rivers transferred because he missed his mommy.

Lavert Hill, that is all you got. And he chose to stay closer to home. Every single school has decommits and that includes Bama.

Well, there are other high profile guys who may or may not have done well at PSU - LB Leon Williams (picked Miami after verbal to PSU), DE Dominique Easley (five star by Rivals, Florida), and DT Thomas Holley (also picked Florida). Still, I contend we benefit more than we lose from verbal flips.

Schutt was among a group of 5 or 6 that went with Urban Meyer, correct? I don't trust my memory on players who have not been or are not currently Nittany Lions. I think there was a LB, Williams; DB, Reeves; DE, Spence (though he never "officially" ;) committed), Schutt, and 1 or 2 others. Did any of those guys turn out to be outstanding players?

Spence got kicked out of OSU but was a contributor until then. He's now playing for Tampa Bay. Williams and Reeves were also big contributors. OSU went 12-0 in 2012, 12-2 in 2013, 14-1 in 2014, and 12-1 in 2015. These guys were a part of it.

PSU went 8-4 in 2012 including very close losses vs. Ohio & Virginia. If we had Fortt, Redd, Brown, Fera, etc. we probably would have been 12-2 at worse. The 2012 recruiting class was ranked in the top 5 nationally before the JS crap hit the fan. Just think how much better we would have been from 2013 - 2015 if we had been able to retain the kids you mentioned.

Maybe he wants to test himself academically and go to ASU (Song that Remains the Same is gonna kill me for this, but I had to post this photo once I saw it):

wsWqA4O.jpg

Spence got kicked out of OSU but was a contributor until then. He's now playing for Tampa Bay. Williams and Reeves were also big contributors. OSU went 12-0 in 2012, 12-2 in 2013, 14-1 in 2014, and 12-1 in 2015. These guys were a part of it.

PSU went 8-4 in 2012 including very close losses vs. Ohio & Virginia. If we had Fortt, Redd, Brown, Fera, etc. we probably would have been 12-2 at worse. The 2012 recruiting class was ranked in the top 5 nationally before the JS crap hit the fan. Just think how much better we would have been from 2013 - 2015 if we had been able to retain the kids you mentioned.

Thanks for answering my question about those guys from 2012. With James Franklin at the helm, those days will be no more.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
I've been a fan since I was a little kid, but some of you need to remove the stick that is jammed in your rear.

I get it...
All the recruits are coming and those who decommit are heathen pieces of shit. The PSU administration is/was innocent and there is a grand conspiracy to destroy PSU including Mark Emmert, Freeh, and the Taliban. Mt Nittany is more majestic than Mt Washington. Our cheerleaders are hotter than USC's...

:)

I've been a fan since I was a little kid, but some of you need to remove the stick that is jammed in your rear.

I get it...
All the recruits are coming and those who decommit are heathen pieces of shit. The PSU administration is/was innocent and there is a grand conspiracy to destroy PSU including Mark Emmert, Freeh, and the Taliban. Mt Nittany is more majestic than Mt Washington. Our cheerleaders are hotter than USC's...

Maxdouche troll alert...

Reactions: ejb25

Williams was mostly a special teams player. His senior season he had 12 tackles. 8 unassisted 4 assists

Nobody said any of this on the thread. You're just being a douche.

I get it...

Oh I figured it out a**hole. Like I said real classy. And of course the typical coward at the keyboard comment. You want to attack me for a post that's fine. But going where you did shows your a pathetic person.

Well my brother's cousin twice removed's neighbor said you are mean. Grow up man

Surprised no mention of the most famous 5 star silent verbal Chris Simms. I think Phil retired "silent verbal"'after that.

Well, there are other high profile guys who may or may not have done well at PSU - LB Leon Williams (picked Miami after verbal to PSU), DE Dominique Easley (five star by Rivals, Florida), and DT Thomas Holley (also picked Florida). Still, I contend we benefit more than we lose from verbal flips.
These are the names I was looking for. Thank You!

ADVERTISEMENT