ADVERTISEMENT

Fields decommitting?

Hope this isn't true. Was texting with my son in law who is a huge Georgia fan and season ticket holder. He said an insider on the premium board posted a GA QB was on the verge of decommitting. Didn't mention Fields by name but he copied the post and texted it to me. Very obvious the QB is Fields. Says Auburn, FSU and FLA are the main players. I know I'll be called out on this as a troll and I debated on posting this because of that. I'm just relaying what I heard and hope it's not true.

Everybody knock it off!

This too shall pass.

Hope this isn't true. Was texting with my son in law who is a huge Georgia fan and season ticket holder. He said an insider on the premium board posted a GA QB was on the verge of decommitting. Didn't mention Fields by name but he copied the post and texted it to me. Very obvious the QB is Fields. Says Auburn, FSU and FLA are the main players. I know I'll be called out on this as a troll and I debated on posting this because of that. I'm just relaying what I heard and hope it's not true.
I'm assuming it's because Moorhead told Fields that he's changing his playbook after this season? All plays will be run under center in the I formation with 2 TE's?:rolleyes:

We've been reading Southern fans and reporters say for months that Fields is going to decommitt. They're absolutely positive it will happen any day now.
Threads like these serve no purpose other than to rile up a fan base. There are plenty of threads and posts about Fields and others - posting unsubstantiated 'premium board' rumors about recruits is trolling - period.

Exactly. Put it in the recruiting thread.

I know where this comes from. On 680 the fan today, a UGA recruiting expert said that of the 3 5 star QBs NOT going to Georgia, HE thinks hey have a shot with Fields. No info... just a guess on his part. My guess is that it's a cocky SEC comment since Fields is going waaaay up north. Everything I've seen so far sounds like he's a pretty firm commit to Penn State but ya just never know

Reactions: TheGLOV
Threads like these serve no purpose other than to rile up a fan base. There are plenty of threads and posts about Fields and others - posting unsubstantiated 'premium board' rumors about recruits is trolling - period.
We've been reading Southern fans and reporters say for months that Fields is going to decommitt. They're absolutely positive it will happen any day now.

Serves the purpose of getting attention, which is all I suspect he was after

LOL,
I was just talking to a good friend who lives in Atlanta who heard the same thing. Said the pressure from the SEC is just too great on keeping him in the south. My buddy says don't post anything you will get crucified. He just sent me a text that referred me to this thread and said
"see what I mean, that poor dope will never post again"

At least he didn't say it was your daughter

(He still hasn't figured that out yet!)

Oh I figured it out a**hole. Like I said real classy. And of course the typical coward at the keyboard comment. You want to attack me for a post that's fine. But going where you did shows your a pathetic person.

(He still hasn't figured that out yet!)

I was prepared to totally discount the original post until I realized the poster has Nittany in his name. It's got to be true.

As some reasonable people posted I never stated it was true. So please point out where I said that. As I said I don't post here much and thought I'd report what I heard. But if fellow PSU fans treat their own like this for passing on info I'll stop posting. Really not worth the abuse and seeing how people turn on someone. Too many posters with attitude here ready to slam anyone they don't agree with.

As some reasonable people posted I never stated it was true. So please point out where I said that. As I said I don't post here much and thought I'd report what I heard. But if fellow PSU fans treat their own like this for passing on info I'll stop posting. Really not worth the abuse and seeing how people turn on someone. Too many posters with attitude here ready to slam anyone they don't agree with.
you have earned no credibility here
you pass off unattributed rumors
you're clueless as to why this upsets PSU fans
you appear to be seeking attention yourself

if you're a troll, you're not a good one
if you're a PSU fan, you're not a good one

This is quite the amusing post given that Justin Fields' own twitter page lists himself as a "Penn State Commit" - so in essence you are disagreeing with Fields himself and attempting to speak for him.....yea, that's real "classy" behavior on your part!

And before you start more of your absurdities about this really being about people "disagreeing" with you, please point anyone to even a remote shred of evidence that Justin Fields has said anything remotely similar to what you claim. The FACT is that Justin Fields lists himself as a PSU Commit on social media and there is not a single credible statement from Fields that in any way supports your statement! Nice try but there is no "disagreement" about the facts here - there's just the facts (i.e., Fields' statements to-date) and your bull$hit.

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
Oh I figured it out a**hole. Like I said real classy. And of course the typical coward at the keyboard comment. You want to attack me for a post that's fine. But going where you did shows your a pathetic person.

It's not "your" a pathetic person, it's "you're" a pathetic person.

An honest question for you......why even post what you posted here, what purpose did it serve? Did you actually think this was "breaking news", that we had never heard a rumor (or a hundred or a thousand rumors) like this? And we were all gonna jump up and thank you and congratulate you on this earth-shattering post?

There was nothing.....NOTHING.....to gain by posting this daily dribble here yesterday.

Reactions: LionJim
Obviously, you haven't read this board over the past six years. So many fake accounts opened just to come and troll. So many posters from other boards showing up to post vile, vulgar, and hurtful things. This board is always on edge over it. You have 8 posts over a couple weeks. You come to intimate that a 5 star may decommit. You can't see how that may set people off, here?

Just so I'm clear, if I say that I heard that you were a sausage-gargling monkey humper or that someone said that you'll never be the man your mother is, you won't mind because "I never stated it was true"? I thought I'd report what I heard. Cool.

Reactions: humpydudas19
Come on guys.... give #PinnochioPat some credit. Since all of the lies he was spewing last year blew up in his face, he decided to make a rivals account and call himself GeorgiaNittany. Pat, you should be focusing on your NFL job search instead of goofing around on a PSU site.

welcome2BWI.jpg

Seriously what is the point of posting something like this - you have no real "facts" just rumors. What is to be gained other than "look at me I know something you don't". I have a friend in Kennesaw whose son goes to the same school as Justin ans says he is all PSU, does that mean he ends up here - I have no idea it's "just what I heard".

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard

Hang in there GN44. Most of the time, this board is a great place to visit to engage in discussions on just about any topic one can think of whether it be football related or not. Quite a bit of knowledge is shared on just about any subject imaginable. It's a great place to see many sides of the same issue and one can certainly learn from these discussions.

But, every now and then, the board can really display an ugliness that is uncalled for among those of us that share the same background and passions (PSU football). Over the past 6 months, I have made 4 separate posts stating my opinion that I believed JF would eventually decide to enroll in a school much closer to his home in GA. My opinion was based upon my belief that he and his family would eventually decide they would prefer that he stay closer to home so that it would be easier for them to see him every weekend considering the distance involved in traveling each weekend to locales such as State College, Ann Arbor, Columbus, etc. vs. Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, Auburn, etc. etc.

I didn't trash the kid, his family, the PSU program, other schools, etc. I simply stated my opinion no differently than if I had stated I like chocolate better than vanilla. Well, I received the same type of insults, abuse, outrage, and scorn as you see exhibited in the responses to your post. A couple of the posters were so infuriated by opinion that they let me know they were putting me on ignore. Laughable .... I mean you really need to take a good look at your mindset if you are so emotionally involved in where some 17 year old kid might go to college that it literally physically and mentally upsets you if someone says "I think he is going to stay closer to home".

I saw your post and I certainly believe your intent was to say "hey, I live down here in GA near and here is what I heard from their network". Harmless, but somehow, people get really touchy about this situation. I have no problem with people that would respond to your post (or mine) with their opinion along the lines of "no, I don't think he is going to go elsewhere because of this, that, or the other". I really don't understand why people feel they need to respond with personal attacks, but that's the nature of the internet.

Hang in there GN44. Most of the time, this board is a great place to visit to engage in discussions on just about any topic one can think of whether it be football related or not. Quite a bit of knowledge is shared on just about any subject imaginable. It's a great place to see many sides of the same issue and one can certainly learn from these discussions.

But, every now and then, the board can really display an ugliness that is uncalled for among those of us that share the same background and passions (PSU football). Over the past 6 months, I have made 4 separate posts stating my opinion that I believed JF would eventually decide to enroll in a school much closer to his home in GA. My opinion was based upon my belief that he and his family would eventually decide they would prefer that he stay closer to home so that it would be easier for them to see him every weekend considering the distance involved in traveling each weekend to locales such as State College, Ann Arbor, Columbus, etc. vs. Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, Auburn, etc. etc.

I didn't trash the kid, his family, the PSU program, other schools, etc. I simply stated my opinion no differently than if I had stated I like chocolate better than vanilla. Well, I received the same type of insults, abuse, outrage, and scorn as you see exhibited in the responses to your post. A couple of the posters were so infuriated by opinion that they let me know they were putting me on ignore. Laughable .... I mean you really need to take a good look at your mindset if you are so emotionally involved in where some 17 year old kid might go to college that it literally physically and mentally upsets you if someone says "I think he is going to stay closer to home".

I saw your post and I certainly believe your intent was to say "hey, I live down here in GA near and here is what I heard from their network". Harmless, but somehow, people get really touchy about this situation. I have no problem with people that would respond to your post (or mine) with their opinion along the lines of "no, I don't think he is going to go elsewhere because of this, that, or the other". I really don't understand why people feel they need to respond with personal attacks, but that's the nature of the internet.

The fact that you don't get this is very telling.

Create your account and participate with the forum. It isn't that difficult. No, you create an account and the very first thing you are going to post is some BS that their top recruit is going to decommit... and you don't see anything objectively wrong with that? Dare you to go to ANY other school and do this and I bet you dollar to dollar you will receive the exact same treatment... if not a hell of a lot worse.

problem is, you didnt state it as a matter of opinion, you stated (repeatedly) as a matter of fact, as recently in the Emory Jones thread :

"There are quite a number of posters who are "all-in" emotionally with JF and they are setting themselves up for quite a disappointment when he ultimately chooses a school much closer to home. Undoubtedly, there will be a number of posts trashing him, his family, and of course, blaming the $EC bagmen for his ultimate decision."

If an opinion is not based on something, anything, factual then it's useless. So, do you have ANY information to support your opinion other than your silly belief than NO highly rated recruit will EVER come north to go to school simply based on distance? Everyone with a PSU pulse knows there is a small chance that he may not end up at PSU, that's the nature of recruiting, but based on the recruit's own words and all public information at this time there are NO signs of a pending decommit. Knowing this, what's the point of posting this kind of inflammatory contrarian nonsense? You or the OP'r simply can not have any legitimate factual information to provide some validity to your opinions, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

I love scoops and inside info even if it is just far fetched streches but the originator of this post is making stuff up. I know someone that posts on the Georgia premium board.

They would really like for him to open his recruitment up no doubt. He is recruiting for PSU.

The main reason this thread is taking such great notice is that our success rate of keeping verbally committed 5 star athletes has had a poor track record. We all seem to anxiously wait for the next disappointment to occur. My gut feeling on this 1 is that Fields WILL sign with us on a hopefully early signing day!

The main reason this thread is taking such great notice is that our success rate of keeping verbally committed 5 star athletes has had a poor track record. We all seem to anxiously wait for the next disappointment to occur. My gut feeling on this 1 is that Fields WILL sign with us on a hopefully early signing day!

Simmons, Sanders, Menet were 5 stars on at least one of the recruiting services.

Too funny, "your opinion" directly conflicts with what Justin Fields has stated publicly and is currently publishing "on the internet", but according to you, your baseless, wholly-unsupported "opinion" matters more than Justin Fields' own public statements and published words "on the internet". What kind of @sshole believes his own baseless "opinions" (i.e., completely created soap-opera gossip) are more important than the principal subject's own statements on the matter? LMFAO, only a complete fraud douche troll would write a multi-paragraph composition on how much more important his own opinion is than the actual words and actions of the recruit.

Reactions: bytir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT