ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

Spencer also appears to have the personality of a wall. Not saying he’s a bad dude but I can’t see how he attracts recruits. If he ends up as Iowa’s next HC that will be a great day for PSU
what-is-your-personaliy-personality.png

That is indeed a very odd comparison. Their stories/ issues are NOTHING alike.
Yes, I don’t have Facebook and not aware of that post. However, right on. Their stories and situations are nothing alike, and whoever is comparing the situations as similar is missing the mark.

So his only chance for Olympic Qualification is the Last Chance in Virginia the first week of April? Only other options are the 2024 NCAA Champion and the Pan American champion I think. He'd be a 97kg guy and no way a 86kg guy. Would love to see him qualify somehow and be able to be in State College for the final qualification April 19/20. I'm certain he'd get a warm reception. 🖕😬🖕

So his only chance for Olympic Qualification is the Last Chance in Virginia the first week of April? Only other options are the 2024 NCAA Champion and the Pan American champion I think. He'd be a 97kg guy and no way a 86kg guy. Would love to see him qualify somehow and be able to be in State College for the final qualification April 19/20. I'm certain he'd get a warm reception. 🖕😬🖕
When was the last time he wrestled in a freestyle competition?

Does he need to be enrolled in school to take an Olympic?
No. In fact, I don’t think he’s allowed to be enrolled. The idea of ORS is that you’re supposed to be at an offsite Olympic training center preparing for the trials instead of going to school. We all know he’s doing exactly none of that and doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of making it even to the trials much less the actual Olympics and is only taking the ORS on a technicality because his behavior got him kicked off his second team, but it is what it is. Ethics is obviously not a strong suit with him.

No. In fact, I don’t think he’s allowed to be enrolled. The idea of ORS is that you’re supposed to be at an offsite Olympic training center preparing for the trials instead of going to school. We all know he’s doing exactly none of that and doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of making it even to the trials much less the actual Olympics and is only taking the ORS on a technicality because his behavior got him kicked off his second team, but it is what it is. Ethics is obviously not a strong suit with him.
Hmmm, is this all a big “strategic duck” Brooks facade??

lol. I mean if he’s never in school again he doesn’t even need an ORS.

And that’s wishful thinking.
Oh, gotcha. There is that possibility for sure. HE obviously wants to come back to Iowa, probably as much because nowhere else will take him, but Goetz getting the AD position full time is probably a bad sign for him.

Oh, gotcha. There is that possibility for sure. HE obviously wants to come back to Iowa, probably as much because nowhere else will take him, but Goetz getting the AD position full time is probably a bad sign for him.
And here all this time I was thinking the split/ finger salute was a bad sign. :)

I’m all for second chances. Maybe even a third. It usually is accompanied by a measure of humility. I’d he has any, it is unmeasurable.

Adult probation > Olympic red shirt.

AJ probably figures that once she sleeps with Mr. FastTwitch, she'll change her mind and let him into Iowa. :rolleyes::oops:

I don’t. But I do want Angelo.
It's certainly reasonable to want Angelo until the family sociopath gene presents in him, too. LOL. Seriously, if Angelo really is "the rational one", he should recognize by now that he isn't going to find a better place than Iowa and that he's much better off being there without the rest of the clown show. AJ's antics have destroyed any leverage the father has to make any school take the whole clown show because there aren't going to be schools lining up to take that psychopath anymore at all.

He has to take an ORS to save a year of eligibility since his clock started running at Ok St.
True that. From the definitions of NCAA transfer terms:

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to redshirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part time during your college career.

True that. From the definitions of NCAA transfer terms:

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to redshirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part time during your college career.
Yes. This is AJ's eligibility clock:

2021 FR - Champ (Covid free year)
2022 FR - Kicked out mid season (counts)
2023 RS - de facto RS year since he was nowhere dealing with his legal issues
2024 ORS - this year, not wrestling again & needs some sort of RS in order to not lose a year.
2025 SO Counts whether he wrestles or not
2026 JR Counts whether he wrestles or not
2027 SR Counts whether he wrestles or not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT