ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

No. In fact, I don’t think he’s allowed to be enrolled. The idea of ORS is that you’re supposed to be at an offsite Olympic training center preparing for the trials instead of going to school. We all know he’s doing exactly none of that and doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of making it even to the trials much less the actual Olympics and is only taking the ORS on a technicality because his behavior got him kicked off his second team, but it is what it is. Ethics is obviously not a strong suit with him.
For clarity: Olympic shirt allows the wrestler to not be enrolled. Effectively it waives the academic credits requirement for a year. But it does not prohibit enrollment or taking classes, even a full-time courseload.

For clarity: Olympic shirt allows the wrestler to not be enrolled. Effectively it waives the academic credits requirement for a year. But it does not prohibit enrollment or taking classes, even a full-time courseload.
AJ's course load would be 3 years of 1st grade taught at the local County prison.

One letter too much

simpsons-joke.gif

I posted worst case/best case IMO last year and it is humming right along the worst case ( from the perspective of the Iowa program future) rails at breakneck speed.

I can only hope he makes it to November without a major F-U. I know it's doable because he can operate without oversight and as long as he doesn't pull anything criminal the asshattery will merely be background white noise. But who knows.

I used to think fairly highly of Tom while reserving my disdain for Terry and the consistency of his childlike antics while in a position of authority (hey, everyone's entitled to lose their cool and learn from it, but Terry...). But the continued pursuit of this trainwreck is jarring. He's either an idiot or completely devoid of a backbone. I'm sure it's not the latter so I'm left with the former. When he gets tossed out on his ass at the end of this saga he'll have gotten exactly what he earned.

The only person that can save Tom now is AJ himself by fing up before the fall.

I posted worst case/best case IMO last year and it is humming right along the worst case ( from the perspective of the Iowa program future) rails at breakneck speed.

I can only hope he makes it to November without a major F-U. I know it's doable because he can operate without oversight and as long as he doesn't pull anything criminal the asshattery will merely be background white noise. But who knows.

I used to think fairly highly of Tom while reserving my disdain for Terry and the consistency of his childlike antics while in a position of authority (hey, everyone's entitled to lose their cool and learn from it, but Terry...). But the continued pursuit of this trainwreck is jarring. He's either an idiot or completely devoid of a backbone. I'm sure it's not the latter so I'm left with the former. When he gets tossed out on his ass at the end of this saga he'll have gotten exactly what he earned.

They’re doomed™

Beth Goetz can save him, too. Having a woman AD required to approve AJ with his past is not a small hurdle to clear.

I'll call it now. No way AJ makes it through one year without making an ass out of himself. I'll say July will be the time he has before he implodes. He's sled dog dumb and too egotistical to not **** up

I'll call it now. No way AJ makes it through one year without making an ass out of himself. I'll say July will be the time he has before he implodes. He's sled dog dumb and too egotistical to not **** up
He's off to a very poor start already.

His first 2 moves after the Soldier Salute debacle:
1. He drives a BMW and flexes that he is open to bids from other schools
2. He does an interview in which he makes up a story that nobody in their right mind believes (in addition to being refuted by video evidence) and takes no responsibility for the incident at all

He clearly is going to keep being himself and that is going to get exacerbated soon

He's off to a very poor start already.

His first 2 moves after the Soldier Salute debacle:
1. He drives a BMW and flexes that he is open to bids from other schools
2. He does an interview in which he makes up a story that nobody in their right mind believes (in addition to being refuted by video evidence) and takes no responsibility for the incident at all

He clearly is going to keep being himself and that is going to get exacerbated soon
3. Released a rap song about himself behind a collage of pics of him in an Iowa singlet that started with the one of him giving the Iowa parents section the finger.
4. Released a video of himself hocking magic rocks.

It never ends. I think hiring Goetz as the permanent AD was probably the final nail in the coffin for his college wrestling career.

3. Released a rap song about himself behind a collage of pics of him in an Iowa singlet that started with the one of him giving the Iowa parents section the finger.
4. Released a video of himself hocking magic rocks.

It never ends. I think hiring Goetz as the permanent AD was probably the final nail in the coffin for his college wrestling career.
Iowa, where wrestlers go to become legends.

Amid all the drama about AJ, I don't recall hearing why Anthony didn't join the roster.

He's not eligible for an Oly RS, is he?

Amid all the drama about AJ, I don't recall hearing why Anthony didn't join the roster.

He's not eligible for an Oly RS, is he?
Oh God no. Fredo can't even sniff an Olympic shirt -- though maybe he could smell one if AJ weren't soaked in Axe body spray.

Probably this is a family decision to keep the brothers together, and possibly hint that Angelo will go where the brothers go. Or maybe they don't want to pay full-price for Fredo to be a 3rd stringer.

Oh God no. Fredo can't even sniff an Olympic shirt -- though maybe he could smell one if AJ weren't soaked in Axe body spray.

Probably this is a family decision to keep the brothers together, and possibly hint that Angelo will go where the brothers go. Or maybe they don't want to pay full-price for Fredo to be a 3rd stringer.
I know this has already been said, but I love the Fredo nickname for Anthony…that’s absolute gold!

An old hiker’s worthless take: TB will do ANYthing (including photo posturing with AJ and appeasing Daddy Barbells) to have 4 straight years of 174-Arnold/184-Angelo. That includes knowledge that Fredo may never start and only a 1% chance AJ ever wrestles as a Hawk (don’t see AD Beth allowing the misogynist Birdboy to disgrace an Iowa singlet). TB's counting on no other school taking DimDaddy’s 3-or-none offer and Angelo staying put, and he's fine playing the fool to make it happen. I hope Neo's worth all the groveling done to get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUbluTX
An old hiker’s worthless take: TB will do ANYthing (including photo posturing with AJ and appeasing Daddy Barbells) to have 4 straight years of 174-Arnold/184-Angelo. That includes knowledge that Fredo may never start and only a 1% chance AJ ever wrestles as a Hawk (don’t see AD Beth allowing the misogynist Birdboy to disgrace an Iowa singlet). TB's counting on no other school taking DimDaddy’s 3-or-none offer and Angelo staying put, and he's fine playing the fool to make it happen. I hope Neo's worth all the groveling done to get him.
I'm going to disagree with your plot. I think he's after all three. We've seen him attempt to get PD3 on the team so we know TB has some serious judgement problems. In addition, he may just be in a little to deep with a certain slumlord billionaire who has a gargantuan ego.

I'm going to disagree with your plot. I think he's after all three. We've seen him attempt to get PD3 on the team so we know TB has some serious judgement problems. In addition, he may just be in a little to deep with a certain slumlord billionaire who has a gargantuan ego.
We know TB has had some serious judgement problems since high school. Whether what he got suspended for was a crime or not, it was very clearly a lack of good judgement.

In addition, he may just be in a little to deep with a certain slumlord billionaire who has a gargantuan ego.

That should be a caution for every coach.

I don't know if it's the case in Iowa City but when a whale dominates your NIL, he could soon try to dominate roster decisions.

Reactions: Agoodnap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT