ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Game of Thrones S8E3 - ‘The Long Night’ - Discussion Thread...

"If it wasn't for Arya, we would all be dead and part of the Night Kings army" -Sansa, probably early in the next episode.

Seriously, I've been the biggest Dany needs to die person on this board. After last night, for many of the reasons you list, not so much.
Danny has always been my favorite.....and Arya.....and Tyreon.

The after show with the writers explaining their thoughts on the events of the episode is really interesting and helps you understand things a little more clearly. This is especially true in regards to the Dothraki/Melisandre scene. The episode starts with people looking like they have no chance to people looking like they may have a glimmer of hope and then to people who looked like they just had their hearts ripped out of their chests and that was all before the real battle began. It really set the mood of what they were up against and it also caused Dany to basically go off the rails and ditch whatever plan her and Jon had for the Night King.

Did anyone read this? Would make Jon's role more significant than previously thought in this episode if true...

D5imjLQXoAEsmLS.jpg

Geez...I watched it last night for the fifth time...in a completely darkened room, sitting about 2 feet from the screen, and I still did not get that "go...." from Jon.
Maybe the 6th time will be the charm.
According to the kindly old man.... there is supposed to be a secret tunnel or way out of the castle, that I think he said led to the weirwood, and I assumed Arya used that to get pretty close to the NK.
Of course that would not preclude Jon from assisting her like that.
I felt Jon had just decided he was not going to die or let it all end, hiding behind a rock, and stood up to take his fate like a man so to speak.

Reactions: Nittany_93
Did anyone read this? Would make Jon's role more significant than previously thought in this episode if true...

D5imjLQXoAEsmLS.jpg
It's a nice thought but there's absolutely no support for it. You can't see Arya in that shot, Jon's scream is unintelligible, there's no reason to think that Jon would put her at risk like that (particularly since just 2 episodes ago he asks whether she's ever even used Needle), and the producers don't mention this at all in their post-show breakdown (and there would be no reason not to). Also, while it may add to the significance of Jon's role, it takes away from Arya accomplishing this on her own - which just seems more consistent with her story/character.

It's a nice thought but there's absolutely no support for it. You can't see Arya in that shot, Jon's scream is unintelligible, there's no reason to think that Jon would put her at risk like that (particularly since just 2 episodes ago he asks whether she's ever even used Needle), and the producers don't mention this at all in their post-show breakdown (and there would be no reason not to). Also, while it may add to the significance of Jon's role, it takes away from Arya accomplishing this on her own - which just seems more consistent with her story/character.

Well, closed captions tell the tale. He says go.

Well, closed captions tell the tale. He says go.

Really? If so, love that this is true and not some wild internet theory to boost Jon Snow's 'hero worthiness' (noting I love Snow and think he's the man!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not thrilled he is a targarian though. Perhaps the foundation they laid about the mad king and her bonehead brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT