ADVERTISEMENT

EURO 2020 Thread.

it seems that there were some really terrible English fans making fun of the crying 10 year old girl German fan on twitter etc

e87kgpn9re871.jpg

its a shame after such a great victory for England that some people can't just enjoy the win

Switzerland 0-1 Spain at the half. I only caught the last minute of play but saw Spain make a sublime run, foiled by a great tackle. Great soccer!

I just now caught the highlights. Spain seems to be putting on some really good pressure.

BS red card. Yellow sure, red ridiculous.
You must have missed that the player went in studs up and the left trailing leg brought down the player. Standard tackle that breaks ankles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spain:
1st kick -- had the goalie going the wrong way, and hit the post; no goal
2nd kick -- upper corner for a goal, 1-1, tie
3rd kick -- blocked by the GK, 1-1, tie (went low corner; keeper guessed right)
4th kick -- upper corner for a goal, 2-1, Spain (GK nearly got it)
5th kick -- (Spain scores it's over) lower corner for a goal, 3-1, Spain wins

Switzerland:
1st kick -- upper corner for a goal, 1-0, Swiss
2nd kick -- blocked by the GK on a weak effort, 1-1 tie
3rd kick -- blocked by the GK, 1-1, tie (went low corner, somewhat weak shot)
4th kick -- misses, went upper corner and shot high, 2-1, Spain

A couple of really weak efforts by Switzerland on the PKs, especially when they had the advantage after the 1st set of PKs.

Reactions: LionJim
Spain:
1st kick -- had the goalie going the wrong way, and hit the post; no goal
2nd kick -- upper corner for a goal, 1-1, tie
3rd kick -- blocked by the GK, 1-1, tie (went low corner; keeper guessed right)
4th kick -- upper corner for a goal, 2-1, Spain (GK nearly got it)
5th kick -- (Spain scores it's over) lower corner for a goal, 3-1, Spain wins

Switzerland:
1st kick -- upper corner for a goal, 1-0, Swiss
2nd kick -- blocked by the GK on a weak effort, 1-1 tie
3rd kick -- blocked by the GK, 1-1, tie (went low corner, somewhat weak shot)
4th kick -- misses, went upper corner and shot high, 2-1, Spain

A couple of really weak efforts by Switzerland on the PKs, especially when they had the advantage after the 1st set of PKs.
In case anyone hasn’t already figured it out, I’m Pepper and McAndrew is Cotton.

Reactions: Woodpecker
In case anyone hasn’t already figured it out, I’m Pepper and McAndrew is Cotton.

lol

BTW, sorry for going OT in the thread, but I meant to pass this along to you. A few days ago, I happened to be driving in your old neck of the woods. I was using Google Maps, and had to get off at the Neshaminy exit of Route 1. I'm not going to even try to convey to you phonetically what Siri/Google Maps did, in terms of butchering, the name of the exit. I did think of you as I heard the mispronunciation.

Reactions: LionJim
lol

BTW, sorry for going OT in the thread, but I meant to pass this along to you. A few days ago, I happened to be driving in your old neck of the woods. I was using Google Maps, and had to get off at the Neshaminy exit of Route 1. I'm not going to even try to convey to you phonetically what Siri/Google Maps did, in terms of butchering, the name of the exit. I did think of you as I heard the mispronunciation.
(In my best Pepper imitation) Well, Cotton, if Siri kept mispronouncing your location, how did you know where you were?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Insigne with a goal at the 43 minute mark to put Italy up 2-0. What a perfect strike.

PK awarded to Belgium in stoppage time in the 1st half. A shove in the back by the defender. VAR is checking; call is confirmed. Lukaku scores for Belgium on the PK, making it 2-1, Italy.

Final, 2-1, Italy. Wild 2nd half, but no goals.

Italy - Spain in the semis on Tuesday.

SIAP, but did DeBruyne play for Belgium?
Yes, but didn’t have much effect. Seemed a step slow, maybe.
Apparently DeBruyne played with torn ligaments in his ankle. Tough guy. (I had known he was not at 100% but didn’t realize the severity of his injury.)

I should point out that late in the match he took a touch free kick into the box that required mad skills. It couldn’t have been better executed. (I’m feeling a little bad for dismissing him the way I did.)

Last edited:
Reactions: NewEra 2014
Czech Republic 0-1 Denmark now at 22’. I missed the goal. Again, I’m watching top-level soccer.

It’s nice to watch without a dog in the fight (Germany).

Last edited:
Czech Republic 0-1 Denmark now at 22’. I missed the goal. Again, I’m watching top-level soccer.

It’s nice to watch without a dog in the fight (Germany).
Denmark just made one of the greatest runs ever. It is a crying shame the keeper got there in time, no goal. Damn, that was sublime.

the Czech Republic gets a goal, making it 2-1, Denmark. Since then, the Czech Republic has been controlling the ball, but hasn't been able to get the equalizer. 10 minutes left in the match.

Reactions: beaver stadium
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT