ADVERTISEMENT

EURO 2020 Thread.

OT (while we wait for tomorrow's final): Any thoughts on tonight's Argentina - Brazil match for the Copa América championship?

8pm ET on Fox Sports 1.

It should be fun. Messi and Neymar.
vs Brando? ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Just caught the last few minutes of the Argentina game, but hope to watch it tomorrow...now on to the Gold Cup. Fun first half in Mexico-T&T, with Mexico outshooting them 19-3 and 85-15 possession advantage, but still scoreless.

Pretty bad injury for Chucky Lozano, who is probably Mexico’s best player on this squad. I doubt we see him again in this tourney.

Mexico-T&T was an insane game...won’t see many scoreless draws that crazy...also expect some serious fallout from more homophobic chants tonight; game got stopped twice, and they did it louder than ever an the game’s final goal kick. And the Lozano injury could keep him out for a while, as it was ugly.

8pm ET on Fox Sports 1.

It should be fun. Messi and Neymar.
I caught the last 30’. Rough as hell; nine yellow cards combined. Messi goes down really easily, just saying. Maybe it was the game, maybe it was me, but this match was a lot less enjoyable than European soccer. I’m curious if other posters feel the same way.

I caught the last 30’. Rough as hell; nine yellow cards combined. Messi goes down really easily, just saying. Maybe it was the game, maybe it was me, but this match was a lot less enjoyable than European soccer. I’m curious if other posters feel the same way.

Absolutely. The diving makes it nearly unwatchable at times. The ref actually did a good job not calling multiple dives, but it frustrates me that more yellow cards are not given out for simulation. Neymar in particular is maddening, because he is so, so good. If you did not know better you could have easily assumed Neymar was the best player in the world. He influenced the game far more than Messi. Messi tripping over the ball with a chance to put the game away was amazing.

Absolutely. The diving makes it nearly unwatchable at times. The ref actually did a good job not calling multiple dives, but it frustrates me that more yellow cards are not given out for simulation. Neymar in particular is maddening, because he is so, so good. If you did not know better you could have easily assumed Neymar was the best player in the world. He influenced the game far more than Messi. Messi tripping over the ball with a chance to put the game away was amazing.
Lol about the “amazing.” It was a perfect set up, perfectly constructed, epic fail. You could see the other players laughing at it.

Lol about the “amazing.” It was a perfect set up, perfectly constructed, epic fail. You could see the other players laughing at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Midfield passing didn't seem as sharp as that in the Euros but it could be due to the high degree of physicality of both defenses.

Reactions: LionJim

Also, reminder that we open the Gold Cup tonight against Haiti...probably about a B- squad that we’ve sent, but still expecting us to make the final (and would be a disappointing result if we don’t).

PKs

Italy
1: went low corner for a goal, 1-0, Italy
2. went low corner, but blocked by GK, 1-1
3. Bonucci goes high corner and scores, 2-2
4. goes right down the middle for a goal, 3-2, Italy
5. goes low corner, partially blocked and hits the post, no goal, 3-2, Italy

England
1. Kane puts it into the side (perfect shot) for a goal, 1-1
2. Maguire goes high corner for a goal, 2-1, England
3. hits the post and goes wide, 2-2
4. goes low corner, but blocked by GK, 3-2, Italy
5. goes low corner, but blocked by GK, and Italy wins, 3-2 on PKs!!!!!!

entertaining match

and the drought for England continues for championships. Tough way to lose on their home soil.

Fun match. Gotta feel bad for those guys that missed, but happy for Chiellini and I'm sure Buffon was smiling watching those saves.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT