ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is going to win the B1G west

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
After they ‘6to4-ed’ Wisconsin last night. The MVP was Iowa punter who had ten punts averaging over 50 yards per punt (many inside the 20 so could have been a longer average. The kid only has punted into the end zone once all season). Wisconsin had 8 punts averaging 43. 18 punts in the game!

Iowa has 37 yards passing!

After the game they were asking if there was ever a more Iowa game than this. I was yelling 6 to 4 at the tv.

Last edited:
After they ‘6to4-ed’ Wisconsin last night. The MVP was Iowa punter who had ten punts averaging over 50 yards per punt (many inside the 20 so could have been a longer average. The kid only has punted into the end zone once all season). Wisconsin had 8 punts for averaging 43. 18 punts!

Iowa has 37 yards passing!

Didn’t you you previously have the tag line about the land of the blind?? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
Just shows how pathetic that whole division is - putrid is an actual better description.
Yupp...CBS doesn't even project them to be ranked adding Missouri, Air Force, Tulane and James Madison while keeping UCLA at 25 because "there's no other good options" I think they are 24/25 but the Big Ten is so very bad after the top 3. That changes in a big way next year.

Yupp...CBS doesn't even project them to be ranked adding Missouri, Air Force, Tulane and James Madison while keeping UCLA at 25 because "there's no other good options" I think they are 24/25 but the Big Ten is so very bad after the top 3. That changes in a big way next year.
Best team after the top 3 may be Rutgers

Reactions: PSU Soupy
The West is an absolute embarrassment.

Why even play the BIG championship anymore? It’s always a drubbing and the East winner risks an injury before the playoff. Realignment will finally just send some of these schools into average-below average Iowa Minny Northwestern Wisky Purdue. Such a major flaw to this conference over the last 10 years.

Reactions: bison13
Tell us what you really think...

Also, I believe Erick All got hurt yesterday. Yikes.
Seriously, whoever put these divisions together - in the B1G offices a few years back - should be hanging their heads in shame. PSU. OSU and UM are consistently the 3 best teams and have to chew each other up while the horseshit West winner gets a free pass every year (and then gets massacred) in the conference championship game.

Seriously, whoever put these divisions together - in the B1G offices a few years back - should be hanging their heads in shame. PSU. OSU and UM are consistently the 3 best teams and have to chew each other up while the horseshit West winner gets a free pass every year (and then gets massacred) in the conference championship game.
They tried to break it up with the stupid Legends and Leaders nonsense.
It would have made sense to have Michigan/Ohio State in one division with Penn State/Nebraska in the other but then Nebraska ended up being Rutgers level bad. Probably should have been:

Penn State/Nebraska/Iowa/Wisconsin/Minnesota/Maryland/Rutgers
Ohio State/Michigan/Michigan State/Illinois/Northwestern/Indiana/Purdue

But then I'm sure people would have complained our division was still too weak

Best team after the top 3 may be Rutgers
Bite your tongue, cut off an arm, or ask the Almighty for forgiveness. This is the type of heresy that’s unforgivable. Next we’re going to have RutgersAl predicting a playoff appearance this year.

Reactions: bison13

In their defense, this was a geographic split that made sense. The problem was, the conference has long been dominated by 2 teams who ended up on the same side. Additionally, during this time:

1. PSU was down
2. Iowa and Wisconsin were regularly good
3. Sparty had a rise instead of a West team
4. OSU began a historic run of dominance

Reactions: doctornick
i never really understood it either. They also put MSU in the East. It was almost like they wanted to create an A-league and a B-league

Reactions: rrdd2021
It would have made sense to have Michigan/Ohio State in one division with Penn State/Nebraska in the other but then Nebraska ended up being Rutgers level bad. Probably should have been:

You'd have the OSU-UM fans screaming that those 2 in one division is BS. Any combination of PSU-OSU and UM in the same division will bring complaining.

Maybe - if the conference is at 16 or 20 teams - have PSU, OSU, UM and USC in different divisions and than have a 4-team conference playoff. But the way it is now is just BS

We always think, football, because it’s the big dog money maker. But perhaps the Geographic alinement took into consideration travel with respect to minor non revenue sports. I’m just saying that might have been a rational to the dimwits who run the BIG.

You'd have the OSU-UM fans screaming that those 2 in one division is BS. Any combination of PSU-OSU and UM in the same division will bring complaining.

Maybe - if the conference is at 16 or 20 teams - have PSU, OSU, UM and USC in different divisions and than have a 4-team conference playoff. But the way it is now is just BS
I'd love for the SEC and Big Ten to go to 24. 4 divisions of 12. 11 division games. Top 3 in each division make the playoffs with the winners getting a bye. Won't happen but not only would that we great but second tier of football would also be amazing.

We always think, football, because it’s the big dog money maker. But perhaps the Geographic alinement took into consideration travel with respect to minor non revenue sports. I’m just saying that might have been a rational to the dimwits who run the BIG.

Pretty sure divisions only exist in football

well basketball does not even have the divisions, do they? don't know much about the other sports

Reactions: Thomas1945
well basketball does not even have the divisions, do they? don't know much about the other sports
Well I guess I was wrong with my well reasoned informative observation. Let’s try another one that’s tried and true. God and the Big want either OSU or UM in the playoffs every year. And no matter how you break things up The Game Must Be Played Every Year.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Well I guess I was wrong with my well reasoned informative observation. Let’s try another one that’s tried and true. God and the Big want either OSU or UM in the playoffs every year. And no matter how you break things up The Game Must Be Played Every Year.
they may be but should have just put PSU and MSU into the other division, and not tried to keep to an East-West split. for the last 30 years those four programs plus Wisconsin have pretty much controlled the top of B1G, with occasional appearances from Iowa

Should've been:
PSU, Rutgres, md, msu, Indiana, Purdue, neb
Osu, um, Wisconsin, minn, ill, nw, iowa

1 guaranteed crossover for msu v um and maybe neb v Iowa to avoid a lot of bitching.

Should've been:
PSU, Rutgres, md, msu, Indiana, Purdue, neb
Osu, um, Wisconsin, minn, ill, nw, iowa

1 guaranteed crossover for msu v um and maybe neb v Iowa to avoid a lot of bitching.
Arguably that's 4 of the best 6 in the OSU/Michigan division. I think you have to break up Iowa/Wisconsin or put both of them with Penn State and MSU with OSU/Michigan

Swapping ind & pur for Wisconsin & Iowa, but then you have only osu and um as good programs in that division. The reality over the past 20 years is that osu, um, psu and msu are the best followed by Wisconsin and iowa and those 2 have feasted on not having to play the top 4 every year.

I always thought Michigan and Michigan State should’ve been tied together in the west and Ohio State and Penn State in the east and then they each could’ve been the yearly crossover game.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Yes, I would have complained about that division. It sucks.

Mods, take out the trash in lando.
Why do people trash this Lando guy? I find his opinions/analysis interesting, though I’m not always in agreement. He doesn’t post anything offensive, typically. Remember - unpopular does not mean wrong, or disloyal to PSU. Seems like there is something personal about all this. Live and let live - it’s a message board and would be quite boring if everyone on it felt the same way or held the same opinions. For example:

Is Coach 4-14 finally going to step-up vs OSU this Saturday? I’m not confident, given past history. That’s probably a very unpopular thing to post. But, as a proud PSU alum, I believe it is a very valid thing to post.

Honestly aren't the people making threads about me and attacking me the real issue? lol
We all must remember one of the several life lessons taught by the book/movie “The Godfather” ( imo the greatest film ever made) - PSU Football is business, not personal. We aren’t players or their families, we aren’t coaches or their families. We’re alums or fans (or both). We want PSU to win, but it’s not our lives/livelihoods. Unpopular does not mean wrong. It does not mean disloyal. And it doesn’t mean whining or that idiotic mantra thrown out around here that “we deserve better”. Deserve has nothing to do with it. We want PSU to win the only 2 games on its schedule that really matter. We all know what 2 games those are.

We want PSU to win the only 2 games on its schedule that really matter. We all know what 2 games those are.
Correct--I love the fact we're destroying the teams we should destroy. Bad teams regardless of spin. SOS of 112 with Michigan at 113 who is always bashed for their schedule by the same people. But, Franklin has been here long enough that we have to start beating Michigan and Ohio State relatively regularly. Add USC, Oregon and Washington to the mix it gets that much tougher.

Correct--I love the fact we're destroying the teams we should destroy. Bad teams regardless of spin. SOS of 112 with Michigan at 113 who is always bashed for their schedule by the same people. But, Franklin has been here long enough that we have to start beating Michigan and Ohio State relatively regularly. Add USC, Oregon and Washington to the mix it gets that much tougher.
And UCLA has its moments at times. But yeah, next year is going to be a whole different B1G. Should be fun to watch and with the new 12-team Playoffs, 2 losses could get a team in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT