ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!! Official Eagles - Patriots S. B. game thread

Congrats to my Eagle brothers here on the board and I know I'm going to see a lot of happy people tomorrow. Hearing fireworks here in Chester County.

My son's high school cancelled classes tomorrow.

Congrats to my Eagle brothers here on the board and I know I'm going to see a lot of happy people tomorrow. Hearing fireworks here in Chester County.

Glad to see education is a priority.:)

Unbelievable.

Was afraid I might not live to see this happen

Fireworks going off all around the neighborhood

World F*ing Champions

Tom - I told Mrs delcoLion to call the undertaker - I’ve seen it all. The Eagles have won the Super Bowl. I am at peace.

I have the issues of Sports Illustrated from 1960. I was 10 and I heard that game on the radio. It was such a long wait but it’s all good now.

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

Just want to say a sincere Thanks to all the fans and non-fans for their congrats tonight.
That was a great football game, fortunately, the Eagles won.

SBEAGLLIIf__97226.1517771999.1100.1100.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV and bxle
last game of the season.

it's been a hell of a ride for Eagles fans, for the city of Philadelphia, and for the expanded metropolitan area in suburban Philadelphia, South Jersey, and Northern Delaware.

the Patriots are a formidable opponent, and their coach, QB, and franchise have a lot of experience in games of this magnitude. I salute them for making it to the Super Bowl.

I'll try to contribute to this thread during the game, but I may be otherwise occupied celebrating, cursing, or worrying.

We Are Not Done -- Yet

Now, Eagles, Now

Here's hoping that Birds fans have lots of reason to be singing their fight song, Fly, Eagles, Fly

sluggo, I saw that you posted your thread. Here's hoping that Wiz plays, and your prediction is correct.
Tommy Mac! super bowl!!

It isn't....almost no one anywhere, including here, agreed with you. He bobbled it. They went with stands saying it wasn't conclusive but he definitely didn't have two feet down then bobbled it. That wouldn't be a catch either in this NFL
I agreed with him, and so did the NFL replay officials.

Dude, you are amazing. Your "I call 'em how I see 'em" schtick looks more like rooting for whomever the Nittany Lions or Eagles are playing. :cool:

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
I live in fayettteville Nc. My dad lives in Monroe nc. I was lucky enough that I was able to watch the game with may dad. He was born in 1961, a year after the eagles won their last NFL championship. I was able to watch the game with my dad and 3 month old son. 3 generations watched the eagles win the first SB in a lifetime. HUGE day for our family.

First NFL game I game I have seen on TV seen in It's entirety in probably 20 years. Good game especially if you have no real rooting interest.

Am happy for my 76 year old mom who is a long suffering Eagles fan. I went to her house to watch with her. The last few minutes were unbearable for her - so she was in the other room and I would have to yell out the result of each play. She could not believe it when I told her "game over-Eagles win".

Last edited:
Those two calls could have easily gone either way. Clement bobbled that ball. And they could have easily said Ertz didn't maintain as he went to the ground. I'm happy with the calls but, especially the Clement one, not sure they were right given the rule.
On the 1st I'll agree it could go either way. However, there was not sufficient video evidence to overturn. The 2nd was clearly correct as Ertz had run 3 steps, watch the video, before he dove into the endzone. He was clearly a runner when he cross the line. Let me guess, you also believe Matt Lehman did not score the TD against Nebraska?

First NFL game I game I have seen on TV seen in It's entirety in probably 20 years. Good game especially if you have no real rooting interest.

Am happy for my 76 year old mom who is s long suffering Eagles fan. I went to her house to watch with her. The last few minutes were unbearable for her - so she was in the other room and I would have to yell out the result of each play. She could not believe it when I told her "game over-Eagles win".

Was rooting for the Eagles, but as a Steelers fan I wasn't living and dying with each play. But it was a fantastic football game to watch. I was in a game long texting conversation with my brother in western PA (huge Steeler fan) and he was really into it. He started the game rooting against the Patriots, but as the game went on he was rooting for the Eagles. He loved Pederson's aggressiveness and texted me that he hoped Tomlin was taking notes.

On the 1st I'll agree it could go either way. However, there was not sufficient video evidence to overturn. The 2nd was clearly correct as Ertz had run 3 steps, watch the video, before he dove into the endzone. He was clearly a runner when he cross the line. Let me guess, you also believe Matt Lehman did not score the TD against Nebraska?

You're arguing with a troll. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT