ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! Eagles - Raiders game thread

17-7, Raiders at the half.

I missed most of the 1st half. It sounds as though the Birds did well on their opening drive, and Miles Sanders was doing well running the rock. Then Miles injured his ankle, and the Birds started to fall apart on both sides of the ball. smh

Birds try an onside kick to start the 2nd half. Their kicker was in the best position to field the ball, but fell down, and the Raiders caught the ball and were down at the Birds' 41. smh

Reactions: sluggo72
3rd & goal from the 1, and Hurts fumbles the snap, and the Raiders recover. This is beyond embarrassing.

Between the Nitwitt Lions, Da’ Bears and the Eagles, damn, what a great weekend of football.

To show how really pathetic it was, the highlight was KU’s effort vs Oklahoma!

Reactions: BobPSU92
Birds with a TD and 2-pt conversion, makes it 33-22, Raiders, with 3:50 left in the game.

Birds try an onside kick, and the Raiders recover it.

Final, 33-22, Raiders.

The final score doesn't (IMHO) fully indicate how ugly the game was for the Birds.

Thematically similar to a recent 20-18 score not revealing the ugliness by both teams.

Sorta like Roseann Barr winning a beauty pageant by singing our National Anthem.

Missed the game. Not that it matter. Good news though went on a 70 mile boat ride

The Eagles are pretty much in tank mode now. Between their pick and the one from the Dolphins, they could wind up with two in the top 5-7.

The question is who is making them. So much of this is on Howie for an abominable run for picks for several years. The rookie coaching staff being over their skis just compounds things with such a bad roster.

I’m starting to think Howie is toast. No way does Mr. Lurie let him make 3 first round picks and 5 in the first 75.

Next draft is a major inflection point for the franchise. It can reset things or make them the Jets.

The Eagles are pretty much in tank mode now. Between their pick and the one from the Dolphins, they could wind up with two in the top 5-7.

The question is who is making them. So much of this is on Howie for an abominable run for picks for several years. The rookie coaching staff being over their skis just compounds things with such a bad roster.

I’m starting to think Howie is toast. No way does Mr. Lurie let him make 3 first round picks and 5 in the first 75.

Next draft is a major inflection point for the franchise. It can reset things or make them the Jets.
why would you think Howie is toast? JL is blinded by him. JL doesnt want to listen to the coaches, hasnt allowed them to make picks, draft or assistant coaches, I think he figures they are interchangeable parts. I think JL is more of the problem then any of them, and I think he might make more picks then Jerry Jones!

Reactions: jjw165
Still hard to believe the Eagles passed on Micah Parsons, and Mack Jones to grab a WR in the draft. I can understand Jones a bit, but letting Parsons go bye is inexcusable, especially when they knew their D was crap.

These young coaches are in over their heads. I believe the talent is there but they just don't know how to use it properly. You change you schemes to match your talent. They ain't doing that. If you listen to Fletcher Cox's presser, it is even more evident now. They need to hire some retired or semi-retired former head coaches as consultants or something.

I will stand by the Birds like I have since the 70s but man this is hard to watch.

why would you think Howie is toast? JL is blinded by him. JL doesnt want to listen to the coaches, hasnt allowed them to make picks, draft or assistant coaches, I think he figures they are interchangeable parts. I think JL is more of the problem then any of them, and I think he might make more picks then Jerry Jones!
JL has a history of removing excuses before making moves. Firing Doug put Howie on point. The coaching staff are babies and have little influence in the front office right now. The issues are now clearly Howies.

If you're making 3 first rounders and 5 in the first 75 picks, then that's a huge carrot to dangle for a new GM/personnel person. Maybe I'm being more hopeful than anything, but JL has proven repeatedly that nobody is above being held accountable.

JL has a history of removing excuses before making moves. Firing Doug put Howie on point. The coaching staff are babies and have little influence in the front office right now. The issues are now clearly Howies.

If you're making 3 first rounders and 5 in the first 75 picks, then that's a huge carrot to dangle for a new GM/personnel person. Maybe I'm being more hopeful than anything, but JL has proven repeatedly that nobody is above being held accountable.
Except Howie!! Remember he kept him in the basement for a year in case Chipra failed. When he did Howie came to the rescue in JFs mind.

The Jets are acquiring veteran quarterback Joe Flacco in a trade with the Eagles, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Monday. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Jets sent Philadelphia a 2022 sixth-round draft pick that can become a fifth-rounder based on playing time.

Iggles going Wildcat the rest of the season!!
or is Nick Foles coming back??

nick-foles-celebrate.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT