ADVERTISEMENT

Deboer negotiating with Bama

That decison could affect the outcome of our game against them in 2024 greatly, as I expect that they would have a lot of transfers and decommittals if he leaves.

This surprises me. Does he have SEC ties?
Well I guess their first choices said no thanks so I can see this.

Still a bit surprised Dabo not in the mix nor Meyer. Although Meyer may be too much of damaged goods.

That decison could affect the outcome of our game against them in 2024 greatly, as I expect that they would have a lot of transfers and decommittals if he leaves.
Good point and we absolutely need to win that game to be on a path for the playoff.

Worried about the OSU game now that they have spent half of the federal budget on NIL to keep everyone.

Reading some headlines, looks like Sarkisian and Norvell parlayed their names being mentioned to contract extensions (raises).

Sounds familiar…

Reactions: bison13
Reading some headlines, looks like Sarkisian and Norvell parlayed their names being mentioned to contract extensions (raises).

Sounds familiar…
That's Jimmy Sexton. He floats the names and makes the calls. Other than the new head coach of Bama, he's probably benefited the most from this. I'm sure he got raises for Sark, Lane, Norvell, Kirby Smart and several others. How do you think rumors of Franklin being linked to this job started? Just another ploy to get more cash.

Worried about the OSU game now that they have spent half of the federal budget on NIL to keep everyone.
hahaha. i feel like even if 90% of the other schools dropped football, the games were televised on delay at 3 AM, and the stands were 10% full, Ohio State would still be spending hundreds of millions on their program.

That's Jimmy Sexton. He floats the names and makes the calls. Other than the new head coach of Bama, he's probably benefited the most from this. I'm sure he got raises for Sark, Lane, Norvell, Kirby Smart and several others. How do you think rumors of Franklin being linked to this job started? Just another ploy to get more cash.
Or maybe it’s just reporters who have no inside information throwing out names to get clicks.

hahaha. i feel like even if 90% of the other schools dropped football, the games were televised on delay at 3 AM, and the stands were 10% full, Ohio State would still be spending hundreds of millions on their program.
There O-line and Qb will be average again this year but there D will one of the best the country.

I would assume that game is now a W, they will be in major rebuilding mode with a first year coach. so next season is coming down to osu, usc and wisconsin. i don't know much about how wisconsin has been lately

I would assume that game is now a W, they will be in major rebuilding mode with a first year coach. so next season is coming down to osu, usc and wisconsin. i don't know much about how wisconsin has been lately
The USC game looms really big. All 3 are but I have no idea what kind of product USC is supposed to have. Their QB lit it up in the bowl game so there is that. I assume their D will be improved but I hope so given how bad they were this year. If we have a putrid passing game again then it will he tough because USC will score with Riley.

I feel better about Wisky but certainly no gimme being in Madison. I think they will start Braedyn Locke at QB who filled in for Mordecai this year. He is okay but certainly not someone we should be overly concerned about.

The USC game looms really big. All 3 are but I have no idea what kind of product USC is supposed to have. Their QB lit it up in the bowl game so there is that. I assume their D will be improved but I hope so given how bad they were this year. If we have a putrid passing game again then it will he tough because USC will score with Riley.

I feel better about Wisky but certainly no gimme being in Madison. I think they will start Braedyn Locke at QB who filled in for Mordecai this year. He is okay but certainly not someone we should be overly concerned about.
given Franklin's history I am not optimistic about winning at USC, whether they are breaking in a new qb or not. it's not like they are ever hurting at that position. OSU is at home and late in the season, so I am hoping he figures them out this time. a 1-loss season would definitely be enough for the 12-team playoff. UCLA is a bit of an unknown but I am assuming psu will win it

I would think they they start Van Dyke who transferred from the U to Wisky last month.

given Franklin's history I am not optimistic about winning at USC, whether they are breaking in a new qb or not. it's not like they are ever hurting at that position. OSU is at home and late in the season, so I am hoping he figures them out this time. a 1-loss season would definitely be enough for the 12-team playoff. UCLA is a bit of an unknown but I am assuming psu will win it
I"m thinking the OSU game will be the same old same old with Franklin coaching scared and they are loaded so not real optimistic. That leaves UDub. Wisky and USC and we have to take 2 of 3 to have a good shot at getting in the playoff. Franklin on the road vs USC, that will make any PSU fan nervous. I think our best path is beating Wisky and Udub then hope that is good enough.

Three picks by McSorley and none of our DL getting anywhere near their QB is what did us in against USC in the Rose Bowl. Jack Ham made the comment from the booth that the USC QB had 37 seconds to throw the ball every time.

Three picks by McSorley and none of our DL getting anywhere near their QB is what did us in against USC in the Rose Bowl. Jack Ham made the comment from the booth that the USC QB had 37 seconds to throw the ball every time.
I was there. It was horrible. We made Darnold a lot of money that day as we made him look like a Hall of Famer. He had ALL DAY back there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT