ADVERTISEMENT

Bama Vs Michigan Semifinal Thread

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021
Michigan -2.5 favorite.

Lot of BOB told Milroe to change positions talk this week.

Hard to pick against Saban.

Bama straight up.

Wow. Meatchicken caught a HUGE break there.
Yea…I think the defender was most likely out of bounds, but not sure after seeing that field level view if I would have reversed it. Really tough call.

The Bama QB has no concept of pressure so far. Get rid of the ball already.

The way the Bama OL run blocked the first play after the fumble, I'd stick with that.

Bama has been running the ball really well at the end of the season. They come out with three straight pass plays.

Michigan -2.5 favorite.

Lot of BOB told Milroe to change positions talk this week.

Hard to pick against Saban.

Bama straight up.
Did Billy ever respond? I'd like to hear his side
That turnover was a killer for Michigan early--can't give Bama a short field

Nice run by Bama. That was a pretty pathetic tackle attempt by the Michigan defender.

Did Billy ever respond? I'd like to hear his side
That turnover was a killer for Michigan early--can't give Bama a short field

Not that I've seen, but he's probably on the cusp of being fired in Boston.

Honestly, Milroe should thank him. He's improved immensely and I don't think Tommy Rees did it. Motivation is vital.

Overstacked box has to slow that up. The "always outstanding Sanristil" (Herbies live quote) whiffed bad.

Reactions: LandoComando
They come out with three straight pass plays.

Michigan did the same thing. This drive was Corum-centric. And they scored.

This drive is what our offense lacks. The scoring play, the RB Mesh, has been tough to defend in the NFL for a month or better now. You have to install plays like this as the season goes. Even the Jet Sweep. It's simple misdirection eye candy. Credit to Barner, he blocked 2 guys on the play.

Notice a key play for them was a QB keep sweep type play to almost get a first on 3rd and 8. They burned us in the exact same situation with that play. Allar can't do that and we don't have the blocking to do it. I am sure there are other examples of plays personnel they have that we can't do.

Notice a key play for them was a QB keep sweep type play to almost get a first on 3rd and 8. They burned us in the exact same situation with that play. Allar can't do that and we don't have the blocking to do it. I am sure there are other examples of plays personnel they have that we can't do.
Allar's not as immobile as you think. He can run that play. He's just not a zone read guy.

Allar's not as immobile as you think. He can run that play. He's just not a zone read guy.
Issue is his indecisive nature which makes him look immobile. If he makes up his mind and takes off he is ok, I’ll give him that, but his whole issue is that he can’t make up his mind on anything.

I won’t even bring up his poor mechanics. He is the worst 5 star QB I have ever seen.

Reactions: mrshane31
Issue is his indecisive nature which makes him look immobile. If he makes up his mind and takes off he is ok, I’ll give him that, but his whole issue is that he can’t make up his mind on anything.

I won’t even bring up his poor mechanics. He is the worst 5 star QB I have ever seen.
So, if it was a designed run like the JJ play they're discussing he would be fine. Zone read to him means hands off.
I'd love to see how his mechanics would look in a pro style offense

You guys hear things you want to hear. He's criticized and praised both so far.

If OP thinks his excessive praise isn't sincere, I could agree with that. He's overly praising average players, but he's being paid to talk the game up.

You are what your record says you are. MI stinks in the post season. Lost 6 in a row and
3-13 in the last 20 years. Not a coincidence.
Hate to say it, but they’re going to win this game. I hope I’m wrong, but Bama hasn’t looked all that great this whole season other than one game.

So, if it was a designed run like the JJ play they're discussing he would be fine. Zone read to him means hands off.
I'd love to see how his mechanics would look in a pro style offense
He would have 10 passes a game blocked at the line.

Hate to say it, but they’re going to win this game. I hope I’m wrong, but Bama hasn’t looked all that great this whole season other than one game.
It's a tight matchup so far. I hope Bama wins also. They did look good in the game against the 2X champs. Tough to bet against Saban. Plus history would lean towards Bama.

It's a tight matchup so far. I hope Bama wins also. They did look good in the game against the 2X champs. Tough to bet against Saban. Plus history would lean towards Bama.
All true, but I’m not sure Bama has the QB to win this one.

I don’t care if they win. They are still cheaters that should have all their wins vacated over the past 2 seasons.
One thing is for certain. We are not up to par on the OL. I would love to be able to push around an elite opponent. We had Olu, who is elite, but the rest of the line was merely ok.

I don’t care if they win. They are still cheaters that should have all their wins vacated over the past 2 seasons.
One thing is for certain. We are not up to par on the OL. I would love to be able to push around an elite opponent. We had Olu, who is elite, but the rest of the line was merely ok.
We are up to par with Bama’s OLine. We gave up one sack the entire game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT