ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Deboer to Bama

He’s the trendy hire. Never a good move
Wasn't Franklin a trendy hire?
Wasn't Smart? Wasn't DeBoer after a year at Fresno before Washington?
Elko was this year and that was a great decision on paper by A&M. Way better than when they overpaid Jimbo because of his past accomplishments.
I believe Sark or Dabo would have been a mistake. DeBoer might flop but that's always a possibility. See Lincoln right now at USC not living up to the hype.

I believe PSU in 2016 was ranked higher than PSU. Is there another win JF has had against a higher ranked opponent in the last decade?

At home no. We were dogs in the Rose bowl and @ Wisconsin in 2021, #19 @ #12. No one says that was a big win.

At home no. We were dogs in the Rose bowl and @ Wisconsin in 2021, #19 @ #12. No one says that was a big win.
To be fair, it's Wisconsin. I expect us to beat everyone other than Michigan and Ohio State. We were also ranked lower due to failures not because Wisconsin was more talented or better.

To be fair, it's Wisconsin. I expect us to beat everyone other than Michigan and Ohio State. We were also ranked lower due to failures not because Wisconsin was more talented or better.

Don't blame me. I'm just using the new official big win guidelines posted on the last page.

It has been decreed that all wins on the road against higher ranked ranked opponents shall be big wins.

Waiting for Ryoder1 to come explain why Wisconsin wasn't a big win using his metrics since never in Franklins life have we been 20thish and beaten a 15thish ranked squad. So I want his reasoning for why 19 over 12 isn't cutting it for him. Road dog against a top 15 team, Franklin wins. Ryoder1 doesn't count it and we're still waiting for Franklin to just pull it off once in his life. Dude just wants to bitch.

It would be nice to see him spring an upset once in his life so if we were 20th and beat a 15th ranked team that would be a nice win for Jimmy.

To me big wins are generally but not exclusively (because you can come up with exceptions) beating teams higher ranked than you and really those in the top 10 or even top 15. Or beating teams close to our ranking and we are both top 10-15. Like I said earlier I would give him credit if we beat a 15th ranked team and we were 20th.

Last edited:
Reactions: LandoComando
Ah yes. I forgot about 2021. We beat wisky in the first game of the season and then Auburn, and the future looked bright. Turned out all 3 teams were hot trash to a solid Meh. Wisky seemed like a good win, but wisky was 3rd in the west that year so, in hind sight, not so much.

Ah yes. I forgot about 2021. We beat wisky in the first game of the season and then Auburn, and the future looked bright. Turned out all 3 teams were hot trash to a solid Meh. Wisky seemed like a good win, but wisky was 3rd in the west that year so, in hind sight, not so much.

Big ten also does itself no favors with the extra conference game. Keeps a lot of borderline top 25 teams out of the rankings while sec teams get a boost from playing Everglades State and Bayou Tech.

Reactions: psu00 and heckmans
Wasn't Franklin a trendy hire?
Wasn't Smart? Wasn't DeBoer after a year at Fresno before Washington?
Elko was this year and that was a great decision on paper by A&M. Way better than when they overpaid Jimbo because of his past accomplishments.
I believe Sark or Dabo would have been a mistake. DeBoer might flop but that's always a possibility. See Lincoln right now at USC not living up to the hype.
Franklin was also a trendy hire

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT