ADVERTISEMENT

Dean from Cornell to PSU ?????

What does this mean for Beard? Even before this, people were trying to squeeze him out of the lineup.
It means that he has another great teammate to compete with and help him improve in the room. Iron sharpens Iron. If he wins he is the guy, if not then he is the backup and is always one injury away from being the guy anyway.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Lol! I don’t know Anything about this one . Guess he will compete for a spot. That’s wrestling!
Great Rokfin interview on Baschmania with David Carr yesterday. High praise from David for Aaron. Sounds like they are great friends. David sounds so mature beyond his years. Would love to get Aaron on that show soon (unless I already missed that episode). Great interactions about wrestling and all of the nuances. Again, my favorite wrestling show now, and the $'s go to the NLWC

I thought I set the record strait on the Iron thing.
Previously unssen footage of Stand With Pride ragdolling his wife:

f3dc8c1f5bdd4ebe5b77ee5615257443.gif

Just a possibility.
Dean wants to go where he believes the opportunity presents itself to develop and maximize his wrestling skills. In his mind he at his best can beat others at their best.

I have no idea if Dean coming to PSU will add any points to PSU's NCAA total, I do know Dean coming to PSU improves the already best wrestling room in the country and I am excited about that.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Just a possibility.
Dean wants to go where he believes the opportunity presents itself to develop and maximize his wrestling skills. In his mind he at his best can beat others at their best.
So, when Rob Koll said that Max is leaving because he was concerned that the Ivy League would cancel the season next year, one of them was lying?

So, when Rob Koll said that Max is leaving because he was concerned that the Ivy League would cancel the season next year, one of them was lying?
Maybe Rob doesn't want to publicize personal reasons and/or anything that could be construed negatively and that was a pretty neutral response? Pretty sure that kind of stuff is done all the time and it's not some evil thing.

Pretty sure that isn't what I posted, but hey you go with a self assessed "got ya".
Your response to my post is almost like your name is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Pretty sure that isn't what I posted, but hey you go with a self assessed "got ya".
Your response to my post is almost like your name is a self fulfilling prophecy.
Your suggested possibility requires that Rob Koll was not telling the truth, does it not?

Look, Shirley. Max may be concerned the Ivies may cancel again, THEN once he decided to go he’s using the criteria 6 posed. Nobody needs to be full of it in that scenario.
Seriously.

The alternative being that he chooses to go somewhere where he'll merely stagnate?

Has anyone other than Mineo reported Max to PSU?
Mineo hasn't even reported it. Just threw a pic + a logo together.

Multiple pages on 2 threads -- plus John Brooks saying above that he's never heard of it -- says everybody's getting played.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Just a possibility.
I believe I understand what you were saying, so my apologies to you. "Given that Dean is leaving due to fears the Ivy League would cancel the 2021-22 season, Dean wants to go..."

We have lots of possibilities. We also have no idea what are his priorities, of course.

Reactions: jtothemfp
many who grew up in state college left in about two seconds. But yes I’m sure he wanted to follow in his dads steps by coaching at psu.

I believe I understand what you were saying, so my apologies to you. "Given that Dean is leaving due to fears the Ivy League would cancel the 2021-22 season, Dean wants to go..."

We have lots of possibilities. We also have no idea what are his priorities, of course.

Nice catch & update!

Yes, two phases of decision-making:
1. Decision to leave the Ivies, b/c of reasons provided by Koll (the truthfulness of which is not in dispute)
2. (after #1), decision on which non-Ivy program to then join

Pyles has said that the rumor is that Brooks will eventually want to go to 197. Maybe Beard saw the writing on the wall and has told the staff he’s looking to transfer, so that makes the Dean move make a lot more sense...if it’s even true of course.

AB looked like a very comfortable 184 IMO. If 'eventually to 197' means maybe a few years down the road? Then let it play out, don't fix the unbroken today. The Dean stuff doesn't make sense to me.
People - Flo included - are just spitballing. Cael and his staff aren’t going to share secrets with the media outlet that all but accused the NLWC of bending the rules. I do agree Aaron looks like a natural 184#er, though. Hell, he’s not even big for the weight.

Last edited:
AB looked like a very comfortable 184 IMO. If 'eventually to 197' means maybe a few years down the road? Then let it play out, don't fix the unbroken today. The Dean stuff doesn't make sense to me.
Really? The "let's add another great wrestler to our roster" makes a lot of sense to me. Different strokes I guess...

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT