ADVERTISEMENT

Mat Town I on Sunday

NothingMeaningful

Dec 21, 2018
No idea as to the accuracy of this, but trackwrestling has the following entries for Penn State:

Lucas Cochran
Timothy Levine
Kurt McHenry
Sean Wang

Brackets on Flo, showing only Cornell/Binghamton/Lock Haven entries. No video. Cornell entries don't match those announced by Cornell. Supposedly also includes Lehigh and Virginia.

talk about a Cornel log jam at 174
Will do.

Cornell has a logjam at 174. They have nine guys wrestling at the weight in today’s Mat Town open. I assume it’s a wrestle off for the weight.

Baker started in their dual and went 3-0 at Journeymen, including a 4-0 dub over teammate Hansen. The senior appears to have the upper hand to be the starter at this point.

Will do.

Cornell has a logjam at 174. They have nine guys wrestling at the weight in today’s Mat Town open. I assume it’s a wrestle off for the weight.

Baker started in their dual and went 3-0 at Journeymen, including a 4-0 dub over teammate Hansen. The senior appears to have the upper hand to be the starter at this point.
In my opinion the best Cornell 174 is Ruiz, who is greyshirting

Reactions: mcpat
McHenry up soon against Nick Treaster, who is at Navy Prep, I think.

Treaster wrestled at Clarion a few weeks back winning a couple of matches against nondescript opponents before falling to Jax by TF and the to Kilkeary 2-0.

He should cruise and then have Carson Wagner, who Steen beat handily last week, before getting Greg D in finals.

Will do.

With Ramirez at 165 and Foca moving to 184, there's no room for all these guys anywhere except 174. Same with Cornella at 141 and Shapiro at 157, there are a bunch of decent guys at 149 (Saunders, Handlovic, Fernandez) who will fight it out today.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Hayden pins Hartung (Freshman from NJ who never placed).

Has Ferrara from Cornell (Spartan) next. I believe Ferrara is a pretty nice recruit for the Big Red who won the Beast. Maybe @NothingMeaningful can comment more on him.

Reactions: danoftw
No stream, but all results in real time on Flo, including current match statuses.
That's what I figured, but if Dice was there, I'd value his "eye test" assessment on McHenry. Coming back from injury? Not in competition shape (sounds possible w/ that last result), etc.

That's what I figured, but if Dice was there, I'd value his "eye test" assessment on McHenry. Coming back from injury? Not in competition shape (sounds possible w/ that last result), etc.
No, just "watching" on Arena. No idea how he looked although it couldn't have been great.

McHenry lost to Wagner 4-1 SV.

McHenry chose neutral in the 3rd, down 1-0, and could only manage a stalling point.

That's not good. I was hoping for a lot more from him, but many of these guys who have been wrestling in college for an unusual length of time seem to be worn down.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
McHenry lost to Wagner 4-1 SV.

McHenry chose neutral in the 3rd, down 1-0, and could only manage a stalling point.
No excuses can be made about Mchenry being a 118 lber for this one. Wagner was in the state finals at 114 8 months ago. McHenry is either washed up or just very rusty/bad cut.

Hayden pins Hartung (Freshman from NJ who never placed).

Has Ferrara from Cornell (Spartan) next. I believe Ferrara is a pretty nice recruit for the Big Red who won the Beast. Maybe @NothingMeaningful can comment more on him.
-4x NYSPHSAA State finalist/3x Champion (only loss was as a freshman in sudden victory to a Fargo All-American)

-Went undefeated last year, including winning the title at Beast of the East

-NYWN rated him as the #1 overall in-state recruit (ahead of a guy like Gallagher who is now nationally ranked after winning the Keystone Classic)!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT