ADVERTISEMENT

Crazed Rooney & Tomlin

joeaubie21

Oct 13, 2021
Three Steelers released, but not Farmboy Pickett.

They have their lips to his butt like the mouth piece on a tuba.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
The best thing the Steelers could do is trade their whole team for Lamar Jackson and start over. Of course the Ravens would not make that trade so it’s actually hopeless for Steelers fans.
But Lamar Jackson you mean Burrow or Allen or Mahomes or Stroud, right? Lamar isn't a QB capable of winning a title.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
The best thing the Steelers could do is trade their whole team for Lamar Jackson and start over. Of course the Ravens would not make that trade so it’s actually hopeless for Steelers fans.
Lots of noise that they are hoping to get Justin Fields from the bears

But Lamar Jackson you mean Burrow or Allen or Mahomes or Stroud, right? Lamar isn't a QB capable of winning a title.
To quote our biggest message board troll, “We all know…” that Burrow, Allen and Stroud have exactly zero titles, right? I’m not going to waste my time arguing with a dolt whose main form of communication is logical fallacies so move along.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
To quote our biggest message board troll, “We all know…” that Burrow, Allen and Stroud have exactly zero titles, right? I’m not going to waste my time arguing with a dolt whose main form of communication is logical fallacies so move along.
I'm a troll? lol
Fact--
Lamar was a free agent and not a single team was willing to give up draft picks to land him. Not one.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Lots of noise that they are hoping to get Justin Fields from the bears
Noise being created by who?
As Rod Woodson said--it doesn't make sense as it's not what the Steelers do. Tannehill or Cousins (in a dream world) or they'll draft a guy but they won't trade for someone like Fields. I'd rather have Fields than Tannehill but not when you factor in the draft picks for an average/subpar QB with upside.

I still think they passed on Lamar Jackson during the draft because they didn't want to upset Roethlisberger.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
In all seriousness, remember the mania over Slash? Just think of the euphoria in the fan base if the Steelers could have somehow ended up with Lamar.

In all seriousness, remember the mania over Slash? Just think of the euphoria in the fan base if the Steelers could have somehow ended up with Lamar.
They would have wanted him to be "Slash" again which Lamar said he wasn't willing to do

Yes, Master of Logical Fallacies, “as we all know…” the world is an all or nothing proposition. Unless you rule the universe you are a failure. What a dope!

Yes, Master of Logical Fallacies, “as we all know…” the world is an all or nothing proposition. Unless you rule the universe you are a failure. What a dope!
Lamar is 2-4 against the Steelers in his career, right?
Literally threw away the game at Pittsburgh this year but, yes, let's ignore facts
Still ignoring that not a single team was willing to give up draft picks to potentially get him in free agency. Not Atlanta, not New England, not Chicago, not a single team felt he was worthy of that.
Lamar's playoff record speaks for itself with an elite defense

Last edited:
Lamar is 2-4 against the Steelers in his career, right?
Literally threw away the game at Pittsburgh this year but, yes, let's ignore facts
Still ignoring that not a single team was willing to give up draft picks to potentially get him in free agency. Not Atlanta, not New England, not Chicago, not a single team felt he was worthy of that.
Ha ha. You funny, too. Pittsburgh is the only team in the history of sports that actually improves when their third string quarterback is forced to play.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Ha ha. You funny, too. Pittsburgh is the only team in the history of sports that actually improves when their third string quarterback is forced to play.
I know you are correct, directionally. But the Browns improved with their 4th team QB, Joe Flacco. Sorry to be pedantic but Flacco just won comeback player of the year.

I know you are correct, directionally. But the Browns improved with their 4th team QB, Joe Flacco. Sorry to be pedantic but Flacco just won comeback player of the year.
Incorrect! While Flacco was a great replacement and absolutely earned the award, the Browns were able to squeak by Baltimore, the best team in the league, with a gutty performance by Watson but got drilled by the Ravens without him. Unlike the Steelers who kept their healthy 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks on the bench because they both stink in order to play their mediocre 3rd teamer. As soon as Watson can play he will play. Sadly the Steelers have to start all over.

What does that have to do with being honest about Lamar?
Yes, you are absolutely right. The Steelers are the equivalent of Baltimore.
Best player in the league. Again.
Number 1 seed in the AFC and destroyed both NFC Championship teams in the regular season.
While the Steelers (checks notes) hammer out another banner .500 season with a quarterback they wasted a first round pick on and won’t even play him in a playoff game. Because he stinks. That is, won’t be winning 2 league MVP awards any time soon.

Number 1 seed in the AFC and destroyed both NFC Championship teams in the regular season.
While the Steelers (checks notes) hammer out another banner .500 season with a quarterback they wasted a first round pick on and won’t even play him in a playoff game. Because he stinks. That is, won’t be winning 2 league MVP awards any time soon.
Steelers beat Baltimore twice last year, right?
Being the one seed and not making the playoffs is a complete disaster.
Pickett sucks but the answer isn't Lamar. Just like it's not for Baltimore
The MVP is vote. It doesn't have any value.
Steelers should find a new QB but not Lamar as, fact, the Steelers and everyone else could have had him when Baltimore tagged him and not a single team, not one, wanted him. Hence my accurate comment that upset you then you engaged after claiming you wouldn't.

Steelers beat Baltimore twice last year, right?
Being the one seed and not making the playoffs is a complete disaster.
Pickett sucks but the answer isn't Lamar. Just like it's not for Baltimore
The MVP is vote. It doesn't have any value.
Steelers should find a new QB but not Lamar as, fact, the Steelers and everyone else could have had him when Baltimore tagged him and not a single team, not one, wanted him. Hence my accurate comment that upset you then you engaged after claiming you wouldn't.
What a maroon! I did read your first sentence then skipped down past your typical troll fu@kery. As I said in a previous post I’m not going to argue with you. I recommend you go get a job.

I think Pittsburgh has played at a very high level for over two decades but have suffered at QB in the post Ben era. I am sure most of the rest of the league is saying "welcome to the club".

right now, KC is dominating the NFL with the best QB in the league...by far. Behind him are Lamar, Allen, Tua, Hurts, Lawerence, Burrow and Stroud in no particular order. How many Super Bowls have they won? Even played in? I think the only one is Burrow. If you go back and look, most of the super bowl winners have retired except for Mahomes and Stafford. You can put Aaron Rogers is still "active" but certainly ageing out.

all of that is to say that Mahomes is dominating and you need a very good next tier QB to play and win a SB. Pittsburgh tried to address that. But I don't think they had a QB on the roster last year to compete for a SB. They are trying to address that now.

In the end, I think Tomlin is as good as any coach the Steelers would get. The top coaches in the NFL that are elite are elite because they have a great QB to work with. Steelers will be fine if they can pick up or develop a top ten QB.

Reactions: bison13
So you're extolling the virtues of a QB that can't win playoff games and proudly glorify his league MVP awards as substitutes for Lamar Hunt\Lombardi trophies is pathetic.

What a maroon! I did read your first sentence then skipped down past your typical troll fu@kery. As I said in a previous post I’m not going to argue with you. I recommend you go get a job.
You have been arguing with me and you can't make a valid point
Pretty sure you're the one without employment

I think Pittsburgh has played at a very high level for over two decades but have suffered at QB in the post Ben era. I am sure most of the rest of the league is saying "welcome to the club".

right now, KC is dominating the NFL with the best QB in the league...by far. Behind him are Lamar, Allen, Tua, Hurts, Lawerence, Burrow and Stroud in no particular order. How many Super Bowls have they won? Even played in? I think the only one is Burrow. If you go back and look, most of the super bowl winners have retired except for Mahomes and Stafford. You can put Aaron Rogers is still "active" but certainly ageing out.

all of that is to say that Mahomes is dominating and you need a very good next tier QB to play and win a SB. Pittsburgh tried to address that. But I don't think they had a QB on the roster last year to compete for a SB. They are trying to address that now.

In the end, I think Tomlin is as good as any coach the Steelers would get. The top coaches in the NFL that are elite are elite because they have a great QB to work with. Steelers will be fine if they can pick up or develop a top ten QB.
Kyle Shanahan does a good job being elite without elite QBs but generally speaking I agree.
I think there's a huge gap after Mahomes then another huge gap after Allen and Burrow (maybe Stroud)

So you're extolling the virtues of a QB that can't win playoff games and proudly glorify his league MVP awards as substitutes for Lamar Hunt\Lombardi trophies is pathetic.
I did no such thing. I am merely responding to these despairing Steelers fans (you?) who take out their frustration and jealousy on Lamar Jackson. As Obli states Mahomes is undoubtedly the most accomplished active quarterback in the league. However equally undoubtedly is the fact that Lamar Jackson, still only 27, is a transcendent player at the position. This fact, coupled with the Steelers trio of backup caliber quarterbacks, puts the Steelers at a severe disadvantage. That’s all I’m saying.

You have been arguing with me and you can't make a valid point
Pretty sure you're the one without employment
Actually I’m comfortably enjoying early retirement. And even though I’m smarter than you I’m not going to waste my time wading through your trolling circular arguments replete with every logical fallacy known to man.

Actually I’m comfortably enjoying early retirement. And even though I’m smarter than you I’m not going to waste my time wading through your trolling circular arguments replete with every logical fallacy known to man.

The guy is out there.

I did no such thing. I am merely responding to these despairing Steelers fans (you?) who take out their frustration and jealousy on Lamar Jackson. As Obli states Mahomes is undoubtedly the most accomplished active quarterback in the league. However equally undoubtedly is the fact that Lamar Jackson, still only 27, is a transcendent player at the position. This fact, coupled with the Steelers trio of backup caliber quarterbacks, puts the Steelers at a severe disadvantage. That’s all I’m saying.
You magnify the MVP awards Jackson has won while ignoring the fact he's 2-4 in playoff games, last time I looked winning the Lombardy Trophy was the goal, not winning MVP's. I'm not jealous of Jackson at all as I know as long as he QB's the Ravens they'll never win a Super Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT