ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett Not to Blame.

Pickett hasn't been given a fair chance.

Guffaw!

What kind of idiot comes up with this nonsense? Pickett is injury prone, or a good actor.

Reminds me of Marino. When things were going badly, grabbed his ankle and tumbled to the turf.

Pickett hasn't been given a fair chance.

Guffaw!

What kind of idiot comes up with this nonsense? Pickett is injury prone, or a good actor.

Reminds me of Marino. When things were going badly, grabbed his ankle and tumbled to the turf.
The only time Marino did that was when he blew out his Achilles.

I honestly don’t know what to make of Pickett. From an objective point of view, he does not possess the tools that other NFL QBs have and his durability is becoming an issue. At the same time, he’s something like 12-2 in the last 14 games he started and completed. He’s the epitome of “winning ugly.” Big Ben also did that early on, but he at least had flashes that he could become an elite quarterback.

Is that enough to keep the Steelers from looking for another QB this offseason? I’m not sure, but I think I want to wait at least one more season before I make a verdict. That’s what most NFL QBs get in this type of situation.

Never said he missed games. Said when things weren't going well, grabbed ankle and went down.
Then got back up and kept playing. He managed to put together a pretty decent career at both the college and NFL level for such a faker.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Then got back up and kept playing. He managed to put together a pretty decent career at both the college and NFL level for such a faker.

He would sit out until he "recovered*. Sometime, he didn't return after a lead was built playing pansies. Which Pitt did before, during and after Marino. The ankle grabbing was gauche.

• Haha
According to the Pitiots, Pickett has been given a raw deal, and hasn't been given a chance.

How many games has this gump started?

• Haha
Tangentially, the browns have won games with four different starting quarterbacks. The first time in the NFL since 1950. They have played four different division leaders and are 3-1. Each with a different starter. They lost to the broncos 29-12. This is the first time an NFL game ended with that score in league history.

Reactions: joeaubie21
I honestly don’t know what to make of Pickett. From an objective point of view, he does not possess the tools that other NFL QBs have and his durability is becoming an issue. At the same time, he’s something like 12-2 in the last 14 games he started and completed. He’s the epitome of “winning ugly.” Big Ben also did that early on, but he at least had flashes that he could become an elite quarterback.

Is that enough to keep the Steelers from looking for another QB this offseason? I’m not sure, but I think I want to wait at least one more season before I make a verdict. That’s what most NFL QBs get in this type of situation.
Can’t make all the throws, average runner (not that this is what is paramount to an NFL QB), not durable (small…not just hands), not an NFL starter for a team that has Super Bowk aspirations.

Ain’t changing.

Time to move on.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Can’t make all the throws, average runner (not that this is what is paramount to an NFL QB), not durable (small…not just hands), not an NFL starter for a team that has Super Bowk aspirations.

Ain’t changing.

Time to move on.

I think he has the ceiling of a Kirk Cousins, but it's gonna take him 8 years to get there. If I were Steelers GM I'd definitely be looking to take another QB in the upcoming draft. Maybe Khan and Weidl are different, but they haven't had much success at all in finding QB talent. So Pickett being a first rounder is probably guaranteed one more year with a new OC. Don't necessarily disagree, but if they definitely need to try to upgrade from Trubisky at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT