ADVERTISEMENT

Cody Chittum Flips Commitment From Iowa

Yes he did lol it was directly on the thread digging her. Cmon. One big drag of her…. Funny more concerned about semantics than the slumlord Bob who is a bad person and does and says what he wants getting his name on a wrestling building because of money, not character. Bad optics imo
I read the thread. He did not reply to that poster that said 'skank.' He replied to the preceding post of the same thread. You can call that semantics or a technicality or whatever.

Nobody is disagreeing that it's not bad optics. Go read all my other posts on GIA and here. Not going to bore others rehashing same.

It's clear to me that some, including yourself, Willie, and several HVI posters think Bob is a bad person. Several GIA posters also wish he would alter his on-line persona.

"Him wanting merely due to money" is supposition and false. He is on record as not wanting his name on the building, lobbying against it, but having others insist, I believe because the powers that be understand naming for big donors yields more big donors. He acquiesced. I'd bet to this day he couldn't give rat's ass if his name isn't on the room. And it's a room not the building FFS.

In the end, if his name isn't on the room, he'll handle it like water off a duck's back.

Go and actually try read the threads without bias.

Last edited:
She was clearly asked by Clarissa or Brands or even Nicholls himself to send that tweet-
You are wild today with unsubstantiated assertion.

I thought you could surmise I also read your screenshot Tweet rebuttal to Helen.

Now Helen is a pawn, who can't think for herself? I don't know... sounds pretty misogynistic to me.

Do you even realize how dumb your assertion that Nicholls may have asked Helen to unwittingly come to his defense sounds?

Last edited:
Counterpoint: The tenant’s “job” is to have a roof over their head and the landlord’s “job” is to provide housing for people who need somewhere to live.
Oh, and not do their best to keep tenants clueless about their rights.

I swear - with the rollback in consumer protection we’re seeing (e.g. states loosening 1920 era child labor protection laws so freakin 14 year olds can work on slaughterhouse floors cleaning dangerous equipment) - there are a ton of people that want to take us back to 1880 or something.

Again, If Alli- who I have spoken to multiples times in recent weeks messaged me to take it down, I would. But she commented agreeing that the Iowa people were scum.
So your saying you did it on your own without previously engaging her. That's what I thought.

Perhaps her response about Iowa people had nothing to do with the current remark and was based more on her past experience. Anyway, nobody is debating about the guy who actually made the 'skank' comment.

@PatMineo22 I have an idea for your next Tweet on this topic.

Do a deep dive of all my posts in GIA, BVI, and Intermat Forums. Then cobble together some screen shots with the lead "Is a PSU Supporter Standing with Iowa's Bad Boy Bob?" Sprinkle in as many 'why' question innuendos based on my posts. Maybe ask whether Bob and I have colluded at his ski resort or great grand father's farm.

I think that would be funny AF.

Last edited:
I read the thread. He did not reply to that poster that said 'skank.' He replied to the preceding post of the same thread. You can call that semantics or a technicality or whatever.

Nobody is disagreeing that it's not bad optics. Go read all my other posts on GIA and here. Not going to bore others rehashing same.

It's clear to me that some, including yourself, Willie, and several HVI posters think Bob is a bad person. Several GIA posters also wish he would alter his on-line persona.

"Him wanting merely due to money" is supposition and false. He is on record as not wanting his name on the building, lobbying against it, but having others insist, I believe because the powers that be understand naming for big donors yields more big donors. He acquiesced. I'd bet to this day he couldn't give rat's ass if his name isn't on the room. And it's a room not the building FFS.

In the end, if his name isn't on the room, he'll handle it like water off a duck's back.

Go and actually try read the threads without bias.
He replied to a post where a person was described as being with 2 different people, and implied that turns were being taken.

He’s hitting you over the head with the point. He’s probably laughing that you make excuses for the point he was clearly trying to make.

Not. The same poster doubled and tripled down with more explicit assertions.

I can see that interpretation. But I continue to not believe that was the intent.

Post in thread 'Smalls gone as well?' https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/smalls-gone-as-well.418802/post-11191003
That thread is legendary. This was funny:

smalls103

HR MVP​

Does anyone have the Monty Python video of the Knight at the bridge egging on his opponents while losing all his limbs ?

Jimmy Small D is resilient I’ll give him that
no bob, we haven't. we're not 70.

So...
125 Howard vs Ayala. 3-0 Iowa
133 Teske vs Nagao. 3-3 tie
141 Woods vs Bartlett. 6-3 Iowa.
149 Van Ness vs Voinovich. 6-6.
157 Haines vs Siebrecht. 9-6 penn state
165 Kennedy vs Facundo. 9-9 tie
174 Starocci vs Brands. 12-9 penn state
184 Truax vs Assad. 15-9 penn state
197 Brooks vs ? 19-9 penn state
Hwt. Kerk vs Cass. 22-9 penn state.

Thoughts? REMEMBER it's at Carver.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
So...

I have to give you credit where credit is due. This is a good distraction from the last couple of pages of this thread. Your predictions are pretty much chalk as the odds stand right now. That's exactly where I'd put the baseline before the season begins with the exception of Van Ness getting a MD. 23-9 PSU.

So...

Accurate.

Only ??? I have is, will Nagao major Teske?

We’ve seen a lot of 5/6 year guys just ground down and not close to optimal. Combined with Nagao coming into his own in year 3… kind of think this could be a bonus point win.

So...

Looks pretty solid. How late in the year is it? If later, an old geezer like woods in his 2nd year in that room might be dinged up and we take 141. Might take it regardless.

And I could see Shayne or Haines catching their opponents - especially Haines as Siebrecht is sloppy.

Reactions: Chaddsfordbubba
Accurate.

Only ??? I have is, will Nagao major Teske?

We’ve seen a lot of 5/6 year guys just ground down and not close to optimal. Combined with Nagao coming into his own in year 3… kind of think this could be a bonus point win.
Haha - we’re thinking the same thing, but about different guys being ground down in that room.

Reactions: donboy6499
You are wild today with unsubstantiated assertion.

I thought you could surmise I also read your screenshot Tweet rebuttal to Helen.

Now Helen is a pawn, who can't think for herself? I don't know... sounds pretty misogynistic to me.

Do you even realize how dumb your assertion that Nicholls may have asked Helen to unwittingly come to his defense sounds?

I mean, you’re not wrong…

They just hurt me so routinely!

5cf6c0d2-a558-4a2f-a818-32f584dea40e_text.gif

The intersecting set of people who partook in 70's ski bum culture and those who presently participate on wrestling message boards is likely minimal. Given the audience and the repugnant 'skank' comment immediately preceding it to a reader, it doesn't surprise me that the joke's true meaning would be misunderstood. Hell, I even mistook it at first.

Yes, with hindsight of the potential for a misunderstanding of the joke to offend, it was ill-advised to post it, IMHO.
What he said was bad if it was aimed at Alli. Undercovers comment was a direct shot.

There will never be a truce with the cult. Iowa wrestling is a cult when it comes to people leaving. St. John,Metcalf,Gilman,Dresser, and others are going to be attacked and the people they love won't be safe either. A cult can't have people who leave escape with the rest of the cult seeing them as rational people. Anyone who leaves the cult of Hawkeye wrestling is going to be demonized and represented as a bad person. ISU fans watch Austin Gomez leave and still cheer for him. PSU fans brag up guys like Ruth and Frank the tank even though they left. Cenzo is still loved even though he left. This is not ok in Iowa circles. The minute you leave to pursue better opportunities you are labeled as bad in the Cult of Iowa.

There will never be a truce with the cult. Iowa wrestling is a cult when it comes to people leaving. St. John,Metcalf,Gilman,Dresser, and others are going to be attacked and the people they love won't be safe either. A cult can't have people who leave escape with the rest of the cult seeing them as rational people. Anyone who leaves the cult of Hawkeye wrestling is going to be demonized and represented as a bad person. ISU fans watch Austin Gomez leave and still cheer for him. PSU fans brag up guys like Ruth and Frank the tank even though they left. Cenzo is still loved even though he left. This is not ok in Iowa circles. The minute you leave to pursue better opportunities you are labeled as bad in the Cult of Iowa.
damn man is just a sport!!

So...

Carver DOES have a way of messing with chalk predictions but I can't see things swinging Iowa's way enough for them to win this dual unless some of our champs are not in the lineup. I agree that Bartlett has a shot at Woods for sure. He's improving fast and now seems to have the confidence necessary to go out there and take it to Real more than he did last time.

You went and nearly vomited tears in the Hawkeye report all night long LOL you are one hilarious burner account. Can’t imagine the real specimen behind it… Keep watching from a distance in your clown shoes. 😘
Hahaha. I woke up this morning inspired by your non sequitur gif. I channeled what if I were you.

4:30AM is normal for me. Typed over breakfast.

I see you followed up with a non sequitur ad hominem this time. Changing your diversionary tactics a little, I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues
Never thought of it like this, but this is 100% truth.

Carver DOES have a way of messing with chalk predictions but I can't see things swinging Iowa's way enough for them to win this dual unless some of our champs are not in the lineup. I agree that Bartlett has a shot at Woods for sure. He's improving fast and now seems to have the confidence necessary to go out there and take it to Real more than he did last time.
Cael has taken from Iowa most everything their little minds think is a truth, the next logical thing to go is Carver. PSU will throw a shutout against the Hawks and Cael will casually mention "we just feel at home wrestling in Carver!"

Hahaha. I woke up this morning inspired by your non sequitur gif. I channeled what if I were you.

4:30AM is normal for me. Typed over breakfast.

I see you followed up with a non sequitur ad hominem this time. Changing your diversionary tactics a little, I see.
Your work is impressive, I see it as a mix of Maverick/Iceman. I'm still a rookie, maybe above Bob, possibly Hangman/Rooster level.

To set it up well you take a moderate approach early on, say months out and slowly reverse field agreeing with the posters who initially disagreed with the crowd. If you have Vodka liking posts of yours I think you can say you're operating at a decent level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT