ADVERTISEMENT

Cody Chittum Flips Commitment From Iowa

This kid. Minnesota to Iowa to Iowa State. Did it have anything to do with the Voinovich signing yesterday

atomic bomb explosion GIF

This kid. Minnesota to Iowa to Iowa State. Did it have anything to do with the Voinovich signing yesterday
No, but he also moved all over the place in high school. 4 stops plus eventual home schooling before he was done.

Either way, more total incompetence from the Iowa staff. Awful to watch them step on rakes over and over again.

No, but he also moved all over the place in high school. 4 stops plus eventual home schooling before he was done.

Either way, more total incompetence from the Iowa staff. Awful to watch them step on rakes over and over again.

Awful?

Reactions: dbldoofus

If the story of Blair is true, he didn't overreact here.

Reactions: goldenanimal
What is a Cody Chittum for Victor Voinovich swap in NBA terms?
Might end up being closer than you think. There's a reason I haven't been over here talking about Chittum. His folkstyle results haven't been amazing the last 2 years and he's always hurt (and old). Add in the penchant for moving and a crazy dad, he's far from a sure thing. More of a grinder than a technician. Not an elite leg attacker. If he can put it all back together, then he has a high ceiling.

The larger concern is the lack of judgment from TNT to bring in a cancer like the Ferrari's. I don't think Chittum is the only kid on the team who feels that way. Insiders are saying there could be more fallout. This could be just the beginning.

You say that like you can't appreciate the hilariousness of the whole thing as it plays out before our own eyes.

Might end up being closer than you think. There's a reason I haven't been over here talking about Chittum. His folkstyle results haven't been amazing the last 2 years and he's always hurt (and old). Add in the penchant for moving and a crazy dad, he's far from a sure thing. More of a grinder than a technician. Not an elite leg attacker. If he can put it all back together, then he has a high ceiling.

The larger concern is the lack of judgment from TNT to bring in a cancer like the Ferrari's. I don't think Chittum is the only kid on the team who feels that way. Insiders are saying there could be more fallout. This could be just the beginning.
Chittum doesn't really have folk results though the last 2 years. He only wrestled at the Scuffle and people who point to the score of his Finesilver loss didn't watch it obviously (I even pointed it out when people were trying to downplay his potential as a Hawkeye) He was visibly hurt and took injury timeouts twice and had a tough time putting weight on one of his legs.

That being said, I do think Voinovich is a solid prospect, won't be Murin 2023 level immediately but will get there.

The problem with Chittum is the odds his body holds up for four years seem slim to none.

He’s not the problem child that the Ferraris are (who is?), but he definitely brings his own baggage

If —a very big if— Chittum stays healthy and doesn’t flip or transfer again, does ISU finally have the firepower to topple Iowa?

If —a very big if— Chittum stays healthy and doesn’t flip or transfer again, does ISU finally have the firepower to topple Iowa?
Probably not this year. Losing Coleman hurts more than gaining Chittum helps.

In the dual, ISU would have to win 3 out of 133, 157, 174, and 184.

In the postseason, Chittum would likely have to reach the finals.

So is someone implying the Ferarri's are still in play, or has the entire 2023-4 recruiting cycle house of cards come crashing down?

The 5% Iowa fan in me hopes no Ferrari's at Iowa for the sake of the program. This period from Spencer's loss onward to today could signal Rock bottom. They can build upward from here. No matter how you slice it, the associative property alone dictates, even sniffing a Ferrari leads you down a path towards unhealthy outcomes.

The rest of me, who just wants to beat them and be entertained in the process of doing so, still hopes they get all 3 Ferarri's. Not a healthy disposition on my part by any measure, (I should be embarrassed) but the sheer potential for a living hell on earth is there for years to come. I would like to see Brooks dismantle AJ as well.

Some of the greatest masterpieces of GIA threads have yet to be written, and IRONBIRD is just getting warmed up. He is the GOAT, while retaining years of not decades of eligibility. The potential is limitless.

For the health of the sport, Rutgers seems like a better marriage. Jersey shore should create a spinoff with the the F brothers at the center of that cast. I refuse to watch the original, but maybe....

So is someone implying the Ferarri's are still in play, or has the entire 2023-4 recruiting cycle house of cards come crashing down?

The 5% Iowa fan in me hopes no Ferrari's at Iowa for the sake of the program. This period from Spencer's loss onward to today could signal Rock bottom. They can build upward from here. No matter how you slice it, the associative property alone dictates, even sniffing a Ferrari leads you down a path towards unhealthy outcomes.

The rest of me, who just wants to beat them and be entertained in the process of doing so, still hopes they get all 3 Ferarri's. Not a healthy disposition on my part by any measure, (I should be embarrassed) but the sheer potential for a living hell on earth is there for years to come. I would like to see Brooks dismantle AJ as well.

Some of the greatest masterpieces of GIA threads have yet to be written, and IRONBIRD is just getting warmed up. He is the GOAT, while retaining years of not decades of eligibility. The potential is limitless.

For the health of the sport, Rutgers seems like a better marriage. Jersey shore should create a spinoff with the the F brothers at the center of that cast. I refuse to watch the original, but maybe....

FWIW,Poster on Iowa board says that 2 Iowa guys didn't get through admissions. Assuming AJ and Anthony.

Were those the guys wagering?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Being there is no sense in Iowa worrying about catching Penn State, Iowa can now focus goals that are with some good fortune obtainable. Like do the Hawks have the necessary talent to remain the top dog in the state of Iowa? Good possibility that isn't the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT