ADVERTISEMENT

Browns just gave up a 7 play 12 yard TD drive

If the Brownies can un-Brown themselves and win this the Steelers will amazingly lead the division.

…. And browns win. If you don’t follow the browns you miss some of the most entertaining football in the NFL W or L

…. And browns win. If you don’t follow the browns you miss some of the most entertaining football in the NFL W or L
I used to be a huge Browns fan. However, they are so hugely miss managed that I only have tepid interest in them now. What idiots would hire Hue Jackson as head coach and pick Baker Mayfield as the number one pick.

Interesting that they have a great defense this year but being the Browns the only reasonable expectation is that they will screw it up. Would be happy if I am proved wrong.

I used to be a huge Browns fan. However, they are so hugely miss managed that I only have tepid interest in them now. What idiots would hire Hue Jackson as head coach and pick Baker Mayfield as the number one pick.

Interesting that they have a great defense this year but being the Browns the only reasonable expectation is that they will screw it up. Would be happy if I am proved wrong.
Agree. But I'll say that the John Dorsey, who drafted Mayfield, was a heck of a player personnel guy. He is the guy who built the KC Chiefs and is now helping build the Lions.

But I will say that they are ENTERTAINING.

Agree. But I'll say that the John Dorsey, who drafted Mayfield, was a heck of a player personnel guy. He is the guy who built the KC Chiefs and is now helping build the Lions.

But I will say that they are ENTERTAINING.
Lots of good draft picks on defense. To me what you call entertaining is more having your heart ripped out by blunders causing losses. The opening loss to the New York Jets last year sticks out in my mind. That being said, a win over the Ravens is impressive.

Lots of good draft picks on defense. To me what you call entertaining is more having your heart ripped out by blunders causing losses. The opening loss to the New York Jets last year sticks out in my mind. That being said, a win over the Ravens is impressive.
Yep. That Jets loss was unreal. I recall them losing a game like that when the Quiet Storm was on CLE's DL. Up by 14 with six minutes to go and still losing (IIRC). But I grew up a lifelong Steeler fan, still root for them, but CLE is just so entertaining. Hardly a game goes by that doesn't spark considerable conversation.

Watching the Ravens/Browns, I kept seeing the DL kind of huddle before plays. I've never seen that before. I am starting to hear stories that the DL was given authority to change it up and confuse blocking/Jackson. If they left a gap, so be it. The Ravens will get their yards. But let the DL freelance instead of letting the Ravens plan against a defined set of options they saw on film and could prepare for. Causing mass confusion, in the middle of the field, may be the future of defenses.

I read, several years ago, that many DCs were teaching teams to go for turnovers in the middle of the field because it was so hard to stop an offense until they get into the red zone. If you get a sack or a penalty, that is a different story. But playing to stop an NFL offense between the 20's was mathematically less then 50% unless they shot themselves in the foot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT