ADVERTISEMENT

Brennan Marion will interview for OC!

My concern with a hire like this is Franklin’s ability to dictate to a young up and coming coach regarding the offense. So even if Marion is a stud with an innovative offense, we may not actually get to see that on the field.

Thanks for posting this. I know nothing of Brennan Marion, but upon reading the article I initially liked what I was reading until I hit this part:

"Its architect — who is, unlike so many coaches dubbed offensive innovators, a young black man — remains fairly unknown: Brennan is in his first year as the wide receiver coach at Hawaii, which won’t play football this season due to the coronavirus pandemic. But there’s growing belief that offense he full unveiled three years ago is the next significant iteration in ever-more complex offensive schemes meant to take advantage of versatile QBs."

And this:

"While Marion’s offense looks modern above the surface, those two backs give it old-school roots. With two backs in the backfield and a mobile quarterback, Marion says, “you can run every run play that’s ever been created in football.” Throw in some unbalanced formations and a dash of tempo, and the defense has a lot on its plate."

Sounds fit for Pribula, but what about Allar?
Very good point. We need an offense to fit our personal. But on the next page of this thread is a video clip of Marion explaining the basics of his offense and at the very end he says it works with a Qb that is not a great runner. The key is that you need a Qb that knows how to distribute the ball.

And he says it is important to push the ball down the field and have deep threats. Something we severely lacked this year.

Very good point. We need an offense to fit our personal. But on the next page of this thread is a video clip of Marion explaining the basics of his offense and at the very end he says it works with a Qb that is not a great runner. The key is that you need a Qb that knows how to distribute the ball.

And he says it is important to push the ball down the field and have deep threats. Something we severely lacked this year.
What we need is an actual good OC.

Sorry but can't have a history of consistent office against top teams coaching at UNLV. They play level B and C schools. I doubt if this is true.
Yep, would be a huge risk to jump him to OC at a top program. I could see him being hired as a position coach or an offensive analyst and give him a couple years to adapt. More likely he goes to a lower tier school like Vanderbilt, Indiana, Northwestern type.

Yep, would be a huge risk to jump him to OC at a top program. I could see him being hired as a position coach or an offensive analyst and give him a couple years to adapt. More likely he goes to a lower tier school like Vanderbilt, Indiana, Northwestern type.
Agreed. Just like the Manny Diaz hire, we need an established oc who has been around the block. No young up and comers who have primarily low level cfb or high school experience. This is PSU, not Hawaii.

Best oc in the game. Listen to Texas lion, he straight up called the MY blunder 3 years ago. He agrees with me on Marion

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Cmon, this guy is clearly the wrong choice.
Yeah becase you have done extensive research on the guy??

Do you know even this guys story? How about a coach that has always done more with less

hmm what do other coaches say in one on ones Q/A's?

What can he do with different personnel?

How about maybe help teach your wideouts to get open as a bonus-- nah PSU doesnt have that problem
He only as a wideout himself still holds the most yards per reception NCAA record

Nah your right he clearly isnt capable????

Do some research before you open your pie hole
Clown

Do you know even this guys story? How about a coach that has always done more with less

How about maybe help teach your wideouts to get open as a bonus-- nah PSU doesnt have that problem
He only as a wideout himself still holds the most yards per reception NCAA record

Clown
This just makes it hurt more now that Franklin hired another big 12 touch football oc...smh.

I’m mystified how so many people on one football board can be off their meds for such an extended period of time.
You aren't paying attention to the other boards then, Because they're far worse, following flight tracker apps,SEKRAH, etc

What we need is an actual good OC.

And realizes that in the Big 10, defense is for real. That was a criticism of Yurcich. He ripped it up in a league that didn't play defense.

I loathe that Franklin always seems go for the bright and shiniest object. He needs to know what kind of team he wants and select accordingly, AND, don't force feed an offensive system on personal who aren't fit for it (witness Rich Fraudreguez at UM, and to a lesser extent our own John Donovan.).

And realizes that in the Big 10, defense is for real. That was a criticism of Yurcich. He ripped it up in a league that didn't play defense.

I loathe that Franklin always seems go for the bright and shiniest object. He needs to know what kind of team he wants and select accordingly, AND, don't force feed an offensive system on personal who aren't fit for it (witness Rich Fraudreguez at UM, and to a lesser extent our own John Donovan.).
And he has done it yet again: hired yet another guy from the big 12.

This just makes it hurt more now that Franklin hired another big 12 touch football oc...smh.
well he was at Pitt too but then again the Duzz didnt make him OC so I have to think like Costanza and do the opposite of the Duzz

The difference between Penn State and the big dogs is the coaches. Defensively they match up but are short on the offensive side and need experienced guys to run the show. Across the board.

The difference between Penn State and the big dogs is the coaches. Defensively they match up but are short on the offensive side and need experienced guys to run the show. Across the board.

And that's on Franklin. He's supposed to determine the type of offensive the team is supposed to play.

Has anyone definitely, actually or officially been hired, or is all this just the pre hire pissing contest in preparation for the real, actual official board meltdown?

Clown
Results are all that matter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT