ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Predictions 2016 - 2017

Here you go:

1. Suriano makes national finals. Shows he has the mat skills, determination and gas tank to beat anyone in this weight class now and projected to be in this weight class in the future. Spencer who?

2. Cortez will get bonus points in 25% of his matches.

3. JG will have some great wins, some head scratching losses, barely qualify for nationals and be crowned a national champion.

4. Between Zain, Jason, Cenzo and Bo a maximum of 3 losses combined through all duals and tournaments.

5. Myles Martin's high water mark was 2016 nationals.

6. Rasheed and Nevills will AA.

7. Penn State to be national champs and set a record for most points scored by a Penn State team at nationals.
I hope you are right on number 3, he seems like a really nice and hard working young man.

You seem like a good dude...which I can respect, but put the shoe on the other foot. Posting some of the stuff in this thread (from amongst our homer's) on the HR board, and it would be attacked mercilessly. Don't stop...just be aware of where you are.

Not quite accurate. First, he would be called a troll. Second, he would be told in no uncertain terms that there was no way ANY of the predictions would come true. Three, he would be told to go back to his own board. Four, when all five of his predictions came true, the board would start weaseling around and revise history to make it clear the board never said what it said or that they couldn't post what they really thought at the time of the original post because kids and their parents visit the board and it might hurt recruiting.

Not quite accurate. First, he would be called a troll. Second, he would be told in no uncertain terms that there was no way ANY of the predictions would come true. Three, he would be told to go back to his own board. Four, when all five of his predictions came true, the board would start weaseling around and revise history to make it clear the board never said what it said or that they couldn't post what they really thought at the time of the original post because kids and their parents visit the board and it might hurt recruiting.

Tell us what you really think! Good stuff.

People were expecting transcendence - Bojo this, Bojo that. Like the seldom seen Kraken coming to wreak vengeance. It's a case where the hype was out of control as he clearly is an excellent wrestler - just not the new Taylor or Ringer. Nothing wrong with that.

I saw posts during his true freshman year saying he'd give DT all he could handle. From what I've seen, Taylor would tilt him mercilessly.

BoJo this, BoJo that
But Bo don't know jack
Cuz Bo can't rap

Rip Malik the Five Foot Freak

I'll give 6 predictions
1. David Terao makes the NCAA finals
2. Michael Kemerer makes the NCAA finals
3. Jason Nolf loses a match
4. Alex Marinelli wins midlands
5. David McFandden fails to AA
6. Zach Epperly wins 174

The key word being bold predictions. I'm not sure any of these happen, but crazy things are bound to happen so I'm sure some people in this thread will be correct.

Reactions: jtothemfp
David Taylor starts up and calls his new wrestling school Even Younger Guns. HR posters cry foul when new Even Younger Gun Gavin Teasdale switches his commitment from Iowa to Penn State.

I'll give 6 predictions
1. David Terao makes the NCAA finals
2. Michael Kemerer makes the NCAA finals
3. Jason Nolf loses a match
4. Alex Marinelli wins midlands
5. David McFandden fails to AA
6. Zach Epperly wins 174

The key word being bold predictions. I'm not sure any of these happen, but crazy things are bound to happen so I'm sure some people in this thread will be correct.

#1 seems impossible to me. Anybody else feel equally sure?

Anyone want to throw down a bet in the Gilman vs Suriano match? Loser donates 50$ to the Young Guns club?..:):D

Reactions: purescurve
4 freshman eligible wrestlers reach the podium @165

Bold indeed!! Only done one since 2009, when 5 freshmen AA'd at 125 in 2014.

3 has been done 3 times in the last 7 years; 141 in 2015, 285 in 2012, and 125 in 2010.

Bold indeed!! Only done one since 2009, when 5 freshmen AA'd at 125 in 2014.

3 has been done 3 times in the last 7 years; 141 in 2015, 285 in 2012, and 125 in 2010.

Three FR AA's at Hwt in one year is mighty impressive! Thanks for stats, Roar.

I remember Ryan Flores from American coming in as top seed and getting his bell rung in a match against Zack Rey. I thought Big Bob made All American because of a win by medical forfeit against Flores, but I just looked at the bracket and saw that Telford got the MFF in the 5th place match and would have been an AA even without the injury to Flores.

I remember Ryan Flores from American coming in as top seed and getting his bell rung in a match against Zack Rey. I thought Big Bob made All American because of a win by medical forfeit against Flores, but I just looked at the bracket and saw that Telford got the MFF in the 5th place match and would have been an AA even without the injury to Flores.

Flores got hurt (concussion I believe) in the finals against Rey. Watching from the stands I was SHOCKED that neither the refs or the AU coaches stopped the match. It was obvious that Flores was just barely aware of where he was.

My bold prediction (and this is just for NoVa Lion): Next time I make it to Rec Hall, I will not nearly get ticketed for holding up traffic at the parking garage!

Yes, it was fairly obvious that Flores was concussed (it was a semi against Rey though, not a final). I think everybody in the world except for Tim Foley was shocked that nobody stopped the match. (Foley actually is on record saying it was an acting job)

Disclaimer* I come in peace and hopefully don't get my head ripped off.... (as these will be just PSU and Hawk bold predictions)

1. Clark 1-2 against Cortez (winning at NCAAs if they even meet)
2. Stoll Vs. The World... High AA
3. * Sorensen beating Zain during the dual, but losing at NCAAs
4. Marinelli taking 4th................................................. lucky draw
5. Hawks team title

Not really a bold prediction but positive thinking- a loss or possibly two in the regular season duals will ultimately be good for the hawks overall mindset come March

I'll cite Chickenman T here... "I feel like either people are drinking Absinthe before posting or this is an illegal Opium Den."

I like when Iowa posters come up with "fantasia". It let's me know the world in Iowa... is completely where it normally is. Bold predictions= Fantasy Please... by all means. I derive so much pleasure from reading posts like your own. Bold predictions should have some premise that it could happen. But having NO CHANCE... is saying what???

Reactions: 21Guns
Flores got hurt (concussion I believe) in the finals against Rey. Watching from the stands I was SHOCKED that neither the refs or the AU coaches stopped the match. It was obvious that Flores was just barely aware of where he was.
They did face in the 2011 finals, but the concussion match was in the 2012 semis. And "barely aware" is probably generous toward Flores -- that match was an embarrassment for the sport.

1. One of the Brand's brothers has a mild coronary trying to get a stalling call when his wrestler is behind 7-2, with those 2 being scored on given escapes.
2. 3 #1 seeds will lose in the semis.
3 oHIo State fans will be surprised to learn their team is better dual team than tournament.
4 Virgina Tech will finish behind Missouri.
5. Cowboys will get at least one team point at HVY.

Reactions: jtothemfp
1. One of the Brand's brothers has a mild coronary trying to get a stalling call when his wrestler is behind 7-2, with those 2 being scored on given escapes.
2. 3 #1 seeds will lose in the semis.
3 oHIo State fans will be surprised to learn their team is better dual team than tournament.
4 Virgina Tech will finish behind Missouri.
5. Cowboys will get at least one team point at HVY.

The Brands bros combined resting heart rate is 50. They don't get coronary's, they give them out to thy enemy!

resting=50, one of their boys losing =500;)
That's whats make Tom and Terry so special. They put their heart and soul into it. Hours and hours of shedding blood, sweat and tears trying to coach young men to be their absolute best. World Champion hero's in my book. Great men. Great ambassadors of the sport. Everything they do is about being a champion at life.

Reactions: RoarLions1
That's whats make Tom and Terry so special. They put their heart and soul into it. Hours and hours of shedding blood, sweat and tears trying to coach young men to be their absolute best. World Champion hero's in my book. Great men. Great ambassadors of the sport. Everything they do is about being a champion at life.

If they could only refrain from infantile behavior at matside, I might be buying. Until then, not so much.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
If they could only refrain from infantile behavior at matside, I might be buying. Until then, not so much.
You wouldn't buy it if they were sitting completely still in their chairs on Saturday night. Some will hate just to hate.

There is a big difference between aggressive behavior at matside, emotional behavior for your own kid, in comparison to stopping the match 2 or 3 times for phony red flags and phony timeouts to buy your wrestler a lunger. Looking at you, Perry.

You sir are not only bold but mean. ;)
I felt dirty posting that yet realized it will eventually fade...

j1iHmQF.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT