ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Predictions 2016 - 2017

I would love to understand what that means. For those like spyker who have witnessed a psu practice it's pretty intense. But that to me is more athlete driven than coach driven a majority of the time.

Maybe he was once the fat kid in dodgeball?
I guarantee you I read that, but I can't find it now. I'm going to be late for work because I've been searching for 15 minutes. However the practices are, they seem to be working.

I would love to understand what that means. For those like spyker who have witnessed a psu practice it's pretty intense. But that to me is more athlete driven than coach driven a majority of the time.

I'd prefer to interpret that comment (and I've never seen the original, only seen it referenced dozens of times here and elsewhere) in the most favorable light possible to Jordan because I think it's likely he didn't intend it as a slight or bulletin board material. The kindest way to interpret it is that of someone being aware that his personality didn't fit the room. Perhaps he had a negative association between guys screwing around at practice in HS and what he was trying to accomplish, and his small sample size of a PSU practice reminded him of that.

No need to defend PSU in the above example, the proof is in the last six years of pudding, just figured I'd advance the unpopular opinion that maybe whatever he said was more benign than it sounded.

Reactions: Onceafish

Maybe he can't bust a watermelon, or can't sing.

Or maybe no tanning beds in Lorenzo.

You sure Pucillo and Magrum won't?
We'll just have Cael glare at them and they'll pee their pants like the lower-level pack animals they are.

cael.png

Not sure about last sentence, but I'm generally with you. There is this aura around him, but his lack of mat skills on bottom currently limits his ceiling. He's still damn good and a pinner, but the reality doesn't yet match the hype.

Not sure what people were expecting but BoJo finished 3rd as a RS Frosh and as a RS Soph, both years in a weight class that had Dierenger so I don't see how he could have finished much higher. His cousin does seem to have his number.

Not sure what people were expecting but BoJo finished 3rd as a RS Frosh and as a RS Soph, both years in a weight class that had Dierenger so I don't see how he could have finished much higher. His cousin does seem to have his number.
People were expecting transcendence - Bojo this, Bojo that. Like the seldom seen Kraken coming to wreak vengeance. It's a case where the hype was out of control as he clearly is an excellent wrestler - just not the new Taylor or Ringer. Nothing wrong with that.

I saw posts during his true freshman year saying he'd give DT all he could handle. From what I've seen, Taylor would tilt him mercilessly.

People were expecting transcendence - Bojo this, Bojo that. Like the seldom seen Kraken coming to wreak vengeance. It's a case where the hype was out of control as he clearly is an excellent wrestler - just not the new Taylor or Ringer. Nothing wrong with that.

I saw posts during his true freshman year saying he'd give DT all he could handle. From what I've seen, Taylor would tilt him mercilessly.
In my case, not true at all. I don't carry expectations about a wrestler around with me.

BoJo still has a lot more to show IMO. I think if he can go a whole season healthy you might see a better product out on the mat. Nobody likes giving the tan some flak like me, but I think BoJo is underestimated a bit. His FR season he was injured for the first half then had to wrestle with a metal plate in his shoe. But wrestled fantastic at NCAAs. He had a lower body injury this season as well early on I believe, plus he had a kid, and he was sucking back down to 165. His cousin honestly has his number lol, 0-4 against Zeke. The guy only has 5 career losses, 1 to Dieringer and 4 to his cousin, with whom he has the utmost familiarity and vice versa. I think a healthy BoJo at 174 will have a lot to show. Would expect to see him in the finals opposite Nickal. I can't wait to watch the two Bo's go at it next year.

Disclaimer* I come in peace and hopefully don't get my head ripped off.... (as these will be just PSU and Hawk bold predictions)

1. Clark 1-2 against Cortez (winning at NCAAs if they even meet)
2. Stoll Vs. The World... High AA
3. * Sorensen beating Zain during the dual, but losing at NCAAs
4. Marinelli taking 4th................................................. lucky draw
5. Hawks team title

Not really a bold prediction but positive thinking- a loss or possibly two in the regular season duals will ultimately be good for the hawks overall mindset come March

Disclaimer* I come in peace and hopefully don't get my head ripped off.... (as these will be just PSU and Hawk bold predictions)

4. Marinelli taking 4th................................................. lucky draw
5. Hawks team title

Not really a bold prediction but positive thinking- a loss or possibly two in the regular season duals will ultimately be good for the hawks overall mindset come March
Not ripping your head off, but I just don't see the bonus point opportunities, for Iowa to win the title and Zain would need to be wrestling injured for Sorensen to even have any chance of beating Zain.

5. Hawks team title

I want whatever your smoking. Appears to be some good stuff.

Those are the most bold predictions around these parts. So I guess they fit the OP.

Reactions: NittanyLion84

5. Hawks team title

I'll bet all I own that... Brandon Sorensen isn't ever beating Z-Pain. BS couldn't score a legitimate offensive pt against Zain in two matches. How's BS going to BS his way to a win?

Marinelli will be lucky start let alone AA.

Hawks winning the team title over PENN STATE? How high are you right now? How much do you drink on a regular basis. I'll take any bet you want on 3, 4 and 5.

It would be more bold to say Minnie is capable of scoring more than 6 team points in this dual.
What do you think would be the over/under for Goofer individual points in the dual?

I'm thinking maybe o/u = 40 ... understanding that Jason and Cenzo will each give up about 8 escapes.

Thats why they are bold predictions my friends, it would be easy and boring to rattle off things that will "probably" happen. Plus, I would never bet on such odds, just having some fun!! I'm pretty new on here, but man does that "Amalone" seem touchy...
You seem like a good dude...which I can respect, but put the shoe on the other foot. Posting some of the stuff in this thread (from amongst our homer's) on the HR board, and it would be attacked mercilessly. Don't stop...just be aware of where you are.

So does anyone have eany bold predictions for the wrestling season, not just limited to Penn state. For instance I have a couple predictions.

1, IMar will not win his 3rd national championship.

2, Iowa will not have any national champions.

Let me know what you think and if you have a y of your own.
Here you go:

1. Suriano makes national finals. Shows he has the mat skills, determination and gas tank to beat anyone in this weight class now and projected to be in this weight class in the future. Spencer who?

2. Cortez will get bonus points in 25% of his matches.

3. JG will have some great wins, some head scratching losses, barely qualify for nationals and be crowned a national champion.

4. Between Zain, Jason, Cenzo and Bo a maximum of 3 losses combined through all duals and tournaments.

5. Myles Martin's high water mark was 2016 nationals.

6. Rasheed and Nevills will AA.

7. Penn State to be national champs and set a record for most points scored by a Penn State team at nationals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT