ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Predictions 2016 - 2017

rakes6293

Mar 24, 2015
So does anyone have eany bold predictions for the wrestling season, not just limited to Penn state. For instance I have a couple predictions.

1, IMar will not win his 3rd national championship.

2, Iowa will not have any national champions.

Let me know what you think and if you have a y of your own.

So does anyone have eany bold predictions for the wrestling season, not just limited to Penn state. For instance I have a couple predictions.

1, IMar will not win his 3rd national championship.

2, Iowa will not have any national champions.

Let me know what you think and if you have a y of your own.
1.) Jered Cortez will beat Corey Clark at some point in the season, and they may well meet 3 times. 2) Somebody knocks off Gabe Dean at NCAAs 3) Joey Dance bumps to 133

Nolf and zain combined will settle for only 3 regular decisions in the regular season. With both going undefeated.

Psu will break the psu record for AA in a year.

Psu will see 15 different wrestlers in dual meets.

Wreckhall will shirt but make finals at SS

Psu will place all 15 wrestlers at SS

Psu will shut out 3 opponents in duals

Psu will score 40 points in duals in >8 matches and AVG 30+ points in duals.

Not sure if all are bold but I tried.

Reactions: jtothemfp
That would be something. If the same teams return, he's finishing ahead of Piccinnini, Cruz, Moisey ... is Micic definitely going 133?

I like it.
Is Michigan attending the Scuffle this year? We don't know...last year, they just sent backups (but did count it as a team date).

Regular season, (Zain + Jason + Bo) bonus pt wins > (rest of the starters) losses.

Reactions: dunkej01
-Mark Hall beats Bo Nickal this year in an open tournament.
-Kaid Brock wins the scuffle
-Gabe Dean WINS his 3rd title.
-Zahid Valencia makes the finals against Bo Nickal
-Bo Nickal doesn't lose to Myles Martin again

Crazy is my middle name.

149 goes Zain, Collica, Micah, Sorenson.

No Jordans make the finals.

Sam Stoll makes the final, gets NF on his opponent, but loses.

Jimmy closes his career in top 4.

Brooks and Meyer score under 13 combined at NCAAs.

When will Pitt get serious about wrestling? It's embarrassing that they are in the hottest part of the hotbed of PA and can't do squat with it.
Pitt has 4 PA state champs on its roster.
NC State has 3 PA state champs, plus 2 national prep champs from PA schools. (At least 2 of them are world team members as well.)
Conclusion: NC State is out-recruiting Pitt in Pennsylvania.

All 10 penn state starting wrestlers complained about fatigue after their dual match at Minnesota. Trainer said it was probably nothing to worry about and something about osmosis.

All 10 penn state starting wrestlers complained about fatigue after their dual match at Minnesota. Trainer said it was probably nothing to worry about and something about osmosis.
Some reason I was thinking the trainer (Dan Monthley, if anybody is wondering) was a full-fledged doctor. Just learned (via a staff directory search) that that wasn't the case...he's also going into his 30th year at Penn State!

Just in case anybody thinks I tried to go through private information to get that info, here it is for all to see: http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/monthley_dan00.html Took me about five clicks.

Last edited:
Oh, and while we're on it, here's my bold prediction: The Dual Championship Series' Championship dual is held in Columbia, Missouri...

Iowa fails to score any offensive points while going ofer in the NCAA championship round and HR has a collective melt down about the stalling everybody does while scoring multiple offensive points against Iowa.

Gee, for some reason while writing that I had a strong sense of deja vu.

You're right -- you're crazy. If Stoll's knee is fully recovered, he's still at best 4th in the B10 behind Snyder, Coon, and Medbery. And you really think he's scoring any offensive points against Snyder?
Late night post after running in the heat - I was digging for max crazy. I actually thought it could happen from ref's position on top, at the whistle, sans takedown.

PSU will have 9 AAs.
Myles Martin will not make the top 6 at 184.
Imar will win his 3rd title but will lose at least once before NCAAs.
Dean will not win his 3rd title.
Someone that no one expects will be a finalist. OK, that isn't really that bold as it pretty much happens every year.
VT will once again keep Iowa off the team podium at NCAAs.

Reactions: amalone
Snyder wins Silver in Rio, also takes runner up in NCAA finals.

Zain, Nolf, and Nickal combine for 2 losses on the year(with those being BoJo over BoNickal 2x).

Snyder wins Silver in Rio, also takes runner up in NCAA finals.

Zain, Nolf, and Nickal combine for 2 losses on the year(with those being BoJo over BoNickal 2x).
No disrespect to you, but I never found the fascination in BoJo. He's very good, but eminently beatable. Just ask his cousin. Sometimes watching him wrestle, I don't think his heart is 100% into wrestling.

No disrespect to you, but I never found the fascination in BoJo. He's very good, but eminently beatable. Just ask his cousin. Sometimes watching him wrestle, I don't think his heart is 100% into wrestling.

Maybe that had to do with his weight? Also, those matches with his talented cousin were super close. Again, these are Bold predictions, I'm not running to Vegas betting BoJo. Nickal is beatable at times as well and I think BoJo's style matches well.

Maybe that had to do with his weight? Also, those matches with his talented cousin were super close. Again, these are Bold predictions, I'm not running to Vegas betting BoJo. Nickal is beatable at times as well and I think BoJo's style matches well.
I know. I was just making an observation about BoJo, and less about your prediction. Weight could be a factor.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I know. I was just making an observation about BoJo, and less about your prediction. Weight could be a factor.

I expected more from BoJo as well last few years maybe given so much hype entering. Cael almost landed him, maybe things would be different for BoJo

Not sure about last sentence, but I'm generally with you. There is this aura around him, but his lack of mat skills on bottom currently limits his ceiling. He's still damn good and a pinner, but the reality doesn't yet match the hype.

I expected more from BoJo as well last few years maybe given so much hype entering. Cael almost landed him, maybe things would be different for BoJo
Bojo was interviewed and said our room wasn't serious enough for him. I can't find the link - it may have been the Columbus Dispatch.

I guess our guys don't "embrace the grind" enough. :eek:

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Bojo was interviewed and said our room wasn't serious enough for him. I can't find the link - it may have been the Columbus Dispatch.

I guess our guys don't "embrace the grind" enough. :eek:

I would love to understand what that means. For those like spyker who have witnessed a psu practice it's pretty intense. But that to me is more athlete driven than coach driven a majority of the time.

Maybe he was once the fat kid in dodgeball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT