ADVERTISEMENT

Bills Steelers game may get moved to Cleveland

Right now they are calling for an inch or two of snow but 25 to 35 mph winds. I doubt it gets moved but the NFL has put the stadium authority on notice to maintain the facility and keep a crew on hold.
I'm sure my Steeler buddies would get a warm welcome in Cleveland.................................Not!

If the move the game, why move it to fricken Cleveland? Why not Atlanta or Miami or Vegas or somewhere with decent weather?
Ever seen a Cuyahoga sunset?

giphy.gif

Buffalo: 25 degrees with snow and 40 to 50 mph wind

Cleveland: 25 degrees and snow with 30 to 40 mph wind.

Seems like a push...BUT if it happens it takes a little starch out of the home field advantage.

Reactions: psu00
If they are considering moving it wouldn't it be a better plan to move it to an indoor facility? Even Detroit. Wouldn't bother Steeler fans as they would show up on the moon. we'd see how loyal the Bills fans really are.......

Cleveland - the Carribean of the north.
Actually, go to Presque Isle State Park in Erie, Pa. The zebra mussels have cleaned the water so well that it is blue as the Caribbean. Just wear swimming shoes as shattered shells can be tough on your feet. Beautiful park and swimming fresh water leaves you without all that salt on you.

If they are considering moving it wouldn't it be a better plan to move it to an indoor facility? Even Detroit. Wouldn't bother Steeler fans as they would show up on the moon. we'd see how loyal the Bills fans really are.......
4 hour drive from Buffalo so they’d probably show up in mass

Detroit is a great option except Lions host Rams Sunday night at eight.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Actually, go to Presque Isle State Park in Erie, Pa. The zebra mussels have cleaned the water so well that it is blue as the Caribbean. Just wear swimming shoes as shattered shells can be tough on your feet. Beautiful park and swimming fresh water leaves you without all that salt on you.
A fabulous park. I often walked around it when I lived in Corry around 2005. Amazing in the winter

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I think you all missed the reason it would be moved. It's not the "weather" but the "State of Emergency" some of these weak ass governors like to declare because winter is a new thing and they don't know how to handle it.

I think you all missed the reason it would be moved. It's not the "weather" but the "State of Emergency" some of these weak ass governors like to declare because winter is a new thing and they don't know how to handle it.

Have you seen NY's governor? Bills stadium might be needed for emergency shelter for, um, people fleeing vicious Central American snow storms.

One of the Bills' games in November 2022, I believe against Cleveland, was moved to Detroit because of a massive lake effect snow storm.

It's absurd for the most important games of the season to be played in unsafe and inhuman conditions like in KC tomorrow night and Buffalo on Sunday. And I say this as a person who doesn't consider himself to be soft.

I'm sure that many of you know this, but the stretch between Erie and Buffalo has to be one of the most treacherous highways when there are lake effect snow storms, and that's the highway that many people who are going to that game will be using.

By the way, my brother just texted me that the forecast now is for 10 inches of snow, so that game, if played in Buffalo, isn't going to resemble a football game at all.

Last edited:
One of the Bills' games in November 2022, I believe against Cleveland, was moved to Detroit because of a massive lake effect snow storm.

It's absurd for the most important games of the season to be played in unsafe and inhuman conditions like in KC tomorrow night and Buffalo on Sunday. And I say this as a person who doesn't consider himself to be soft.

I'm sure that many of you know this, but the stretch between Erie and Buffalo has to be one of the most treacherous highways when there are lake effect snow storms, and that's the highway that many people who are going to that game will be using.

By the way, my brother just texted me that the forecast now is for 10 inches of snow, so that game, if played in Buffalo, isn't going to resemble a football game at all.
Kc game….high of 4 tomorrow, low of minus 9. Wind gusts of 30 MPH. KC will not be above eleven degrees until Wednesday. Should have played the game today.

Steelers/Buffalo…. Improved to a high of 27 but winds up to 35 with ten inches of snow. Saturday high of 39 but falling with winds over 50. Perhaps a Saturday 11AM kickoff?

Kc game….high of 4 tomorrow, low of minus 9. Wind gusts of 30 MPH. KC will not be above eleven degrees until Wednesday. Should have played the game today.

Steelers/Buffalo…. Improved to a high of 27 but winds up to 35 with ten inches of snow. Saturday high of 39 but falling with winds over 50. Perhaps a Saturday 11AM kickoff?
I am seeing 3-6" and 27~17 degrees. However, 33 mph winds with gusts of up to 66 mph. This is after 3-6 inches on Saturday.

CLE isn't much better with very little snow but a high of 18 and winds of 29 and gusts of 59.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I am seeing 3-6" and 27~17 degrees. However, 33 mph winds with gusts of up to 66 mph. This is after 3-6 inches on Saturday.

CLE isn't much better with very little snow but a high of 18 and winds of 29 and gusts of 59.
I heard that there also is a gale warning on Lake Erie, with very large waves.

What are the chances that Kathy Hochul declares a state of emergency for western New York

77" of snow in Orchard Park. Fans showed up at players homes to dig them out so they could get to the airport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT