ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 4 Thread

Listen watch the replay...Mark Hall had that takedown and Ryan was screaming for a review and they took it away...There was 1 second on the clock...Should not have went to OT....

Time was out when ref awarded it. But he had it 3 seconds prior

You can't have a #2 seed get pinned in three of his five matches. Simple as that.

I don't believe I've ever seen that happen before. How in the hell does that happen? The Maryland kid, he beat that kid during the season. He beat Gasca last year.

Psychology is the hardest part of the sport to figure out, when it goes south, it's hard to get back.

Tomasello outstanding wrestler as per btn. How does that work ? Seems strange to me. If not to Retherford or Nolf as pts leaders, how about Kolin Moore.

No real issues with anyone in this tournament but Bo and Jimmy. Bo should be fine and let's hope the seeding works out. Let's hope Jimmy has 1 last run in him and Nick can get as close to ready to go as possible.

Bo will remain the #2 Seed imho based on the strength of overall record and a win over Brooks. Rankings prior to B1Gs were #1 Dean, #2 Nickal, #3 Brooks, #4 Boyd, #5 Dudley, #6 Zavatsky and #7 Martin. The Top 3 likely don't change - Dudley likely drops several spots and Martin might move up a couple.

How many points would have Suriano given us if he wrestled. If he isn't ready to go for finals we don't have a shot in Nationals either

Hard to say but for reference, Nico scored 21 last year with a pigtail (MD, MD, Dec, Dec). And Conaway chipped in 9 at 133 (also had a pigtail).

Bo will remain the #2 Seed imho based on the strength of overall record and a win over Brooks. Rankings prior to B1Gs were #1 Dean, #2 Nickal, #3 Brooks, #4 Boyd, #5 Dudley, #6 Zavatsky and #7 Martin. The Top 3 likely don't change - Dudley likely drops several spots and Martin might move up a couple.

Which is a break for us. If Nickal holds the 2 seed, and Martin moves up, then he doesn't see him.

Hard to say but for reference, Nico scored 21 last year with a pigtail (MD, MD, Dec, Dec). And Conaway chipped in 9 at 133 (also had a pigtail).

Without Mark Hall we finish 3rd. But hey, there were only 200 anti shirt burning jokes before it happened.

125 - 141

OSU 40 points, PSU 3.5 points

With Suriano and Cortez out I expected they would get a good head start, but not by that much.

Pletcher outscoring Jimmy 13.5 to 3.5 was not expected in the least.

125 - 141

OSU 40 points, PSU 3.5 points

With Suriano and Cortez out I expected they would get a good head start, but not by that much.

Pletcher outscoring Jimmy 13.5 to 3.5 was not expected in the least.

Too much pressure on the kid. Same thing happened to the Alton boys.

I think you trust the coaches and trainers to make the right decision, when it needs to be made. They have the real-time information. We don't.

Hey, if Nick wants to give it a shot, they might agree to it, but honestly, you saw it and so did I.

He can't walk. If he can get well in 10 days fine, but it's not enough time.

Without Mark Hall we finish 3rd. But hey, there were only 200 anti shirt burning jokes before it happened.

Hall, Cenzo, Nevills, and Cutch all wrestled really well, I thought (along with ZR and Nolf). I believe all 6 wrestled to seed. Add Nickal and we'll be bringing some serious firepower to St Louis.

This is the time in the day where 21 Guns repeats the same exact shit every 2 mins.

Fun stuff. Time for me to log off.

Awesome. Nice to see you still obsessing over me during a wrestling tournament. Don't forget to pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow, extra startch.

I made this comment yesterday that I wasnt sure that Bo would #2. HIs case is good to hold it but if he is the #3 no tears.
Martin probably moves up to #6 having beaten dudley.

So Bo v MM VII is very probably.

Weigel pinned Jake Smith. McCutcheon could get the #5 seed. Joseph should get the #3 seed. Hopefully, Nevills can get the #3 seed.

Tomasello outstanding wrestler as per btn. How does that work ? Seems strange to me. If not to Retherford or Nolf as pts leaders, how about Kolin Moore.

Or Imar.

No way in Hell NaTo should have been named as OW. What a joke.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Hey, if Nick wants to give it a shot, they might agree to it, but honestly, you saw it and so did I.

He can't walk. If he can get well in 10 days fine, but it's not enough time.
I trust the professionals more than my own eyes. That's why we have professionals.

Great tourney for Cutch. Probably moved himself to a 6-Seed at NCAAs.
Matt McCutcheon deserves a lot of credit and there are still plenty of doubters here. People said he was a small 184 pounder and he's surely undersized at 197. Yet he took 3rd place in the Big Ten Tournament at 197. Outstanding. He deserves praise.

I don't think it can be done with 8 this year. I said that two weeks ago and the myopians jumped all over me.

PSU has a legit shot even without Nick, but obviously there probabilities go way higher if Nick comes out and looks pretty healthy (hard to call given that his ankle is apparently still bothering him). Nick appears to be a complete wildcard at this point.

Hall, Cenzo, Nevills, and Cutch all wrestled really well, I thought (along with ZR and Nolf). I believe all 6 wrestled to seed. Add Nickal and we'll be bringing some serious firepower to St Louis.

cenzo really helped himself. No reason he cant make the semis but beat massa there.

Cutch helped himself by getting a top 8 seed and maybe a decent qtrs match.

Nevills is where he is. He earned it.

Hall can beat anyone so whatever side he is on the higher seed needs to be ready to rock.

Although we took 2nd, I only see us having held form or advanced form.

Healthy Suriano or remotely healthy (top 6) and we should be considered favorites.

Or Imar.

No way in Hell NaTo should have been named as OW. What a joke.

NaTo was the OW as named by BTN. Not positive, but don't think he was necessarily the "official" OW. Pay it no heed, at least for now.

Edit - EJ beat me to it, but Retherford, is the official OW, and rightly so.

Reactions: kjb32812
If anyone knows, does Hall basically walk around at 174? He is going to be special when he gains some strength. He really is effortless out there.

cenzo really helped himself. No reason he cant make the semis but beat massa there.

Cutch helped himself by getting a top 8 seed and maybe a decent qtrs match.

Nevills is where he is. He earned it.

Hall can beat anyone so whatever side he is on the higher seed needs to be ready to rock.

Although we took 2nd, I only see us having held form or advanced form.

Healthy Suriano or remotely healthy (top 6) and we should be considered favorites.

He's not healthy. Right now Ohio St is the favorite.

Byers even just said if Hall does not get ripped off on that take down PSU wins Title !!!!

No, Byers did not say that. o_O

And do the math. With both Moore and Snyder winning, tOSU won by 9.5 points. If Hall beats BoJo, it's an 8-point swing and ... wait for it .... tOSU still wins.

No, Byers did not say that. o_O

And do the math. With both Moore and Snyder winning, tOSU won by 9.5 points. If Hall beats BoJo, it's an 8-point swing and ... wait for it .... tOSU still wins.

157434-chevy-chase-no-math-gif-meme-I-9NDX.jpeg

Reactions: NittanyChris
I for one thought the team wrestled really good. A healthy Suriano changes everything. Zain, Nolf, cenzo, hall, cutch and Nevills wrestled good. Other than Bo and Jimmy (that was ugly) I thought the guys did what they were supposed to. Hall is right there with Bo-jo. Definitely don't need to lose sleep over this. PSU has a very realistic chance to have 4 guys in the NCAA finals, and if my prayers are answered maybe even 5. That's damn strong !!

I for one thought the team wrestled really good. A healthy Suriano changes everything. Zain, Nolf, cenzo, hall, cutch and Nevills wrestled good. Other than Bo and Jimmy (that was ugly) I thought the guys did what they were supposed to. Hall is right there with Bo-jo. Definitely don't need to lose sleep over this. PSU has a very realistic chance to have 4 guys in the NCAA finals, and if my prayers are answered maybe even 5. That's damn strong !!

Classic myopia.

True statement about Suriano, but seeing him limp around yesterday (13 days after the injury) has me concerned about how effective he will be at NCAAs 12 days from now. Captain Obvious, I know. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT