ADVERTISEMENT

Army West Point Invite Thread

Hmmm, not to be a worry wart but....

Berge - two weeks later? I really hope this isn't turning out to be a Sydney Crosby like post concussion syndrome story. He needs the work and not going make today doesn't make sense. Where is Spyker, what's happening in the room?

Rasheed - I get it, no problem

Cassar - There must be more to the story here, I guess he is either sick or banged up. He was supposed to be a go at the Ferrel but was a no show there as well. I thought why give Gable a look anyway. AC will need to run the table at the US open now - 2019 NCAA champions don't get an auto Oly trials qualifier do they? I worry about him lifting to much weight to be honest. One of these days he might pull something doing a rediculously large dead lift. That said no Hoopes? Dang it. (Correction he is going 197) There has been a lot of press on how Parris had jumped a level this year. It would have been fun seeing that crash and burn.

In any case injuries may be the deciding factor for both the Iowa dual and in March and my only wish is that we go into both at 100% strength

Cdt article had this about Berge and Shak:

However, Berge and sixth-year senior Shakur Rasheed were both held out of competition last weekend as they continue to recover from past injuries. Sanderson said the coaching staff is still undecided on whether the pair will wrestle this weekend.

“With both those guys, it’s going to be a day-to-day thing,” he said. “If we don’t have to wrestle them, there’s no reason to do that. Obviously, they want to compete. But, we’ve still got a few months ahead of the season here.”

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article237299559.html

I took this as the coaches being cautious. If I'm Brady's Dad I whole heartedly endorse Cael's cautious approach.

Hunter Baxter (Maryland) DEC Dominic Giannangeli (Penn State) , 4-0

Roman Bravo-Young, Penn State on bout 33 has been assigned to Mat 1

Concussions are no joke. Better to be waaaaaaaay safe right now, than come back too soon. I used to be old school as well, but we had some eye opening experience with it last year.

He got a concussion in early November (only brief unconsciousness, nothing like Berge) and wasn't cleared to practice until after Christmas. Did a 2 and medical in an open in early January and finally took the mat in mid-January. It was a conservative approach and worked out great. And, I can tell you, he wasn't near 100% for over a month. Maybe close to two.

If Berge isn't wrestling until January, so be it. Who cares? Honestly, the season is too long anyway, these first couple of months are much more important to the young guys than a guy like Berge. Right now he's saving wear and tear on his body and getting his head right - don't push it. The last thing you want to do is get another one right on top of the first - that's when things get worrisome.
Seriously. We do not need any of these guys at a smaller tournament in mid-November. We need them at 2 big tournaments in March.

And really who cares what we need. They need their health more. It's about them, not about me.

Trust the coaches.

Orem comimg hard at RBY

2 td Orem

RBY is out for 1

RBY grabs a single and gets the TD. 3-2 score

Orem gets the escape tied 3-3 1:10 left

RBY with a righty single and gets the TD

Orem escapes but RBY has 1:15 riding time

RBY gets another TD and rides the period out.leads 7-4

Optional start after RBY defers

Orem out and RBY gets another TD

Orem out again and another RBY TD

RBY leads 11-7 after letting Orem up

Immediate TD by RBY 13-7 riding time

Over 3 mins RT

20-9 final score RBY

Last edited:
Jaron Smith of Maryland is a SR with a career record of 19-13...

So far Conel hasn’t released any offense that I’ve seen. Still hoping it’s just mat rust and early season ‘out-of-shape-ed-ness’

On the bright side - Conel is 2-0 and he’s shown the ability to win tight matches in both contests:)

Hildebrand winning 5-0 over Meredith after 2

Late td. Plus add a point for RT. 8-0 final

“This tourney sucks !!”
“Conel sucks !!”

Lighten up, Francis.
Did someone kick your dog ?

Never said Conel sucks. His leg defense is obviously very good and likely gives Beard trouble in the room. But give me Beard every day.

Tournament would suck less if it wasn't the only one on the regular season schedule. Now, if say 6 or more show up in Fort Worth next month, then I will feel better about it. But if it's just Hall, AC, and Cenzo....

Never said Conel sucks. His leg defense is obviously very good and likely gives Beard trouble in the room. But give me Beard every day

Well, I know what you said ...and it’s probably not what you really wanted to say. Lol.

Luke Gardner. Winning -4-3. In the 2nd over Raczkowski

Gardner escape 5-3

Gardner imidiatley back in on a dbl and gets the TD 7-3

Gardner starts the 3rd on top . quick escape 7-4

Gardner does currently have 1:54 riding time

TD for Gardner brings the score to 11-4 with RT.. Final is 12-4

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT